• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tenere 700

This guy is a decent rider and has some great insight into the Yammy.

I'm wondering how the Yammy will compare.

I think the T7 will be the less expensive alternative. I have seen two 790s in person and they look small and should be really good in the dirt and has more options than the T7.

Bike was mostly stock from what I read.

"Javi Echevarría, co-producer of the film, told us that the only thing they did was change the stock tires to Mitas knobbies, while the Tenere’s suspension was prepared by Erik Augé, with more oil in the fork for a stiffer, more stunt-proof ride."

So this happened today: Out for a nice ride on some FM roads, making a loop of 60 miles. Front end started to wobble, of course worse with some front brake application. The tire went from aired up to all the way flat in about 50 yards with a serious wobble at the end as I got it shut down. So, I'm 15 miles from home with no help available at home and I didn't want to leave the T700 on side of the road anyway. I scooted back on the seat and went 15 to 20 mph back home. Took me over an hour with breaks to let it cool down. I'm sure that the tire and tube were cooked when it went flat, certainly was when I got home.
Now I need a new tire and tube. Came with Pirelli Scorpion Rallys. Trashed the front at 1200 miles. Suggestions on replacement ? Stay with stock or try something else? I ride 50 % on pavement, 40% on gravel roads, 10% on trails.
Does anyone make a tubeless wheel for the T700?

Attachments

• 20210829_143146.jpg
    20210829_143146.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 99
I put a Motoz GPS on the rear of mine today and have a Shinko 804 to install on the front. Watched a lot of YouTube and read a lot of reviews and decided that combo might be smart, we'll see. I wanted something that actually could be ridden if a bit of mud was involved, the stock tires have small space between the tread blocks and pack immediately.

I put a Motoz GPS on the rear of mine today and have a Shinko 804 to install on the front. Watched a lot of YouTube and read a lot of reviews and decided that combo might be smart, we'll see. I wanted something that actually could be ridden if a bit of mud was involved, the stock tires have small space between the tread blocks and pack immediately.

I've used the Motoz GPS rear with a TKC80 front on my Africa Twin. I have a GPS front I'm going to try next. Your combo should work good, though I've not tried the 804 personally.

I've ridden the new Triumph 900 Tiger for a 350 miler day. Wonder if the Tenere 700 is a good all day rider bike?

I've ridden the new Triumph 900 Tiger for a 350 miler day. Wonder if the Tenere 700 is a good all day rider bike?

From the other T700 thread where guys who own them are sharing there experience with the bike and any modifications they are making.
Random update no one asked for:

I spent a couple months running weekends in the WV/PA appalachian mountains, that really is the bike's sweet spot. On my way back to Austin, I stayed with a friend in Lexington and saw that it was almost exactly 1,000 miles away.
View attachment 301135

I went for it and made it in around 9:30pm, numbers are spot on. Stock seat is being thrown out as soon as possible

Now I need a new tire and tube. Came with Pirelli Scorpion Rallys. Trashed the front at 1200 miles. Suggestions on replacement ? Stay with stock or try something else? I ride 50 % on pavement, 40% on gravel roads, 10% on trails.
I'd stay w/ stock w/ those % .
if more trails & gravels & soft dirt, 60%.... I'd go w/ some type of block tires, like a tkc80, shinko 804, or motoz

Does anyone make a tubeless wheel for the T700?
Alpina makes them for T7

Back