• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tech Day in Rendon 6/7/08 (DFW area)

Reaction score
Re: Tech Day/Meet and Greet June 7th 2008

Good to meet everyone.. hope everyone's work got done today.. got mine done:rider:
good times, good food :eat: , just a bit hot on the way back :sun:

will try to meet next time too.
Thanx mike for hosting us.

Thanks to Mike and his wife for their hospitality and generosity!!!! :clap: :clap:
The food and company were great! And thanks for letting me hang/crutch out with y'all. :mrgreen:

Had a great time. Thanks to Mike and Beth for being such great hosts. Y'all lay on quite a spread. Mike, I've officially been diagnosed with garage envy. It was great catching up with everyone. It's rare to get so many of our local folks in one spot.

Wayne, I hope you finally got your fuel (expletive deleted) sorted out.;-) By the way, Massey Road isn't that great. The gravel covered corners would be fun on a little dual sport or a motard, but on a 500+ pound ZRX it felt like swatting flies with a cannon.

Thanks again Mike and Beth! Great to see everyone again.

Thanks to Mike and Beth for being such great hosts. Y'all lay on quite a spread.

No kidding. This was a great location. Several bikes got worked on and even a few of them were ridden away! :-P

More details and pictures as they are available...

Several bikes got worked on and even a few of them were ridden away! :-P

And remarkably, the ZRX was one of them!

John, Mike, Jeff and anyone else who came over and laid hands on the ailing ZRX, I cannot thank you guys enough. I would've never figured out my little "problem" without you.

The ZRX ran really good on the way home. The butt dyno says I picked up a TW200 worth of horsepower. :lol2:

Mike and Beth - you guys are the greatest! Thanks again for coming to rescue me and for hosting an awesome tech day! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Mike and Beth!!! You Rock! :thumb:

Garage envy? We were using less than half of the ground floor!

Had a great time.

That was a great tech day. Very good spread of food and dessert. The house/garage setup is great, I really like that place.

Thanks for hosting this tech day, you did such a good job you might be talked into hosting future tech days. I hope you found a few monetary gifts laying around your house to help offset the cost (mine was under your computer mouse).

Wayne,
Was was the problem with the Rex? Was your exhaust pipe noise rattling the carbs loose:-P

Folks that was a good day! Beth and I haven't done much but work and work on our place for the last several years and it was good to finally share it with folks and be able to do some of the things we built it to do.

There was a lot of work done in the shop today and a bunch of people provided help to get it done. I'm appreciative of all of it. Chuck of course seems to be the backbone of any TWT event around here and he did a great job helping out today as usual, but there were a bunch of others pitching in too.

We had a max of 26 bikes and at least 31 people, but I think that a couple had already drifted in and out by the time we got a count. This is a good group of folks. everyone was polite and helpful and the place was clean and in good shape when the last person left. There will be no cleaning and just a little putting things away to do. We did find some green stuff in some unusual places and we appreciate it.

I'm not a great photographer, but here are some pics,folks I'm tired and I will definitely blow some names here but please don't feel slighted. I actually did much better with names today than usual!:

Kelly, Sharkey, Kim and Bung
20080607TechDay11.jpg

20080607TechDay17.jpg

Ryan and John getting ready to wash the famous KLR
20080607TechDay18.jpg

Chuck and Eaglerider discussing flush mount turn signals.
20080607TechDay2.jpg

Beth, Kelly, Chuck, Ram, Bung and Bill
20080607TechDay26.jpg

Ram and STSScott who claims to be a cheese head, but I think he's got brats on the brain:-P
20080607TechDay28.jpg

Ryan getting ready to bathe his Apreelea
20080607TechDay29.jpg

20080607TechDay34.jpg

Scott, ?, Bill and Wayne
20080607TechDay38.jpg

Joanna and Bert
20080607TechDay40.jpg

Scott?, Marty, John and Bung?
20080607TechDay42.jpg

Squeeky who's looking a bit squidly in those flip flops!
20080607TechDay45.jpg

Ryan, Hanna, Soozy, Bill and Dan?
20080607TechDay5.jpg

That's not nearly every one that was here, but those are the only pics I could get up quick without photoshoping them and I'm really not very good at that. I'm sure Chuck got some good pics too.

I know a couple of things got left behind. We've got an extra black folding chair for instance. I post a list tomorrow after we've put up the last of the stuff.

Thanks for coming
Mike and Beth

Wayne,
Was was the problem with the Rex? Was your exhaust pipe noise rattling the carbs loose:-P

Jeff ended up installing a complete digital fuel injection for me, porting and polishing the heads and boring the engine out to a 1300.

Not really.

He finally convinced us to unplug a couple of vacuum caps that he didn't think shouldn't be there, but John and I really thought they should. After a couple of hours of telling him to shut up, we finally gave it a try.

