• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Teiz Motorsports - Riding Suits & Custom Gear

Hey Ghazi: Are the new liners compatible with the "old style" Mojave I purchased a couple of months ago?

By the way, I'm 5'6" 156lbs size 40 Short, and the size Small Mojave works well. It is a little too long, like maybe +/-1 inch overall, but fits well enough in riding position. There is plenty of waist/chest room, but I haven't tried layering beyond jeans and t-shirt. Now I'm considering layering some chest & hip protection for dual sporting. /Lee

Well..

I just got some storage space in my apartment building and got all the closeout inventory shipped here. So I am going to turn the storage into an informal showroom where you can come by and pick up some gear at ridiculous prices. You will also get a chance to check out some of our newer gear!

I am leaving for a Mexico trip this weekend for about 2 weeks. You guys are welcome to visit after that. Will post details upon return.

thanks

Very interested to see some of the Teiz gear here in DFW! I sold my poor-fitting Roadcrafter recently and want a replacement.

Transient, you are welcome to drop by once i return from Mexico...

Dave- that is a million dollar question. Ability to suffer extreme (hot or cold) weather is a very personal thing and every body that their own threshold. These 100+ temps are really killing me here.For the most part, i have been riding with our leather-mesh jackets (Saratoga, Tioga) with riding jeans. They are ok when the temps are at around 95. More than that and the air is too hot to allow it to touch me and i switch for a solid jacket (Vintage)... Either way, i dont care what you are wearing, its bloody hot. After a certain temperature vents/perforations become a negative.

My solution is an active cooling system that pumps cold water inside the jacket. I am working on my own system right now and will be introducing it after testing and experimentation. Current systems in the market need some changes to be more motorcycle friendly.

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing that.

I have to say, it's nice to have somebody in the motorcycle gear business living down here where it's hot from June to October. I read reviews of stuff on NewEnough and just kind of laugh when they say something is good for hot weather riding. There's a big difference between the 95 most of the country thinks is hot and the 105-110 that we think is hot. :)

2piece prototype pictures:

jacket1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

jacket3.jpg

New 2 piece specs preview:

Style: Navigator
Available: August

Shell: Cordura + SuperFabric
Armor: Sas-Tec knee, hip, elbow, shoulder and Level 2 back protector

What are the color options going to be?

Not crazy about the looks of the "air flaps" on the jacket. I'll have to see if that will grow on me.

I like the length of the jacket

Air vents on the pants still look a little goofy to me, but doesn't bother me as much as the jacket.

Looking forward to seeing more details in the future.

Just saw this thread.

Nice.

Do you have any comparisons to Aerostich's stuff? I love my 2-piece, zipped-together RoadCrafter, but it's a bit dirty (and uncleanable, appearance-wise, anyway) and getting a bit ratty after 7-8 years.

Note that I've ridden using that suit in temps from 30-105 degrees. When it's Crazy Hot, I've found that the solid suit does a better job of reflecting heat away than a mesh jacket + jeans combo, as you noted similarly, earlier.

Best of luck with your business. Sounds very promising.

What are the color options going to be?

Not crazy about the looks of the "air flaps" on the jacket. I'll have to see if that will grow on me.

I like the length of the jacket

Air vents on the pants still look a little goofy to me, but doesn't bother me as much as the jacket.

Looking forward to seeing more details in the future.

the flaps flow more than standards so thats the main reason behind the design.

there will a few color options. the one shown is the three-tone option. other options will be two-tone.

Just saw this thread.

Nice.

Do you have any comparisons to Aerostich's stuff? I love my 2-piece, zipped-together RoadCrafter, but it's a bit dirty (and uncleanable, appearance-wise, anyway) and getting a bit ratty after 7-8 years.

Note that I've ridden using that suit in temps from 30-105 degrees. When it's Crazy Hot, I've found that the solid suit does a better job of reflecting heat away than a mesh jacket + jeans combo, as you noted similarly, earlier.

Best of luck with your business. Sounds very promising.

please check this forum for all kinds of feedback:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433219&page=163

On a very basic level, compared to the aerostich, this offering is a a lot more versatile (easier to adapt to various weather conditions and riding styles) plus a lot of upgraded materials including the Sas-Tec armor and SuperFabric ballistics. We can discuss in detail over the phone, please give us a call at 888-808-8349.

Thanks

the flaps flow more than standards so thats the main reason behind the design.
Ghazi, have you test ridden this design? I'm curious as to whether or not the flaps "flap" in the wind? I was thinking that perhaps two snaps would be needed (one on each corner) to keep it more stable.

Ghazi, have you test ridden this design? I'm curious as to whether or not the flaps "flap" in the wind? I was thinking that perhaps two snaps would be needed (one on each corner) to keep it more stable.

there will be a snap for when the flap is open.

Back