• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Ride - special edition, Nov 6-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were going to do the same thing. Stay up late, wake up late and enjoy a leisurely breakfast then head home. But noooooooooo...

I don’t know what Holiday Inn you’re staying at, but the one in Junction is much more expensive than the rate Richard got for us. Maybe if you call the BW directly and say you are with the TARA group they’ll give you the $84/night rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the H.I. at 304 Dos Rios Dr. Is that not the one next door? I was told they decided to give the group a rate since there was so many interested. They had two Queen size for $99/night with $26 in tax, so should be $224 all said and done. I called the B.W. listed in the first post initially and told them I was with motorcycle adventure ride group. They told me they only had a king size bed room at $190+/night. That's when I decided to check around.

It's the H.I. at 304 Dos Rios Dr. Is that not the one next door? I was told they decided to give the group a rate since there was so many interested. They had two Queen size for $99/night with $26 in tax, so should be $224 all said and done. I called the B.W. listed in the first post initially and told them I was with motorcycle adventure ride group. They told me they only had a king size bed room at $190+/night. That's when I decided to check around.

I don’t know what to tell you, except that they may have booked all the rooms in the room block. People have been canceling, but you’d only save a few bucks by getting the TARA rate anyway. This is our rate, with tax for a king room. Maybe they were quoting you the Presidential Suite. [emoji6]
fd323cf4cf505c21f0b5f03bb5fda01b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was like I'll only need this gear, nope getting my cool weather gear ready as well.

I'm borrowing a 690 for the ride. Tempted to just bring my exc-f but can't pass up riding a 690 that I hear so many great reviews about.
Rode it a bit last night , not sold on it. Going to give it a couple of more chances before I make the final loading decision.
20201101_221407.jpg

I will not be able to attend the event per day, but will be at Alex’s suspension clinic and a beer afterwards. Have three tires to mount and two front wheels to replace.

Weather forecast looks great. Just sent my fee to you @Trail Boss via PP. Hoping to ride from ATX Friday mid day. Any group riding from ATX?
I’ll be riding from the RR area, also thought about departing Fri noonish but not yet sure about the exact hr as I work that day. Since I’ll be camping out, I want to make it to Junction before dark.

Hi, I am riding on Friday from NW Austin/Cedar Park area. And don't mind to take a longer route to Junction.

Attachments

• super tenere.jpg
    super tenere.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 208
Well.... As this is starting to get closer I know Tuco put together a group riding from Austin / Bee Caves area and I think I may have hijacked it a bit.

We are meeting at Bee Caves HEB around 1100am KSU 1130am. (I'll likely be there much earlier) Our route to Junction is a ~150 miles that will be doing the willow creek loop, through Fredricksberg then to Junction. This is kind of a smell the roses group. We are not going to do 80+ the whole way to junction. We are going to enjoy the ride.

Any of you are welcome to travel with us, just keep in mind that I'll be leading this convoy and as the names states this could turn into Khunfuzion's World Tour. (If you want to ride with us just PM me or quote me or something so I have a general idea)

Also if you would like the GPX of the route we are taking PM me.

Last edited:
So will it be big bikes in the back:rider:. Hoping I'm not the only one on a 1090 Adventure! I'll be bringing all layers to the riding gear so we shall see. Cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon:dude:

Weather forecast looks great. Just sent my fee to you @Trail Boss via PP. Hoping to ride from ATX Friday mid day. Any group riding from ATX?
Hello Rob, I believe I was riding with you a few weeks ago on the James River loop. I’ve got the 1250GS. I’ll be going alone from Canyon Lake up through Sandy and Willow City. 160 mile trip with all small paved roads and some main gravel roads to Junction mid day on Friday. Thanks, Jeff.

I hurt my left rotator cuff but I am still coming to kick tires and possibly do recoveries if needed. ...and see some of you that i have not seen in a while.

I am still bringing my 1290 but only for cruising close to town. Though I am healing up well, I just don’t want to risk my shoulder on the long rides. I don’t heal as fast as I used to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back