• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TAT Oklahoma/New Mexico Memorial Day Weekend

Don, looks like some awesome riding!! Now that I have the right bike I need to make some of these. After going through Arkansas to get my bike, I really wanted to stop and and hit some of the great looking trails!!
Did you put a new tank on the Beemer?Think I will need to put the safari tank on mine.

Don, looks like some awesome riding!! Now that I have the right bike I need to make some of these. After going through Arkansas to get my bike, I really wanted to stop and and hit some of the great looking trails!!
Did you put a new tank on the Beemer?Think I will need to put the safari tank on mine.

Yes I added the 4.2 gallon TT tank. That gives me 6.8 gallons and a range of 250+ miles.

Holler when you want to try that bike out.
You and Rick should come to this
http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2010/Colorado/
http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/messages?msg=39451.1

It will be the same bunch that rode with us in Big Bend. Good group of guys.

These roads ARE A BLAST!
886320702_4Gttu-L.jpg

Have you tried Colorado?

Long Canyon Rd. was interesting

893102788_TLNkG-M.jpg

893102771_4vgtu-M.jpg

Thanks to ADV rider We knew to look for this sign

893102825_HFgF3-M.jpg

This led to the most demanding climb of the TAT so far!

893102846_sGVEh-M.jpg

Me and a friend are going from OKl/Arizona border west into New Mexico. Is this a chalenge or not? We will be on 650's. Going in July

Me and a friend are going from OKl/Arizona border west into New Mexico. Is this a chalenge or not? We will be on 650's. Going in July

After you find the Oklahoma / Arizona border and head West, all your troubles will be behind you. :lol2:

But if you head West and North from the Oklahoma/ New Mexico Border you will should not have much problem. New Mexico part of the TAT is only 75 miles there is about a 1 mile climb on Long Canyon Road that is a little exciting. I understand that the trail gets more challenging in parts of Colorado and on West but I have not run that section yet.

Nice ride report! My brother and I are trying to do Ark. , Okla and New Mexico this fall. He has a DR and I a KLR. Looks like it will be a great ride! Your pics are making me anxious.

We finally arrived at our stopping point, Branson,Co

893102902_72i46-M.jpg

886504850_g5ni4-L.jpg

Mr. Happy thought it was funny when Olebuddy was jailed for vagrancy

886504818_Nav9A-L.jpg

Nice view of the outhouse!

893102875_aaKbD-M.jpg

It was not as funny when the caught me!

893102857_MPEJ7-L.jpg

We escaped and high tailed it outta there!
We hit the two lanes and headed home.
Saw some nice places. I'm thinking of relocating.

893102736_sxV5i-M.jpg

We rode on to Childress and called it a day, got up Monday and made it home.
The tale of the tape!

886504957_gUNqt-L.jpg

We hope to do another week headed West this Fall or maybe next summer.
Thanks for playing along!

:clap: Nice! I'd love to get up to the Continental Divide area and do some riding...

:tab While it might take away some of the challenge of navigating, I think this is pretty cool! I especially like having bike friendly people in the area that can help out if needed.

Buffalo, Ok.
They know about the TAT and would like for you to stop by and drop a couple of bucks!

886374269_rPKag-L.jpg

886374297_rkBBX-L.jpg

Here is the Buffalo Ambassador! He's really a nice guy.
We did not see many people while on the trail but all of them were super nice. If you have trouble, don't be afraid to ask for help. Top notch folks!

886374326_PddPq-L.jpg

Back