• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TCCRA info?

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Stumbled across some YouTube videos of a recent race held not insanely far from me that looked wicked fun. I’ve seen the website, but I’m not having much luck finding WHERE all the races are held. The schedule lists what appear to be a ranch name and then a person (I’m assuming contact for the location). Seems most of the locations I’m able to find are near Dallas.

Long story short, I’m not on FB and I’m always looking for more opportunities to get knobs in dirt. Help deciphering that site and/or other suggestions welcome.

I think this is 2022 sch copied from FB Next race April 2/3 was scheduled for Rocky Ridge has been changed to Jacksboro - Boars Nest

TCCRA 2022 Sch.jpg

The TCCRA races are the biggest off-road race series in Texas. If you race (or practice) you need to be prepared for fast wide open racing and then some tight racing. All depends on the track. When it gets dusty, bring an extra pair of goggles because it gets dusty. Fun series and great family fun. I don't do FB but wife does so I can get info. I dont do any series racing anymore! If weather is good Ill go practice,..if I like the track I'll race, or I'll stay home and smoke a pork butt. Jacksboro is a Really fun track. If I wasnt in Ark I'd race. Great series. Let me know if you want the 2022 schedule and I'll figure out how to get it off FB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 6.47.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 6.47.18 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
The TCCRA races are the biggest off-road race series in Texas. If you race (or practice) you need to be prepared for fast wide open racing and then some tight racing. All depends on the track. When it gets dusty, bring an extra pair of goggles because it gets dusty. Fun series and great family fun. I don't do FB but wife does so I can get info. I dont do any series racing anymore! If weather is good Ill go practice,..if I like the track I'll race, or I'll stay home and smoke a pork butt. Jacksboro is a Really fun track. If I wasnt in Ark I'd race. Great series. Let me know if you want the 2022 schedule and I'll figure out how to get it off FB.
Yes, please send me the schedule if you can. Or post it here. What I was able to see on their site was pretty far away, but it never hurts to dream. That Topsey course looked like a blast. Thanks!

I used to race it a LONG time ago and the courses were super fun. Like @WFO75080 said, be ready for some wide open racing and then diving into the woods for some really tight single track.

One of these days once I practice a little more, I'm thinking about getting back into it. In the meantime TORN looks to be a MUCH milder version of it with less of a time commitment.

Went to watch the Twin Hills race March 6. Watched the start dry and extremely dusty. Hairpin left about 15 yards from the start then about 30 yards a hard right. The expert classes were tearing it up and banging bars. The flying dirt was so heavy you couldn't make out the bikes and riders. Watched several different sections of the track some of it was fast and open, most was tight in the trees, some ups and downs with big rocks. Pros and Experts ran 5 laps on a 10 mile track. Everybody else ran what ever they could get in before the experts finished. Ladies ran 3 laps and they were tearing it up.
If you can make it to The Twin Hills race to watch it is worth the trip.

My son and I rode the full 10 mile lap the following weekend and it was pretty rough with tight fast thru the trees braking bumps/wallows and acceleration bumps /wallows in every turn. Several turning climbs and downhills with big rocks to navigate. Some heavy duty sand down by the creek.
It was a fun race to watch. Thought it would be a pretty tough course and conditions to run at racing speeds.

That is until I rode the Caprock Enduro in Turkey Texas last weekend. The silt ate my lunch, and I only finished the first test but that is another story.

Last edited:
That is until I rode the Caprock Enduro in Turkey Texas last weekend. The silt ate my lunch, and I only finished the first test but that is another story.

Last weekend at Turkey was about the least amount of fun I have had on a dirt bike in quite a while. I finished both days, but the silt, dust (Saturday was worse because of no wind) and the club running us on the same old wore out trail made for some tough conditions. Foot peg deep ruts filled with silt, oh boy. Saturday they ran a test through the river bed, and that was fun. Sand was wet enough that there was no dust and it was 5th gear on the gas through the shallow water crossings.

