• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Tarrant Co Meet & Greet - 6:30ish

Ah, we ride adventure bikes, so we're supposed to have adventures, eh? Well after seeing ya'll my front tire picked up a nail.... flat and came off the bead. Ended up installing a tube over in Riverside. Right after stopping there were 3 gunshots from behind the house across the road..... Fun and games........ Got to visit with several of the street neighbors strolling the streets. Called AMA roadside assist, waited 30 min, and proceeded to install the tube. They never responded on who was coming to help.

Ah, we ride adventure bikes, so we're supposed to have adventures, eh? Well after seeing ya'll my front tire picked up a nail.... flat and came off the bead. Ended up installing a tube over in Riverside. Right after stopping there were 3 gunshots from behind the house across the road..... Fun and games........ Got to visit with several of the street neighbors strolling the streets. Called AMA roadside assist, waited 30 min, and proceeded to install the tube. They never responded on who was coming to help.
Plugging wasn't an option?

Remember its not an adventure until something goes wrong.

This is a good reminder for me to leave the nessesities on the bike. Id have been in trouble with the plugs, air compressor and tire tools sitting in the garage waiting on the next road trip..
Well at least you did not have to break the bead.

This is a good reminder for me to leave the nessesities on the bike. Id have been in trouble with the plugs, air compressor and tire tools sitting in the garage waiting on the next road trip..
I have had more flats locally than traveling. Which I guess makes sense since we spend more time on the road locally than traveling. On all but my seldom ridden vintage bikes I am typically prepared to fix a flat at all times.

Tim, forgot to mention a small Slim compressor and one of these kits fits nicely under the front seat of my S10.

Prior to this I carried a pump and tire plugs thinking that all I had to do was plug the tire and air up. However these would have been useless in reseating the bead. That's a challenge even with my home 160 psi compressor. Fortunately, I hadn't taken off my kit used for long distance that included pump, tube, and tools. Good lesson on leaving it on full time. And I got to know several of the late night locals for good measure.....

Tim, forgot to mention a small Slim compressor and one of these kits fits nicely under the front seat of my S10.

Iv got a small compressor i removed the housing from to make it even smaller. I keep basic tools under the seat but since i never remove the top box i should leave the basics in there.

I like a top box. I have plugs and a pump in both bikes’ top boxes. Plus a jump starter thing and other tools.

Im out. On stinking lock down again. I need to go get the antibody test so i can keep going with life. This is my fifth and im over it.
Really!!?? I'm interested in hearing more when able.

I'm out too and David, if you haven't heard the Houston gig was canceled a couple of hours ago. I'm ticked.

Really!!?? I'm interested in hearing more when able.

I'm out too and David, if you haven't heard the Houston gig was canceled a couple of hours ago. I'm ticked.
My wife definatly has covid. All the symptoms. Interestingly of the 5 places giving covid testing the earliest she can get a test is friday noon. Then two days for a result. After a year and a half this is where its at? Rediculess. Im starting to feel a little off today but got a lot of work done. In the last two hours iv begun to cough for no apparent reason other than a tickle in the back of my throat.
I started ivermectin last night just in case.

My wife definatly has covid. All the symptoms. Interestingly of the 5 places giving covid testing the earliest she can get a test is friday noon. Then two days for a result. After a year and a half this is where its at? Rediculess. Im starting to feel a little off today but got a lot of work done. In the last two hours iv begun to cough for no apparent reason other than a tickle in the back of my throat.
I started ivermectin last night just in case.
Get well soon! If you need anything, reach out.

Back