• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Terrell Texas - Yellow Rose Cafe

Teeds

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Eeds
If you are looking for a good place to stop and eat breakfast east of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metromess do not hesitate to stop at the Yellow Rose Café in Terrell, Texas.

Situated on the western edge of downtown Terrell on old US 80, the Yellow Rose is a definite throwback to the past.

343141015_R8J2K-M.jpg

I questioned what the quality would be when I first walked in and spied the breakfast buffet from across the room, but my nose quickly noted the quality of the product. The fact that most tables were occupied also hinted that we were in for a treat.

The selections on the buffet are quite varied and a custom omelet is included in the price of breakfast.

You stand and watch the cook pull together your omelet, tossing in all the ingredients as he goes. The choices of additives varies from mild to wild, so there is plenty of choice for every taste bud.

The service is absolutely the best and friendliest that I have experienced in a very long time. Everyone from the bussing staff to the owner made sure we were taken care of.

In the immortal words of William Least Heat Moon this is a four calendar restaurant.

Enjoy!

343139423_WfdQS-M.jpg

Hey Teeds, thanks for posting this.
The Wife and I rode over Sunday Morning and the food was very good.:rider:
Like you said the Owner was very pleasant and acted like he was glad that we came to his place to eat.
A very good experience and will go back!:eat:

I'm glad you enjoyed the Yellow Rose.

I'll be making a stop there on my way back and forth to Barnwell Mountain now that I have discovered them.

There are some great shoops in downtown as well.

We made the trip a few weeks ago only to learn that they close @ 2 on Sunday.
We went down to the Cajun place Phat Frogs or something.
They served excellent Cajun Food though the price was kind of high.

This "Eateries & Hangouts" sub forum may be one of my favorites. I am glad that I finally discovered it.

Back