• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tech Day in Rendon 6/7/08 (DFW area)

John, thanks for the ride buddy. That thing is truly a hoot to ride. I can see why you love it so much.

Anytime, Bill. Maybe you can actually go around a turn or two on it next time. Same goes for Wayne.

Try erasing everything except the url: http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008051501.swf
and then surrounding it with [flash ] [/flash ] tags (no spaces).

Viola!!

It's wonderful to know that such an intoxicating sound is preserved for all time on the internets. :lol2:

I see the box for the embedded video but nothing plays and it's just a black screen. I tried going to Scott's link and got nothing there also.

Last edited:
I see the box for the embedded video but nothing plays and it's just a black screen. I tried going to Scott's link and got nothing there also.

Yeah....all I get from the embed is a black screen also.

Which link did you click on Squidward? If you click on the small link above the long one, it should take you to the video.

Hmmm, perhaps the flash tags only work with youtube vids. In fact, now that I think about it, I almost positive that's the case. You might hit Scott up to see if there is a way to make the tag with Smuggy.

donroger1 said:
Fixed it for ya...............
(This may be the only record of who it belongs to................)

Thanks for catching that Don. I was picturing the right face, I just put the wrong name with it.

Yeah....all I get from the embed is a black screen also.

Which link did you click on Squidward? If you click on the small link above the long one, it should take you to the video.

It's got to be something on my end. It works on Kim's pc but not on mine.

I see you caught me doing what I do best in that video.....I believe it was a donut.

A few random shots:

The wizard at work. :sun:
309513807_kkdBP-M.jpg

Officer Scott. :rider:
309514001_n8ghc-M.jpg

This shot was posed. No real wrenching going on. :lol2:
309514141_78wck-M.jpg

My next bike. I don't mean this specific bike. Just one like it. :zen:
309514320_yHKym-M.jpg

Ryan's version of a Bikini Bike Wash. :clap:
309514534_VGGkS-M.jpg

I KNEW that Burgman's had an engine in there somewhere! ;-)
309514655_xsaLN-M.jpg

Hmmm. Four mechanics....one screw. That's about right. :mrgreen:
309514795_S6D9J-M.jpg

Here are a few of the shots I took.

Scott's Fashion Statement
Scottfashionstatement.jpg

Think we can save her, DOc?
Thinkwecansaveher.jpg

A few bikes in the drive
Afewbikes.jpg

The Basket Case
Thebasketcase.jpg

. . . and the Basket
Thebaskets.jpg

Yep, it's an FJR
YepitsanFJR.jpg

Wayne Wrenching (he did a lot of this)
WayneWrenching.jpg

Crumpet
Crumpet.jpg

Super Duke
SuperDuke.jpg

Chuck - Strom Consultant
Chuck-StromConsultant.jpg

How many wheels?
BurgmanConversion.jpg

VoyagerRider's Ride
Voyager.jpg

Some mo...

A pair of V-Strom 1000s. DFW_Warrior's is on the left. Freddie (EagleRider) works on his on the right.
vstroms_4952q.jpg

Dan (RedPill) walks in front of the lift while work is underway.
d70_4953q.jpg

Hannah, Soozy, and Bill stare at Hannah's bike
working_4954q.jpg

Mike looks at the ailing ZRX
d70_4955q.jpg

Freddie's V-Strom with the instrument cluster removed
vstrom_4956q.jpg

Euro-Trash! :eek2: Hide the women and children! :-P

Jeff (bung), John (Squidward), and Kim (wonder91178) make an appearance
jeff_john_kim_4957q.jpg

Of course, I had to see Kim's Bonneville
kim_4959q.jpg

Mike, Marty, and Ron inspect Ron's Concours before taking it around back for surgery
concours_4960q.jpg

John shows off the new KTM while Ron looks on
john_4961q.jpg

Ram (ram.subram) brought his R6 to check the chain tension
ram_4962q.jpg

Freddie scowls at having his picture taken. He's working!
freddie_4963q.jpg

Wow! Burgmans (Burgmen?) require a lot of fluids! ;-) Chris (sharkey) works on his.
burgman_4964q.jpg

And there was another white B-man out front. Bert has a Voyager package on his
bikes_4938q.jpg

Hannah's bike on the lift
d70_4965q.jpg

Michelle (fjrchik) tests the location of her foot pegs that were just adjusted & tightened
d70_4966q.jpg

What are these three conspiring to do? Ed (ed29), Scott (STScott), and Bill (Graubart)
ed_scott_bill_4967q.jpg

Jeff (bung) 'splains something while Kelly (FWRex) and Kim (wonder91178) listen. Think he is showing how carburetors work?
jeff_kelly_kim_4968q.jpg

Gathering around the old Vulcan. Rebecca (Squeaky) glances at the seatless TW200, Ken (KenH) and Hannah look in. Ryan admires his own machine...
working_4969q.jpg

working_4971q.jpg

Something has Elsi (TexasShadow) tickled as Marty (voyagerrider) checks his water level. Chris (sharkey) checks with his broker about buying gas on the way home
elzi_marty_chris_4972q.jpg

Watching the fun - Marty on the left, Chris sitting, Scott (not sure of his screen name), and I didn't meet the guy on the right
d70_4973q.jpg

The hostess, Beth, checking the grill. There was plenty of good stuff to eat
beth_4975q.jpg

There were lots of blue bikes in Rendon
bikes_4976q.jpg

Brad (jbh) is one of those FJR types
brad_4977q.jpg

Last edited:
Bill if you'll Pm me with an address, my bike has only gone from the shop to the front of the house in about 4 days. It's itching to go somewhere.

