• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Texas Adventure Ride: Cancelled due to weather

Re: Texas Adventure Ride: May 3-6, 2018

Room reserved. Won't be there until early Friday morning.

Trail boss , would you pm me?

We'll be riding from Austin out to Junction for the rally. What's the recommended most scenic/twisty/backroads (slab or dirt) route to take from Austin to Junction?

I'll probably ride out from Austin on the AT via this route.

Attachments

• AustinToJunction.gpx
    199.8 KB · Views: 463
  • AustinToJunction.jpg
    AustinToJunction.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 411

I'd love to be there, but I'm in New Mexico the weekend before, so its iffy. I'll make the decision that week. I would be getting in on Friday night, bike of choice to be decided in the moment. Camping at South Llano, most likely.

OK, so I'm debating on what bike to take. So it would help if I knew what everyone else is riding, so give it up folks... what are you ride'n?

I’m riding my Suzuki DR-Z440W. Got it back from Erik Marquez 2 weeks ago. I’m trailering it out to the Big Bend gathering this week.

I'm really glad to see this getting fired up again. Unfortunately I'll be in Phoenix for my wife's youngest sister's wedding.

Certainly your choice. I'd go with the Twin if you can get her ready in time.

OK, so I'm debating on what bike to take. So it would help if I knew what everyone else is riding, so give it up folks... what are you ride'n?

Every conceivable dual sport adventure bike will be represented. KLRs, DRZs, XR650Ls, 690s, DR650s, BMW800 and 1200GS, Super Tenere, Triumph Tigers, etc - they will all be there.

In the past KLRs have been the single most common model. The big adventure bikes are usually the biggest class. Old Japanese dual sports (DR, XRL, DRZ) are always popular and well represented. KTM/Husqvarna bikes are showing up in increasing numbers every year.

The routes are big bike friendly.

There will be a lot of pavement (unavoidable in the hill country) so it's best to have a bike that is comfortable riding highway speeds (70 mph).

Last edited:

tumblr_omhfn8abAi1rw5buao1_500.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_omhfn8abAi1rw5buao1_500.gif
    tumblr_omhfn8abAi1rw5buao1_500.gif
    996.6 KB · Views: 343

I intend to ride my AT. A friend is riding his f800gs. Both of us are new to bikes larger than 450cc (for off road) It should be an Adventure for sure...

I’ll be on the AT as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll be on the AT as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m in !!!
Just made my reservation at the Best Western, spoke to Kathy, was very nice and helpful.
Will send a check for the $50.00 Fees
I’ll be ridding the KLR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry ropeburn
My info went in to the wrong space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back