• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Ride - special edition, Nov 6-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can dirt bike do it?or has to be street legal. My coworker has a Old CR500 and wants to join the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can dirt bike do it?or has to be street legal. My coworker has a Old CR500 and wants to join the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Range becomes the issue on the smaller bikes, I'd think.

My Husky has a range of 145-155 miles per tank. Based on the reported distances between gas stops, that's either, "whew, I made it" or "dang, its going to a long push to the gas station from here."

The Best Western Plus Dos Rios in Junction is our hotel headquarters for this year's ride.

I finalized the details with the hotel today. Our group rates are $85 per night for a single or a double. They are holding 20 singles and 20 doubles for us. Do not make a reservation on line. Call the hotel at (325) 446-3700 and tell them you are with the Texas Adventure Riders so you get the group rate.

If the Best Western is full, our overflow is the Holiday Inn next door to the Best Western. Our rates are $90 per night for a single or a double. Call them at (325) 215-4377, let them know you are with the Texas Adventure Riders to get the group rate.

There is also a Rodeway Inn next to the Best Western. I did not negotiate a discount rate with them.

There are several camping options in/around Junction but I have not talked to them or made any types of arrangements. If you are camping, please make your own reservations with the campground of your choice. If you want a group to camp with, pick a campground, call and make the arrangements, then post on this thread that you are organizing a camping group and tell them the camping arrangements you have made with where ever you have decided to stay.

Registered. Name, email, shirt size included in Paypal notes.

putting on my calendar - let me check a few things ...

Got a room and sent Paypal payment.
Thanks for organizing Richard.
If you haven't done this, it is a blast. Richard organizes some fantastic rides.
Don't miss it.

Got a room and sent Paypal payment.
Thanks for organizing Richard.
If you haven't done this, it is a blast. Richard organizes some fantastic rides.
Don't miss it.
Glad you will make it!

Looks to promise a big turn out so far. Wondering if it will be something like this though:

1599059907130.png

Only thing that will keep me from riding is if the bikes broke.

I’m registered now! Looking forward to it.

EDIT: just called the Best Western to make my reservation. They had two more rooms available.

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back