• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TAR 2010, April 15 - 18, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that. It would have been fun to return to the scene of the crime from last year, eh? Just with knobby tires this time.

I had Jury duty scheduled today but it was canceled so im riding down tomorrow and camp at the state park

route

I've got my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates.

Knowing forecasters, there's a good chance this could happen.

However, my riding posse and I wanted to be out West doing a multi-day riding expedition in conjunction with TAR, during good weather for photography and sightseeing.

We were rained on in the area yesterday....we were in Waring, Comfort, Bandera, Tarpley, near Utopia, Vanderpool, and Leakey (don't miss Mama Chole's Mexican restaurant), and up through Hunt, Ingram etc. So, we cancelled our reservations at the Hills motel if anyone wants two rooms.

Richard will probably be right and the wx in the Junction area could likely cooperate, it's just that we were going to be riding not just TAR but a more expanded area and the chance of us continuing to get rained on was virtually assured.

I've got my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates.
Richard do you have a good weather report other than what I find, which all seams to say 60% T storms through the weekend from Junction to College Station.Don't mind hanging out telling lies around the hotel in the rain but 5 + hour ride in the rain to get there and get home w/knobbbies makes for real stressful day:eek2: If you know what I'm saying

I'm showing 70% chance that it will not rain.

This is supposed to be an Adventure Ride. The adventure starts when things quit going as planned! :eat::rider::eat::rider::eat::yawn:

However, my riding posse and I wanted to be out West doing a multi-day riding expedition in conjunction with TAR, during good weather for photography and sightseeing.

We were rained on in the area yesterday....we were in Waring, Comfort, Bandera, Tarpley, near Utopia, Vanderpool, and Leakey (don't miss Mama Chole's Mexican restaurant), and up through Hunt, Ingram etc. So, we cancelled our reservations at the Hills motel if anyone wants two rooms.

Richard will probably be right and the wx in the Junction area could likely cooperate, it's just that we were going to be riding not just TAR but a more expanded area and the chance of us continuing to get rained on was virtually assured.

Come on Trice, pull your big boy pants on and ride :lol2:

No seriously I swapped my campsite for your room at the Hills!
Thanks!

Rick When are you and BigAl plan on leaving out tomorrow. I might ride out through temple

Big A not Big Al (not being rude)and I are leaving from Temple at 8:30 so it might be tough for you to get here ,meeting one other guy at the IHOP in Temple for breakfast at 7:30.

Big A not Big Al (not being rude)and I are leaving from Temple at 8:30 so it might be tough for you to get here ,meeting one other guy at the IHOP in Temple for breakfast at 7:30.
NO problem on "Big A" don't no where big al came from. Well not sure if I can get away from opening the shop in the morning but you might see me before 8:30 . If not I'll run my normal hwy 79 to 29 route and see you in Junction. Thanks :rider:

Polly's Chapel

Photo from Yesterday's ride in the Hill Country with Jthompson and solorider

837020741_CHshi-L.jpg

NO problem on "Big A" don't no where big al came from. Well not sure if I can get away from opening the shop in the morning but you might see me before 8:30 . If not I'll run my normal hwy 79 to 29 route and see you in Junction. Thanks :rider:

If it looks like you are running late call my cell phone and we will wait awhile . We wont be on that big of a serious time schedule .
I sent you a pm with the number :rider:

I looked at the weather just a little while ago and am ready to make my prediction. Thursday will be a 50% chance of rain, which means that you will get rained on a bit while riding to Junction on Thursday. Maybe an hour or two, but that's it. The rest of the day will be nice riding. You will have a fun day of riding overall.

Friday the chance of rain will drop to 30-40%, which means you will get rained on for 30 min - 1 hour while riding on Friday - i.e. just enough to get everything a little damp and keep the dust down. You will have an incredible day of riding overall.

Saturday the chance of rain will decrease slightly - which means you might get rained on for a total of 30 minutes all day. Your buddy will fall in one of the low water crossing and you will get an award winning picture of it. You will have great stories to tell at the Saturday night party. Wow, what a great day it was.

Sunday you will have to ride back home. You won't care if it rains all the way home (even though it won't) because it was all worth it.

Well, there you go. That's what is going to happen. See you in Junction.

Trice, dude, there's no need to pull out just because you're afraid your guacamole might be second-best! We'll still be there, brewing guac, sipping margaritas, and searing fajitas. I'm sure we'll see you next time...

Trice, dude, there's no need to pull out just because you're afraid your guacamole might be second-best! We'll still be there, brewing guac, sipping margaritas, and searing fajitas. I'm sure we'll see you next time...

I think my guacamole would come in third place. You'd win, but Mama Chole's in Leakey has the best Mexican food I've ever experienced. I am NOT KIDDING. John thought he'd died and gone to heaven....

Rusty,
Does your GPS show weather radar for Junction? 8am parking lot decisions need live radar...

Nope, I use the old fashioned weather gauge...and open palm facing up. If its dry then no rain. :rofl: If its wet then somebody spit when I wasn't looking.

Sunday you will have to ride back home. You won't care if it rains all the way home (even though it won't) because it was all worth it.

Somehow I don't think Richard was basing this analysis on the trip back from TAR last year... :lol2: :giveup:

Rain schmain, I'm in.

Servants Poor Professor Higgins!
Poor Professor Higgins! Night and day
He slaves away! Oh, poor Professor Higgins!
All day long On his feet; Up and down until he's numb;
Doesn't rest; Doesn't eat;
Doesn't touch a crumb! Poor Professor Higgins!
Poor Professor Higgins! On he plods Against all odds;
Oh, poor Professor Higgins! Nine p.m. Ten p.m.
On through midnight ev'ry night.
One a.m. Two a.m. Three...! Quit, Professor Higgins!
Quit, Professor Higgins! Hear our plea
Or payday we Will quit, Professor Higgins!
Ay not I, O not Ow, Pounding pounding in our brain.
Ay not I, O not Ow, Don't say "Rine," say "Rain"...
Eliza The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!
Henry By George, she's got it! By George, she's got it!
Now, once again where does it rain? Eliza On the plain!
On the plain! Henry And where's that soggy plain?
Eliza In Spain! In Spain! The three
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!
The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain! Henry
In Hartford, Hereford, and Hampshire...?
Eliza Hurricanes hardly happen.
How kind of you to let me come! Henry
Now once again, where does it rain?
Eliza On the plain! On the plain! Henry
And where's that blasted plain?
Eliza In Spain! In Spain! The three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back