Mike

Actually the black chair is also mine so I don't know if you'd really want to haul that around as well. But the good news is that I need to head down towards your neck of the woods in the next couple of days anyway so I may just see if I can pick them up from you then.

'Elzi's the name, Black Booty is my game. :mrgreen:
Even though I didn't participate, it was a very grand tech day with a great turnout. Glad I missed the fire.........

A bunch of folks came to help and socialize and not have their bikes worked on. Mike seeded the circular drive out front with his Yamaha Seca. And this happened:
bikes_4937q.jpg

which led to this
bikes_4958q.jpg

and later this
bikes_4989q.jpg

and if you are not careful, this
rebeccas_rig_4988q.jpg

(that's Rebecca's 'Strom almost ready for a track day)

...meanwhile, back in the garage, Ken (KenH) and Soozy (Soozy) have dessert
dessert_4990q.jpg

and the Rex workers take desperate measures :eek2:
rex_work_4991q.jpg

How many ways can they elevate the gas tank?
d70_4993q.jpg

Soozy (Soozy) and Rebecca (Squeaky) in top form
soozy_rebecca_4995q.jpg

The puzzling ZRX stumps Wayne (pacman1), John (Squidward), and Bill (DFW_Warrior)
wayne_john_bill_4996q.jpg

Right next door, Don (donroger1) helps hold the carb synchronizer for Ron's Concours (Don used to have one, too)
d70_4997q.jpg

More help for the Rex: Ed (ed29), Wayne, John, Kim, Jeff
zrex_work_5004q.jpg

I think Jeff is about to say "remember what I said 4 HOURS ago?" :-P

Deciding what else to put the gas tank on
zrx_5007q.jpg

Jeff makes his point and gets Bill's attention. John's hands are stuck... ;-)
kim_jeff_jon_bill_5008q.jpg

No pictures of the "Eureka" when the Rex was fixed or Wayne frantically asking to borrow a helmet & calling Ms. Pacman for his helmet, and jacket, and boots, and gloves, and the gloves... :lol2:

No pictures of the Vulcan sputtering to life momentarily and putting a grin on Hannah's face - until the little fire incident... :eek2:

But some progress on this beast:
vulcan_5010q.jpg

Looks like more parts of the two carburetors to clean plus both the front and rear brake switches (for the brake light) to replace. But lots of promise.

I didn't get a picture of everyone leaving but I got most of the ones that were in the garage area. Now, you do need to watch out when the Euro-bikes get going! :eek2:

Michelle (fjrchik) on her, well, um, FJR...
michelle_4979q.jpg

Ryan (L8RG8R) on his Aprilia
ryan_4980q.jpg

Another FJR, this is Brad (jbh)
brad_4981q.jpg

Bill (Graubart) with the new GPS running (and routing him thru Albuquerque) on V-Strom power
bill_4982q.jpg

I sure hope he turns right... :lol2:
bill_4983q.jpg

Ram (ram.subram) on his R6
ram_4984q.jpg

Scott (STScott), still needs some parts to come in to fix his Pie Run damage
scott_4985q.jpg

Chris (sharkey) off on his Burgman
chris_4986q.jpg

And Scott (?) takes off after him
chris_scott_4987q.jpg

Freddie (EagleRider) and his V-Strom
freddie_4998q.jpg

Shannon and Brent get ready to go (don't know their screen names)
brent_shannon_4999q.jpg

They're off!
brent_shannon_5002q.jpg

Kelly (FWRex) on his ZRX
kelly_5003q.jpg

Marty (voyagerrider) prepares to, um, ride his Voyager :shrug:
marty_5005q.jpg

No pictures of hooligans in shorts and flip-flops roaring up and down the street on bikes that were not their own. ;-)

I too want to thank Mike and Beth. Your place looks a lot better than 6 years ago. I am very glad that I did not have to discharge the fire extinguisher.

From what I have read, the possessed Kawasaki was running by the end of the day....Yea...

It was a great group of people and I really enjoyed being around all of you, Thanks for allowing me to participate.

Ron

Welcome to the site Ron :wave:

I can't believe how much fun that was. We really need to do that again.

Sorry for the big disappointment with no bikini. I'll be sure and bring it next time. :) It's PINK! :lol2:

Mike! I had a great time!! A million thanks to both you and your wife. I can't believe I missed the fireworks! :eek2:

Did the sandpaper bushing work on Michelle's GPS mount?

Did the sandpaper bushing work on Michelle's GPS mount?

You know? I'm not sure. I was assisting Eaglerider with his flush mounts when Michelle and someone else put the mount back on. I'm not sure if they ended up using the sandpaper or not. :shrug:

Just a quick note to thank Mike and Beth for your hospitality. It was the first event I have attended and I was really impressed with actual amount of work that seemed to get done. It wasnt one of those events where its an excuse for everyone to come together to just socialize and eat/drink. While I didnt have maintenance items to resolve I appreciate just getting to watch and learn.....and thanks for making me feel welcome as the lone Harley guy.

Thanks again Mike, the garage setup was 1st class and the hot dogs and brats hit the spot.

Back