• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TARA: Texas Adventure Ride, April 20-23, 2017, Junction, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reserved a room for all 3 nights at the roadway as it was the only hotel with available rooms. Anyone trailering there with room for 1? We can work something I'm sure. It's a small bike.

Enjoyed Big Bend this past weekend on Ct90
Will speak to "boss" for this ride
She mentioned many house chores
Maybe I can get the weekend pass.

If I get the time off work I'll camp too

Yeah, what Mark said, Vinny, do you know yet?

Currently, JT and I are leaning more toward camping, specifically the campground beside the river that used to be a KOA.

http://www.junctionnorthllanoriverrvpark.com/

We drove through the grounds on our way back from BB last Sunday, great tent sites right beside the river. Some with electric, most without. Tent sites are first come, first served.

I do have it off ! ......But.......I'm on the medical team for Moto GP that weekend .

I'm going to try to camp by the track since we have to be there by 6 am .

Sorry I'm missing it. I feel loved :rider:

camping by a racetrack is not the same as riding county roads and camping by the Llano river in the hill country with friends. jus sayin

Is anyone trailering from DFW for this event, and have room for one more bike?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Looking forward to this! I'll be heading over on the WRR Thursday.

BW was full so I made a reservation at the Roadway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was wondering about the rain down James River way? I saw water rescue at fort hood. i was thinking of a side car boat, anyone have one?

probably a little early to worry, but I live in Texarkana and it is wet here now. how much rain did the hill country get?

I can't do the whole event, but I plan to be there for Saturdays ride.

Too far to slab it on the 450, so I'm going to truck it there early Saturday morning, ride all day, do dinner, and head back home to San Antonio.

I called North Lano River RV Park, and they said two occupants with two small tents would be $20. So if any other single camper with small tent would like to share a campsite (Thursday-Saturday nights) let me know :-P

Last edited:
4 or 5 riders coming from Lubbock on Friday.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I called North Lano River RV Park, and they said two occupants with two small tents would be $20. So if any other single camper with small tent would like to share a campsite (Thursday-Saturday nights) let me know :-P

Hi Fred, SpiritAtBay and I will camp Friday night, possibly Saturday, too. Will the park allow 3 people/2 tents in one site? We may have to have our own site.

JT

Hi Fred, SpiritAtBay and I will camp Friday night, possibly Saturday, too. Will the park allow 3 people/2 tents in one site? We may have to have our own site.

JT

Not sure; Since I was going single, I asked them if another single with separate tent could camp on the same site (making it two people in separate tents on the one site -- their standard $20 fee includes two people). You could ask, but I think they would add $5 for the extra person.

Last edited:
That's still a good deal. We will see ya there. (JT will get to ride Friday, I will drive over after work friday evening.)

Anybody headed over from Austin on Thursday? I will probably leave early afternoon so I can stay off the highways and get there in time for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back