• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

!TAXES?...no .. TEXAS!!! .. STROM-A-THON III Llano Tx APR 22-24th 2016

Re: !TAXES?...no .. TEXAS!!! .. STROM-A-THON III Llano Tx APR 15-17th 2016

I will just take a reg tent then jic. It does sound like a good time.
I will look into the maps for sure. I have been wanting to get down to ride the hill country areas for a long time.
And you better just go if there is a possibility of you hating your wife! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for camping Saturday night like normal. Open to ride Sunday also.

Catch ya next time, Drew. When you're ready to go back to Colorado, I found another road, while pulling the trailer last fall, that just needs to be ridden!

I'm in. Hopefully the Houston area gang that rode up together last year can do it again this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in. Hopefully the Houston area gang that rode up together last year can do it again this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rick, that sounds good.

Timbercat is hedded ta Llano today to confirm details with the Days Inn & Badu House restaurant ...& mabe the camping details too

Yall jus post up if goin soz we can give them a good estimate

Last edited:

I will just take a reg tent then jic. It does sound like a good time.
I will look into the maps for sure. I have been wanting to get down to ride the hill country areas for a long time.
And you better just go if there is a possibility of you hating your wife! [emoji14]

snapp.... Ive got plenty of the Butler maps avail rite now..... gonna do a Strom A Thon special on em too.

Last edited:

snapp.... Ive got plenty of the Butler maps avail rite now..... gonna do a Strim A Thon special on em too.

Awesome! Let me know and i will pre pay if need. ;)
If not, def save me one. [emoji106]?

snapp... they are on a "first come..first serve" basis
You can contact me via PM for all the pymt & shipp details if needed before S A T for plannin routes

10-4! Sending a pm now.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!

Due to the Crawfish Festival which is being held in Llano the weekend of Apr 15-17

STROM A THON IS MOVING TO THE NEXT WEEKEND APR 22-24

I hope this change might help some folks who had other plans for the 15-17 too

Last edited:

That might put me back into it. I should know within a week.

Hey, suggestion about tshirts for this year. Instead of making an event-driven shirt with date and location, how about one that is simply VStrom-themed? Heaven knows those are hard to find. I know of two, own them both, and one has a hole in it.

That would be cool Tim!
If you do make it, will you be leaving Friday morn, or later?

Hey, suggestion about tshirts for this year. Instead of making an event-driven shirt with date and location, how about one that is simply VStrom-themed? Heaven knows those are hard to find. I know of two, own them both, and one has a hole in it.

The new rules are not just stroms! :p
Jk.
I dont own one, but i would wear a v strom shirt for cause. [emoji106]?

The new rules are not just stroms! :p
Jk.
I dont own one, but i would wear a v strom shirt for cause. [emoji106]?

I've got it worked out Erik, and if nothing else comes up, I'll be going. It's about 3 1/2 hours to Llano. I'd want to be leaving no later than noon - if you can swing that, I'd love to have company for the ride down.

As for the rules, we actually don't disallow any bikes. I missed last year, but in 2014, there were plenty of KLRs and GSs, a handful of KTMs, 2 Tiger 800s, and one Harley. But obviously, the bikes we ride & the tires they wear influence the type of riding each of us is likely to be doing all day on Saturday. I might get brave & tag along on a goat path run this year as long as Rod can promise me no water crossings. :duck:

I've got it worked out Erik, and if nothing else comes up, I'll be going. It's about 3 1/2 hours to Llano. I'd want to be leaving no later than noon - if you can swing that, I'd love to have company for the ride down.

As for the rules, we actually don't disallow any bikes. I missed last year, but in 2014, there were plenty of KLRs and GSs, a handful of KTMs, 2 Tiger 800s, and one Harley. But obviously, the bikes we ride & the tires they wear influence the type of riding each of us is likely to be doing all day on Saturday. I might get brave & tag along on a goat path run this year as long as Rod can promise me no water crossings. :duck:

Well im having to be sparing with my paid time off, but if all works out i will be heading out from work around 10 or 11 that Friday. So i could meet you at your place. Or depending on your route, i can meet you somewhere on the wayI will be leaving (loaded down) from the White Settlement area.

Oh yeah, no sense coming all the way over to Arlington. We'll figure out a place & time to meet. Maybe Cleburne - that way, you can just cut SW on 171 & save both time & miles. We'll work that out. We'll also have to wait & see if anybody else wants to join us. Last year, LouWest & I were planning to ride together until I had to bail at the last moment.

Well...... the T Shirt project hasn't moved very much.....

I'm leaning toward a design with just the headlights, upper fairing, shield of an early Strom..... 1000 or 650... both look almost the same. Pretty simple without the mirrors turn signals etc..... but with a pair of longhorns like handlebars.... ala cow skull. It sez Strom & Texas all in one.
The new 012up 650 could be in a scene with a Texas landmark... Enchanted Rock... or ??? The new 014up 1000 mabe carving a corner on a well known stretch of highway.
Not too many colors though to keep the price reasonable for folks.
......did I say that???

I will be in training all of March, April and into May... going into a new airplane. Not sure of what the schedules will be but if we have have that weekend off then I will be there. I'll need the break by then, believe me!

Rod, either of those tshirt designs sounds great to me.

Strom A Thon threads are now up & going on both ADVrider & Stromtrooper forums. I may need to enlist help from someone in keeping up with responses on either or both of those forums.... lemme kno if you're that person.

Rod, either of those tshirt designs sounds great to me.
I was thinkin all incorporated into one design on the back
Longhorn Strom centralized & bigger... other Stroms around it

But the Longhorn Strom would also work on the front pocket area or sleeve.. . Other Strom scenes grouped on back

A bit more cost for multiple screens

I'm in! I hope to hang my hammock in the city park, again.

Back