• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TARA DFW North August 2018 Happenings

tperk314

Forum Supporter
LATE NOTICE....1st TUESDAY THIS WEEK.

Hey guys...sorry for the late notice. I've been riding in Colorado for a week & a half...and have been totally off the grid. This Tuesday (Aug. 7) is the 1st Tuesday of the month. I haven't had a chance to reserve our room at El Fenix, but go ahead and plan on 7PM at El Fenix in Grapevine. I will call tomorrow & confirm the location here tomorrow. See you Tuesday at 7PM.

tperk314

Forum Supporter
1st TUESDAY LOCATION CONFIRMED:

It's confirmed...same as usual. 1st Tuesday will be at El Fenix in Grapevine, hwy 114, tomorrow night at 7PM. See you there. :eat::party:

tperk314

Forum Supporter
We had another good showing at our 1st Tuesday. 15 riders made it for dinner.

There were a couple different groups of riders that had been out in Colorado riding since the last meeting. Great cool weather for the week we were out there!

The guys are getting antsy to do some riding, now that summer is winding down. We are looking at a weekend ride...either up at Red River, over in Barnwell, or maybe even going down to Marble Falls. Probably in the last half of September, or October. Any ride ideas...post them here. If anyone has been to the park down in Marble Falls...give us a review & whether you think it is worth a drive down for a weekend.

A few guys are planning on riding in the Hill Country 500, in November. It would be great to have a big DFW showing down there! Check out the ride info here: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117802

Meeting Location: We've been meeting at El Fenix for several months now. Seems to work out pretty good & they treat us ok. However...at the end of the restaurant row was a Joe's Crab Shack...that went out of business. It just reopened as Boomer Jack's. I stopped by there to check it out & they have a private room available. The person I talked to didn't think they charged to use it, but wasn't sure. Planning to stop by & talk to the manager to make sure. If its free...it would give us another location to use once in awhile.

Planning a ride...looking for someone to go with you? Post it here.

Get out and ride!

tperk314

Forum Supporter
FYI...the following thread is for the Roll The Bones Rally: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118048

I've never made it down for that...always wanted to...just never seems to work out. If you've made this rally...feel free to pass along your feedback. Pretty sure some guys are interested in going.

Get out and ride!:rider:

tperk314

Forum Supporter
September thread up & running...check it out. 1st Tuesday on 9/4 @ 7PM.