• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Ride - special edition, Nov 6-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Riders,

Fall is coming and we need to ride. Normally the Texas Adventure Ride is held in the spring but with the way 2020 has gone so far I'm making an exception. I am hosting a special fall edition of the Texas Adventure Ride Nov 6-8, 2020 in Junction, TX. Go ahead and mark your calendar right now.

Two nights and three days of riding and adventure fellowship in Junction, TX.

Friday evening, Nov 6 - ride or trailer to Junction
- 6 - 8 pm, event check-in, hotel lobby
- 6 pm - Bob Lindner's Mad Scientist tire changing academy, Best Western hotel parking lot
- 6 pm: story telling and tire kicking (bring a lawn chair/folding chair to Junction with you)

Saturday, Nov 7 - ride a 240 mile loop on some of the best dirt in the Texas hill country
- 8 am - rider's meeting, Best Western parking lot
- 8:30 am - 5 pm: ride
- 6 pm: dinner served in the hotel parking lot
- 7 pm: Konflict Motorsports Suspension clinic
- 8 pm: story telling and tire kicking, Best Western parking lot (bring a lawn chair/folding chair to Junction with you)

Sunday, Nov 8 - ride a 200 mile loop of more great dirt
- go home Sunday evening.

Routes: I am providing routes for both Saturday and Sunday. The routes include the very best dirt roads in the hill country. Expect to spend half of your riding time on dirt. The routes are big bike friendly if you have average dirt riding skills (I will be riding my Honda Africa Twin). Whatever you ride will need a 150 mile fuel range just to be safe.

Cost: $60
Registration includes ride attendance, dinner Saturday night, planned routes for both Saturday and Sunday (GPS file will be emailed to you when I receive your registration).
Pre-register and get a free, very cool, custom designed and printed event t-shirt that you will wear with pride for years to come. The opposite sex will admire it and your friends will envy you.

You only get the shirt if you pre-register!

2020090309435700-175723358123017760-IMG_1422-L.jpg

Pre-Registration: $60 Aug 29 - Oct 19
Paypal - send $60 to me via paypal at richgibbens1@gmail.com. Include your full name, email address, and t-shirt size.
Check or money order - make your $60 check payable to Richard Gibbens and mail it to me at 12609 Red Bud Trail, Buda, TX 78610. Include a note with your full name, email address, and t-shirt size.

When I receive your registration I will send you an confirmation email with the gps file attached. If you don't receive a confirmation email from me please contact me and let me know.

If you have commitment issues, you can wait all the way up to Friday evening, 6-8 pm, Nov 6th to register. You will not get the free, very cool, custom designed and printed event t-shirt but you will get everything else included with ride attendance.

Every year there are a few riders who wait to register and then are disappointed when they don't get one of the coveted event t-shirts and all the street-cred that goes along with it. Don't be that guy. Pre-register now or accept that you won't get a shirt.

Cancellation: Life happens. If you pre-register for the event and then have to cancel I will gladly refund all your money if you cancel by Oct 20th. Cancellations after Oct 20 will be pro-rated.

Weather decision: Weather happens. A weather decision will be made Wednesday, Nov 4th. If we cancel due to weather I will mail your event shirt to you and provide a pro-rated refund.

Corona virus: If the government shuts everything down again we will adjust as necessary.

Organization: I am providing routes for both Saturday and Sunday. This is not one giant group ride. Instead, riders will organize themselves into small groups (4-8 riders per group is ideal) and each group will ride the day's route. I recommend that you either a) organize a group before arriving in Junction or b) find a group to join as soon as you arrive Friday evening. If you are new to all this, no worries - at the riders meeting on Saturday morning I will organize ride groups for everyone who needs a group to ride with.

What should you do right now?
1. Schedule time off to attend
2. Register now
3. Call your buddies, tell them to register, and start organizing your team
4. Call the hotel and make your reservations
5. Start getting your bike ready

Hotel: The Best Western Plus Dos Rios is our ride headquarters again this year. Rates for our group are $85 per night for a single or a double. They have 20 singles and 20 doubles - first come first served. Breakfast is included with your room, though be aware that the corona virus has caused the hotel to modify how they serve breakfast. The hotel is providing beer for us on Friday night during check-in. Do not make a reservation on line. Call the hotel at (325) 446-3700 and tell them you are with the Texas Adventure Riders so you get the group rate.

If the Best Western is sold out, the alternate hotel is the Holiday Inn, next door to the Best Western. Our group rates are $90 per night for a singe or a double. Call them to get the group rate - if you book online you will probably pay more.

There is also a Rodeway Inn next to the Best Western but I did not negotiate rates with them.

I have made no camping provisions. If you want to organize a camping group, please take charge and do so. Post the details in this thread.

Dinner Saturday night: I am providing dinner on Saturday night at the Best Western. Still working on the details but more than likely The Isaak Restaurant will be delivering dinner to us.

Event Check-In: 6-8 pm, Friday, Nov 6th, lobby of the Best Western hotel.

