• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TEAT route

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Okay peeps, I just heard about a dual sport ride in northern Texas called the TEAT (Texas Epic Adventure Trail), it is owned by the Go_Native_Overland group and is free to download if you are a member. Membership is only $5 a month, but this is a off-road group for cars and 4x4's so of no interest to me (I only ride motorcycles off-road). I do not want to join for 1 month, download the GPX file and then cancel the membership (too much hassle and not very friendly). As GPX file is free to download I was hoping someone on here might have a GPX file of the route that they would share with me? My wife and I are interested in riding it in a few weeks, as it's primarily for cars, I suspect it will be an easy ride for our dirt bikes, but there are so few dirt routes in Texas, I am happy to ride anything I can find..

Cheers Gary

Thanks Silver bullet, my search didn't find it, but your link works perfectly..

Cheers Gary

Glad you asked Thrashberg! I've been eyeballing that route myself but also didn't want to go through the hassle of signing up.

Okay peeps, I just heard about a dual sport ride in northern Texas called the TEAT (Texas Epic Adventure Trail), it is owned by the Go_Native_Overland group and is free to download if you are a member. Membership is only $5 a month, but this is a off-road group for cars and 4x4's so of no interest to me (I only ride motorcycles off-road). I do not want to join for 1 month, download the GPX file and then cancel the membership (too much hassle and not very friendly). As GPX file is free to download I was hoping someone on here might have a GPX file of the route that they would share with me? My wife and I are interested in riding it in a few weeks, as it's primarily for cars, I suspect it will be an easy ride for our dirt bikes, but there are so few dirt routes in Texas, I am happy to ride anything I can find..

Cheers Gary
Gary
Did you get a chance to ride the Southern section of TEAT yet?
November I'm planning on riding the South section starting at Lake Whitney. The route goes all the way to NMBDR starting point. I have no Idea how long it will take. I have 8 days to give it a shot! 😜

O
Gary
Did you get a chance to ride the Southern section of TEAT yet?
November I'm planning on riding the South section starting at Lake Whitney. The route goes all the way to NMBDR starting point. I have no Idea how long it will take. I have 8 days to give it a shot! 😜
haven‘t had a chance to run it yet, wife took a tumble and broke her leg, then I lost my job (got a new one, but no vacation for the moment) so haven’t ridden it yet, still hope to do it later this year or next year.. if you ride it, please let me know how it was.

Gary

O

haven‘t had a chance to run it yet, wife took a tumble and broke her leg, then I lost my job (got a new one, but no vacation for the moment) so haven’t ridden it yet, still hope to do it later this year or next year.. if you ride it, please let me know how it was.

Gary
Yes Sir
I have a new thread created for my travels. This next Weekend I'll be back out at Davey Crockett National Forest. Take care you and family in our thoughts and prayers!

Back