Schedule​

2022 Schedule
2022 TCCRA Dates:

5001 – Mar 5/6 Twin Hills – Robert Lamber A/M/X – PM/PB
5003 – Apr 2/3 Jacksboro – Cassie Vowell M/X/A – PM/PB SS
5004 – Apr 16/17 Antelope Hills – Cameron Ishmael A/M/X – Vintage SS
5005 – Apr 30/May1 Davis OK – Kevin Lowrimore X/A/M – PM/PB SS
5006 – May 21/22 Simpsonville – Jeremy Fipps M/X/A – Vintage SS
5007 – June 4/5 Greenbriar – Dave Lucas A/M/X – PM/PB SS
5008 – June 18/19 Pecan Flats – Lucy Farris X/A/M – Vintage SS
SUMMER BREAK
5009 – Sept 17/18 Forbis Farms – Chris Baula M/X/A – PM/PB SS
5010 – Oct 1 /2 Bunker Hill Ranch – Susie Ishmael A/M/X – Vintage SS
5011 – Oct 15/16 Callisburg South – Emma Bolling X/A/M – PM/PB
5012 – Oct 29/30 Whitt Perrin – Marty Ishmael M/X/A – Vintage
RACE LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
**Poker Runs are scheduled for events 5001, 5009, and 5010
PM is pit mom on Saturday before the Pwee events
SS – strider/stacyc races on Saturday afternoons after the pwees
Vintage is on Sundays in the M/L program
PB is pitbike that run in the M/L program on Sunday.

Schedule​

2022 Schedule
2022 TCCRA Dates:

5001 – Mar 5/6 Twin Hills – Robert Lamber A/M/X – PM/PB
5003 – Apr 2/3 Jacksboro – Cassie Vowell M/X/A – PM/PB SS
5004 – Apr 16/17 Antelope Hills – Cameron Ishmael A/M/X – Vintage SS
5005 – Apr 30/May1 Davis OK – Kevin Lowrimore X/A/M – PM/PB SS
5006 – May 21/22 Simpsonville – Jeremy Fipps M/X/A – Vintage SS
5007 – June 4/5 Greenbriar – Dave Lucas A/M/X – PM/PB SS
5008 – June 18/19 Pecan Flats – Lucy Farris X/A/M – Vintage SS
SUMMER BREAK
5009 – Sept 17/18 Forbis Farms – Chris Baula M/X/A – PM/PB SS
5010 – Oct 1 /2 Bunker Hill Ranch – Susie Ishmael A/M/X – Vintage SS
5011 – Oct 15/16 Callisburg South – Emma Bolling X/A/M – PM/PB
5012 – Oct 29/30 Whitt Perrin – Marty Ishmael M/X/A – Vintage
RACE LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
**Poker Runs are scheduled for events 5001, 5009, and 5010
PM is pit mom on Saturday before the Pwee events
SS – strider/stacyc races on Saturday afternoons after the pwees
Vintage is on Sundays in the M/L program
PB is pitbike that run in the M/L program on Sunday.
Thanks for that. I’m still confused; for example, is the June race at a ranch called Pecan Flats? If so, how do I find out where it’s located? I can’t find a town with that name.

Thanks for that. I’m still confused; for example, is the June race at a ranch called Pecan Flats? If so, how do I find out where it’s located? I can’t find a town with that name.
Look at the schedule I attached in the right side column shows Pecan Flats race to be in Bridgeport. However i have no idea where Pecan Flats is in Bridgeport. Only track I know of in Bridgeport is Twin Hills

Look at the schedule I attached in the right side column shows Pecan Flats race to be in Bridgeport. However i have no idea where Pecan Flats is in Bridgeport. Only track I know of in Bridgeport is Twin Hills
Totally missed that. Spot on sir, and much appreciated. Next noob question, what does A/X/M mean?

With ALL due respect, sometimes clubs/racing organizations are very lax with providing location info. They take for granted everyone knows exactly where race locations are, directions have been a fail point for at least 50 years in my experience. All these folks work many many unpaid hours to help these events but some of the details are not their strong point. Usually an email will provide the info needed. Those of us who have been around many decades have some fun stories of traveling to events. I won't say anything about AR and MS directions but I'm smiling while I type. :lol2:

Back