Here are photos from the TAR 2019

P5250016-XL.jpg

P5250033-XL.jpg

P5250061-L.jpg

P5250068-L.jpg

P5260118-L.jpg

P5260121-L.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in ! State employee here so registering on the first. This would be great option since MexTrek got cancelled

Checked my calendar and it’s not looking good. [emoji53] Plus who wants to ride the best dirt roads in the Hill Country. What about the crappiest dirt roads? [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

[emoji2323] me! I would actually like to ride the best dirt roads. But I cannot this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested, but gotta check if I've got a vacation day left.

Hope we can ride this. Jampad are you in too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riders,

Fall is coming and we need to ride. Normally the Texas Adventure Ride is held in the spring but with the way 2020 has gone so far I'm making an exception. I am hosting a special fall edition of the Texas Adventure Ride Nov 6-8, 2020 in Junction, TX. Go ahead and mark your calendar right now.

Two nights and three days of riding and adventure fellowship in Junction, TX.

Friday evening, Nov 6 - ride or trailer to Junction
- event check-in 6-8 pm in the hotel lobby

Saturday, Nov 7 - ride a 240 mile loop on some of the best dirt in the Texas hill country
- dinner pizza party (or something like that) in the hotel parking lot
- overnight in Junction

Sunday, Nov 8 - ride a 200 mile loop of more great dirt
- go home Sunday evening.

Routes: I am providing routes for both Saturday and Sunday. The routes include the very best dirt roads in the hill country. Expect to spend half of your riding time on dirt. The routes are big bike friendly if you have average dirt riding skills (I will be riding my Honda Africa Twin). Whatever you ride will need a 150 mile fuel range just to be safe.

Cost: $60
Registration includes ride attendance, dinner Saturday night, planned routes for both Saturday and Sunday (GPS file will be emailed to you when I receive your registration).
Pre-register and get a free event t-shirt.

Pre-Registration: $60 Aug 29 - Oct 19
Paypal - send $60 to me via paypal at richgibbens1@gmail.com. Include your full name, email address, and t-shirt size.
Check or money order - make your $60 check payable to Richard Gibbens and mail it to me at 12609 Red Bud Trail, Buda, TX 78610. Include a note with your full name, email address, and t-shirt size.

When I receive your registration I will send you an confirmation email with the gps file attached. If you don't receive a confirmation email from me please contact me and let me know.

If you have commitment issues, you can wait all the way up to Friday evening, 6-8 pm, Nov 6th to register. You will not receive the free event t-shirt but you will get everything else included with ride attendance.

Cancellation: Life happens. If you pre-register for the event and then have to cancel I will gladly refund all your money if you cancel by Oct 20th. Cancellations after Oct 20 will be pro-rated.

Weather decision: Weather happens. A weather decision will be made Wednesday, Nov 4th. If we cancel due to weather I will mail your event shirt to you and provide a pro-rated refund.

Corona virus: If the government shuts everything down again we will adjust as necessary.

Organization: I am providing routes for both Saturday and Sunday. This is not one giant group ride. Instead, riders will organize themselves into small groups (4-8 riders per group is ideal) and each group will ride the day's route. I recommend that you either a) organize a group before arriving in Junction or b) find a group to join as soon as you arrive Friday evening. If you are new to all this, no worries - at the riders meeting on Saturday morning I will organize ride groups for everyone who needs a group to ride with.

What should you do right now?
1. Schedule time off to attend
2. Register now
3. Call your buddies, tell them to register, and start organizing your team
4. As soon as I post the details, call the hotel and make your reservations
5. Start getting your bike ready

I am still working on the logistics (which hotel we will be in, negotiating the hotel rate, arranging dinner for Saturday night, etc) and will post those details as soon as they are finalized. Once I have the hotel locked-in, you will need to call the event hotel, let them know you are with our group, and they will make a reservation for you at the group rate.

Again, I will post the final details once I have them confirmed - likely within the next week.

Here are photos from the TAR 2019

View attachment 272002

View attachment 272003

View attachment 272004

View attachment 272005

View attachment 272006

View attachment 272007

78B3F07D-0E32-4465-A2EF-A45673150A52.jpeg

Attachments

• 7AA14219-F92F-4F29-9616-FD31A4E6C0F7.jpeg
    7AA14219-F92F-4F29-9616-FD31A4E6C0F7.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 321
  • FFF18FE6-B3CC-4056-B14D-50938BDA9950.jpeg
    FFF18FE6-B3CC-4056-B14D-50938BDA9950.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 266
94C07D2C-2AE2-4704-8653-8AFDE388BECE.jpeg
2019 ride was great!!

Attachments

• 05926E31-AE08-445E-B47C-1111EC714C15.jpeg
    05926E31-AE08-445E-B47C-1111EC714C15.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 6A0B95E3-619A-4454-A979-74924FD3C51B.jpeg
    6A0B95E3-619A-4454-A979-74924FD3C51B.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 274
  • D6E24A4A-5E6C-47D8-8FC2-B65D1AF0BC07.jpeg
    D6E24A4A-5E6C-47D8-8FC2-B65D1AF0BC07.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 268
Interesting. I'll have to see about obtaining a second kitchen pass in the fall. At least the dates dodge my kids birthday by a whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back