• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: TARA monthly dual sport adventure ride

Appears to be street only this month? Anyone doing one of the dual sport routes?

Full Street this month it look like, I put the street rims last weekend on the big bike, I think by October there is more dirt following the calendar

maybe my download was old it was spicewood, but round mountain sound good

I am good with anything, depending on the group size, type of ride & rider tires profile, etc. I was over San Sabe two weeks ago and there a couple of nice crushed granite roads good amount of sand pocket that get you by surprise :) if you really want to hit some dirt it's totally possible up there. For sure their people that are looking to follow the Tara Monthly calendar and something to consider.

Sounds fun. I’ll have to see if I can get away

I would be in for dirt too, I ride street on Sundays.

I am up for whatever route with a good amount of dirt. I talked to Richard and this month route is mostly paved now day. So lets pick another route

How many people are riding tomorrow? Two of us here in Johnson City planning to make the route tomorrow morning.

Nice ride today. Let say fair well to CR 413 that use to be a nice Sandy/crush granite road is now half paved.
0F9C3587-8F39-46F5-8D16-2F24C2C663FE.jpeg

01293D12-D33D-4471-B3B6-CC69B1FF8828.jpegECDAF632-2CC8-47CD-BB75-7903628EC2A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey don't tell anyone, about the secret spot :-D

It does look like it's just pure dirt over there. That last stretch before hitting Llano again was beautiful, with the hills surrounded.

Enrique if you come that far east here a loop i ride its from, Dime box ,Park RD 57 to south of Cameron back to Rockdale its about 50/50 dirt, paved

GPX viewer
I did this loop on Sat. It was great. Took me about 4 hrs to complete the loop. Thanks for sharing the gpx file.

glad you enjoyed the loop
what percentage of dirt/paved do you think it was ,some time my presumption is different than what it really is. Now I guess i need to get to work on the others I have partially done.
I did this loop on Sat. It was great. Took me about 4 hrs to complete the loop. Thanks for sharing the gpx file.

glad you enjoyed the loop
what percentage of dirt/paved do you think it was ,some time my presumption is different than what it really is. Now I guess i need to get to work on the others I have partially done.
I think your assumption was accurate. I’d say 50/50.

Looking forward to the monthly ride this coming Saturday. Always wanted to do the James River route but the schedule didn't seem to align these last couple years. Can anyone confirm if there is a fuel stop somewhere in the middle portion of the route? I've done several of these rides, but always on a different bike it seems - AT, 701, GS, now a CRF300.

TxTimMo, I personally like to do the route. counterclockwise and arrive at Mason Copper BBQ at noon perfect for lunch & fuel, Don't like BBQ! other Food alternatives at Lowes Grocery Market. The next fuel stop I believe in Johnson City.

Back