• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Texas Adventure Ride: Cancelled due to weather

Re: Texas Adventure Ride: May 3-6, 2018

hey JT, thank you for all the efforts and work to put this event together.
Sorry it had to be cancelled, there is always next time.
not deed for refund Thank you, please use it accordingly.

JT

Forum Supporter

Trailboss just told me that he called the Best Western and the Rodeway and cancelled all reservations for the rally group. If you want to call yourself to confirm the cancellation, feel free to do so. Rich decided to do this to make sure that the cancellations were early enough to avoid issues. If you want to go to Junction anyway, there should be plenty of rooms available now.

Too bad JT etal... I hadn't registered, but was spooning on a new rear tire this morning and was going to contact you & Rich that I was coming. Ohhh well. Regarding Arkansas it looks bad for rain / mud this weekend as well. Maybe see some of you in Mexico in June.

Rich has told me that he will mail the hats out to everyone that has pre-paid and refund the registration cost minus the cost of the hat. He needs everyone to email him their mailing addresses, please send email to rgibbens@austin.rr.com.

JT

Riders,

I ordered shipping supplies today and expect to begin mailing the caps in about 10 days. Please email your name and address to me to ensure you get your cap.

No worries....I emailed you my address...please keep the refund money....thanks for all the work you put into it....

Note to self. Check the forum before leaving for an event my son and I did have a nice 210 mile ride to Junction and back home tonight. Maybe next time. Thanks to the organizers for making a great effort. Hopefully we can do it soon.

StromXTc

Forum Supporter
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVTHbawbP-z-dAu1Lq_HuXkhp2OIO2bbErAq3aJZI2VGwlZek.jpg

It's not nice to fool with mother nature. Ktsa says this morning that line may contain 60 mph winds and hail.
And just like that, will all pass and tomorrow, beautiful day.

Riders,

Today I mailed the caps to all the registered riders who have emailed their name and address to me. I expect the caps will arrive in your mailbox sometime late next week.

If you have sent me your name and address and you don't receive your cap by May 25th, please let me know.

I don't have addresses for 14 registered riders - if this applies to you, please email your name and address to me so I can get your cap to you.

I expect to start issuing refunds next week (I'm waiting on a fund transfer to paypal to process).

TGTUMBLEWEED

Forum Supporter
Got mine, thanks
Riders,

Today I mailed the caps to all the registered riders who have emailed their name and address to me. I expect the caps will arrive in your mailbox sometime late next week.

If you have sent me your name and address and you don't receive your cap by May 25th, please let me know.

I don't have addresses for 14 registered riders - if this applies to you, please email your name and address to me so I can get your cap to you.

I expect to start issuing refunds next week (I'm waiting on a fund transfer to paypal to process).
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Riders,

I have issued paypal refunds to everyone who paid via paypal. If you do not receive your paypal refund in the next 24 hours, please let me know so I can resolve the issue.

The next scheduled events are MexTrek #7 in June, the Hill Country 500 in Sept, and MexTrek #8 in Oct. I tend not to schedule anything during the summer in Texas due to the heat.

We aren't planning on rescheduling TAR. The Hill Country 500, Sep 15-17, is similar to TAR and will be a ton of fun.