It worked the first try. :argh:

:lol2:

Please tell me somebody got a pic of the burning bike. :)

You guys will get a kick out of this: After everybody left and Kristy got there with my gear, I got all suited up and went to start the Rex. You guess it. It wouldn't start. :angryfire: It sounded like it was turning over a little slow, so thinking it might bump start, I pointed it down the driveway. Mike gave me a little push and it fired right off. I'll put the battery on the charger tonight, and we'll see if it holds a charge. A new battery might be in my immediate future. :argh:

This is all I took. Seems all my time today was taken up with fixing some piece of crap ZRX.

techday1.jpg

techday2.jpg

techday3.jpg

techday4.jpg

And remarkably, the ZRX was one of them!

John, Mike, Jeff and anyone else who came over and laid hands on the ailing ZRX, I cannot thank you guys enough. I would've never figured out my little "problem" without you.

The ZRX ran really good on the way home. The butt dyno says I picked up a TW200 worth of horsepower. :lol2:

Mike and Beth - you guys are the greatest! Thanks again for coming to rescue me and for hosting an awesome tech day! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

If we hadn't ignored Jeff, we would have been done a lot sooner.:rofl: That ZRX was running smooth when you left. Get her synched and she'll be dead on sweet.

Thanks again to Mike and Beth for hosting us. I think Kelly's garage envy is contagious.....I have it too. This was the most fun I've ever had getting doused with fuel and watching a motorcycle catch fire.

Great people, great place, great food, excellent day.

A big thank you goes out to Ryan for his bike washing services. You just left a little too early, my friend. The squid-gear SD-R test rides happened around 5 or so.....of course it was only Wayne and Bill that scooted up and down the street on it.

I just glad we were at least 20 feet away from the burning bike. Any closer and we'd have gone up like like roman candles. :lol2:

Which bike caught fire??? Must have happened after I left.

I just glad we were at least 20 feet away from the burning bike. Any closer and we'd have gone up like like roman candles. :lol2:

Got home, showered, and went to get some tasty Mexican food. I still frickin' reek of fuel. I'm just glad we sorted it out. The sad part is I still wasn't listening to Jeff:doh: .....it just took me that long to figure out that we needed to pull those plugs. We really need to keep him around for these things and listen to him when he first suggests stuff.

While I didn't do much but supervise and heckle people, I had a blast. Thank you Mike and Beth for hosting the Tech Day. I should have brought Daisy and had her carbs cleaned out, but I was under the impression that John and I were going to go check out the drag races, so I had my saddlebags packed w/ tennis shoes, but we were having too much fun to leave.

Maybe next time we do it there won't be a bike that catches on fire! :lol2:

Great event, Mike and Beth. Thank you.

No harm done to Prince Pyro :angryfire , son of Vulcan, Roman god of fire. At least we know he runs.

It isn't every day that one has the opportunity to haul a flaming tank of gasoline out of the garage and heave it across the yard. :loco: How long will it take for the hair on my arms to grow back?

Soozy took a bunch of pictures with my camera but they are all sideways. She'll have to fix them.

Hannah and Mike working on Pyro:

IMG_0181.jpg

Be watchful for blue moons and freezing condemned places. T-dub actually broke:

IMG_0182.jpg

Yup, the ground wire pulled off the turn signal socket. All better now. For those that have asked about adapting the Clarke XT350 tank to a TW200, here is the bracket that needs to be made.

IMG_0179.jpg

Cut the female-threaded pipe that the rear mount of the stock tank fits over flush with the plate underneath. Drill and countersink a hole, then fasten the bracket down with a 6 x 1 metric countersink screw. Drill and tap a hole in the other end of the bracket for a 6 x 1 bolt to hold the rubber mount that comes with the tank in place.

Here is a picture of several layers of 3M outdoor doublestick tape used to hold the tank off the triple tree:

IMG_0204.jpg

Mike, Beth, thank you a million for letting us into your home and garage for the day. Both of you really, REALLY know how to make someone feel welcome. Mike, I too have garage envy. I gotta get me one of those.

I am just now (11:20PM) getting into the house and settling down. After the tech day we went into Burleyville to meet up with Brandy for some dinner, then headed home.

After unloading Squeaker's bike and starting to work on it I realized that most if not all of my oil storage space was full of old oil. So we ran to Auto Zone and dumped off 9 gallons of used oil then headed back home. Squeaker is still out in the garage as we speak finishing up the last little bits on her bike, getting it ready for the track day tomorrow.

John, thanks for the ride buddy. That thing is truly a hoot to ride. I can see why you love it so much.

From the photos... I went to the wrong house.

What time did the group break up?

I know I am new to Texas... but Rendon & Burleson are two different cities!? I went to an address in Burleson... was I even close???

A clue someone???

From the photos... I went to the wrong house.

What time did the group break up?

I know I am new to Texas... but Rendon & Burleson are two different cities!? I went to an address in Burleson... was I even close???

A clue someone???

So what happened at the other place? :ponder: :-P

Back