• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Ride - special edition, Nov 6-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can dirt bike do it?or has to be street legal. My coworker has a Old CR500 and wants to join the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohhhhh the memories of my 1985 CR 500. My 1st brand new bike I ever owned. The beginning of the end of my marriage!

Looks to promise a big turn out so far. Wondering if it will be something like this though:

View attachment 272404
LOL

Past experience has taught me:
100 people will pre-register
90 of them will actually show up for the ride
20 more people will late register the day before the event
10 more people will register at the start of the event on Friday night

My room booked too. Also booked Sun night. Just might ride a couple or three of the Sisters and take a long way home on Monday.

LOL

Past experience has taught me:
100 people will pre-register
90 of them will actually show up for the ride
20 more people will late register the day before the event
10 more people will register at the start of the event on Friday night
Yep. I'm usually a week before registration kind of guy. I want to see what the weather looks to be.

November could be awesome or really cold and wet....so I'll wait a bit to commit.

Signed up - and got room at BW
Me and friend (he is still deciding) are riding smaller bikes (Kawasaki KLX250)
Hope to meet up with few folks that are not fast - and like to enjoy scenery

My buddy is also deciding if he is coming. If he does, then I'll be on the 450, he will also be on a KLX250 and we'll be putting along.

If he doesn't go then I'll probably be riding like a madman on my Tiger 900 :D

I’m an “enjoy the scenery” rider. Let’s meet up.

Yep. I'm usually a week before registration kind of guy. I want to see what the weather looks to be.

November could be awesome or really cold and wet....so I'll wait a bit to commit.

I am good with cold and wet.

Reactions: my6

Yep, I get it.

For everyone else, a weather decision will be made on Wednesday, Nov 4th. If we get rained out (chances are low but it has happened a few times over the years) I will be mailing the t-shirts to all who pre-registered and giving a pro-rated refund.

Campsite booked across the river.

I'm bringing a small toy hauler. Haven't looked into sites yet. I'll look "across the river"

Richard, PayPal sent. Trying to break those commitment issues.

Last edited:
Hey Rich, for shirt sizing, are they the same tshirts used for Around the Bend? I love how that fits, I just want to match the size if this is the case.

Hey Rich, for shirt sizing, are they the same tshirts used for Around the Bend? I love how that fits, I just want to match the size if this is the case.
Hi, Monica.

I'm not sure. I will check with Simon, Creative Director for TARA - he's in charge of the t-shirts (he did the t-shirts for Around the Bend).

9157f652c8fe40846911ae5119b59124.jpg

Stayed a couple times before. Nice place with nice showers.

Call to make reservations. I’m hauling and sleeping in my cargo trailer.

Simon has created an excellent design for TAR 2020!

Pre-register and get a free event t-shirt. If you wait and miss pre-registration you will have forever missed out on this very cool shirt.

View attachment 272474

View attachment 272475
That is the only motorcycle rally T-shirt I've seen that I think I'd actually wear. Very nice.

Do the coordinates on the shirt show where it was made?

Oh, I see I got it wrong:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back