• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Test Ride a Beta in Texas

Wow what a great event. They had 17 different demo bikes. Ride to your hearts content. I ended up riding 14 different bikes and one of them twice. Solid 3 hours of riding without downtime. Feeling a little sore already. I was especially impressed with the 480 RR Race edition. Nice varied and interesting ride course laid out at McMahan Ranch. Me and George both won nice hats for being the oldest there.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I ended up riding 14 different bikes and one of them twice.

I'm gonna guess it was a trials bike.

Thought hard about going but didn't because I didn't want to get tempted to buy one. Emma has a number of trials and dirt riders who make their Betas look quality...

Great event ... they did a stand up job! Bikes were amazing. The race editions were my favorites.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    450.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    460 KB · Views: 209
I'm gonna guess it was a trials bike.

Thought hard about going but didn't because I didn't want to get tempted to buy one. Emma has a number of trials and dirt riders who make their Betas look quality...
No it wasn't. I didn't even ride a trials bike. Doing circles in an open flat grass field was pointless IMO. Now if they would have thrown down some tires, logs and other obstacles I would have been all over it.

Great event ... they did a stand up job! Bikes were amazing. The race editions were my favorites.
sandman I forgot others from TWT besides myself and Irishcoffee were planning to be there. I stayed busy riding so didn't spend much time talking to others. I reviewed thread and now see motoloco was scheduled to be there also. Don't think I've met either of you but maybe I did yesterday without knowing it.

Still sore! The Beta team, Ronnie Jones(Hstn dealer) and George McMahan put on a very professional, fun day. I rode seven models, all RE, and was very impressed. Much more than expected, every single bike I rode was exceptional. As the Bullet man said there was little talk time. Everyone was riding constantly and grabbing bikes as soon as they came in. The Beta guys were the support team/mechanics for the East coast Factory race team, very knowledgeable, friendly and full of info. Three hours of almost constant riding that flew by. And winning my class was awesome too!!! ;-)

This confirms everything I have heard about the current Beta's. I hate that I missed this but prior commitment with family prevented. I won't be in the new bike market for awhile so not a big deal, but man I could have dreamed...

Back