• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texaritas - Bandera, TX

V

vtex

Mom always said if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I sometimes try to live by that, but in the interest of sparing others my pain, let me say, AVOID TEXARITAS IN BANDERA LIKE THE ALMIGHTY PLAGUE.

A friend and I rode up from the RGV do the Hill Country over the weekend of the 11th. We stayed over at the River Oak Inn in Bandera and found the accomodations very much to our liking. However, after our Saturday ride we decided to walk down 16 to try another restaurant. The service was bad and the food was terrible. The queso for the chips turned out to be some sort of cold congealed rubberized cheese-like substance. The Mexican rice was hardened into small, tepid golfball sized lumps; the chicken in the enchiladas was badly overdone and cold, and the refried beans had apparently just been taken out of the fridge.

As my buddy and I picked at the food, a manager looking person came to the table and asked how the meal was. I told her it was rather unappetizing for the reasons I noted above. She responded, “Oh, I’m very sorry,” and then disappeared. No offer to make it right, no offer to heat up the beans. Nothing. :shock:

Stick with BG’s or whatever, but I’d avoid Texaritas.

Back