• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tenere Re-Flash... who did you use?

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Moyer
Hey there folks...

After riding MadDaddy's re-flashed Tenere, I'm convinced that I need to do it.

I have a 2013 and am looking to send it off fairly soon, and would like to know who you folks used, and your experience with them.

2013 and prior results are preferred since things changed a bit in 2014, but I'm still open to hearing your results.

Let me know who you recommend for the flash.

Thanks folks!

Bob

Anthony (avc8130) on the Tenere board. My only regret is that I waited a year to have it done.

He took out the restriction in the 1st three gears, improved throttle response and took out a lot of the engine braking.
Extremely fast turnaround. He received the ecu, flashed it, and put it in return mail all in the same day.

I'll be at Stromathon if you want to ride before you buy.

avc8130 same as Liteitup. I also knew I would eventually do it so I did my 2013 within first month of ownership to avoid future regrets for delaying it. Anthony's flash totally transforms the bike. I did mine at 1,500 miles; now at 128,000 miles and zero issues or regrets.

I let JMZ ride my bike to compare to his non flashed 2012 bike. Well he didn't get a good ride because he swears my clutch was slipping. Haha he said it rev'ed up too quick so had to be slipping. That is the take away from his comparison, so drastically different you can't believe it. And no my clutch doesn't slip.

Thanks for the input guys...

Sounds like it's a resounding vote for Anthony (avc8130).

I've already been in email communication with him, and am sending my unit up to him this week.

Thanks for the help folks!

Thanks for the input guys...

Sounds like it's a resounding vote for Anthony (avc8130).

I've already been in email communication with him, and am sending my unit up to him this week.

Thanks for the help folks!
Dumb question. Can you, or he, keep the factory file in case things dont go so well?

Dumb question. Can you, or he, keep the factory file in case things dont go so well?
Not dumb at all...

Researching this... and after reading the extensive thread that was posted above... I will say this:

1. He's been flashing the Tenere since 2013 with nearly 100% positive results
  2. He can, and will return it to stock for you if you'd like.

Not dumb at all...

Researching this... and after reading the extensive thread that was posted above... I will say this:

1. He's been flashing the Tenere since 2013 with nearly 100% positive results
  2. He can, and will return it to stock for you if you'd like.
A little insurance is always good. I do updates on fitness equipment and some times it causes issues unforseen by the engineers.

I have never left any of my vehicles alone when it comes to performance but after riding silverbullets bike I believe I will keep mine like it is. Plus I could never get a response from the avc8130 .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have never left any of my vehicles alone when it comes to performance but after riding silverbullets bike I believe I will keep mine like it is. Plus I could never get a response from the avc8130 .
Ouch... sorry to hear that.

He responded within 5 minutes to my PM and immediately after my first email.

Yes but 80% of the change is in gears 1 thru 3 which you didn't fully exercise. But in stock sport mode bike was still a great ride, just not arm jerking exciting.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I have a 2016 and used AVC8130 and have had no issues with it at all, highly recommended, quick turn around times and great pricing.

Gary

Yes but 80% of the change is in gears 1 thru 3 which you didn't fully exercise. But in stock sport mode bike was still a great ride, just not arm jerking exciting.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
I'm happy the way mine is. Really don't need anymore power. I like the fact that it is smooth compared to my Strom that even had the reworked clutch basket

Back