• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Ride - special edition, Nov 6-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not usually much sand around Junction - good gravel, and pretty well grated and compacted. You gotta really look around to find anything harder than Class 1 (especially with Kent Creek closed to the public now). And good fun pavement out there, too!
Thanks for the link to the article. I had never seen it before. I'm definitely a Class 1/2 fan.

Sometimes @MacDaddy tricks me into the Class 3/4 stuff :)

Registered and hotel booked for the event. Thanks Rich! I'm looking forward to the event and the first time riding in Texas Hill Country.

I'm planning to ride down from the DFW area on Friday, Nov 6th. Group ride South @spokedoc , @Jarrett , @2WheelNut (if you go)? Anyone else interested in grouping for the southbound Route 377 and (Route 281 or 67) portion of the ride?

I might be. It will be down to a game day call on trailering for me though.

Registered and paid, see you in November!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered and hotel booked for the event. Thanks Rich! I'm looking forward to the event and the first time riding in Texas Hill Country.

I'm planning to ride down from the DFW area on Friday, Nov 6th. Group ride South @spokedoc , @Jarrett , @2WheelNut (if you go)? Anyone else interested in grouping for the southbound Route 377 and (Route 281 or 67) portion of the ride?
Ya, I am game. Thought about a more interesting route but I haven't looked at it yet. Either way, we have some time yet to work out details. Let's do it.

Registered, hotel booked.

BTW if someone is going from the Austin area we may team up for the trip.

*****if you want us to start a gear / bike thread I would be happy to do that*****

For the big bikes what are y'all going to throw on for tires. Dunlop had some interesting looking tires I was thinking about.

My ride style on the pavement is quick. Riding around 100, but only when in Mexico.

But I like to be stable on the dirt.

The Mitas e07s are a bit shaky on 130 and 45.

I currently use the Scorpion Rally STRs but they were a bit loose in lexington last week.

I am looking for a tire that I can put on mid October and keep them on after this ride for all purpose riding. And can handle the heat of Texas.

My bike is a 2014 Vstrom 1000 for reference.

Either Dunlop Trailmax Mission or Michelin Anakee Wilds on my Tiger for me.

If I decide to go (and decide to bring the GSA) I'll be running my usual TKC80 front and 705 rear. I've ran a similar setup on a Weestrom to good effect. But it's just gravel roads so no need to overthink it.

Hey, when trough a bunch off tires on my KTM last year I think 4 and I can sharing some info after one year riding all kind of stuff. 2 Kenda big block great but melt away, mitas 010 I think was amazing and super on gravel river crossing etc. Sadly they goes fast unless you are in traction control in all time. I have a Dunlop trail mission in the back and it pretty good it the best of all kind for the big bike, i miss the mitas grip off road but love everything the mission can give all round.

Looks like a great ride, I'm in. Be coming from the Austin area (out 1431, in Jonestown). I have a RE Himalayan, so won't be burning up the highways (70 is pretty much it's max comfortable cruising speed), but be happy to join any "smell the roses" pace riders coming from Austin or points east.

Registered and room booked @ Rodeway

Note, as of today the Best Western is 100% booked. Not just the group block, the entire hotel. The clerk said the next door Rodeway motel is their sister property and that had some rooms open, so I got a room there to burn some Hotels.com credits I had (which reported only 4 rooms still open for that weekend). The going price was $75/night.

I didn't call the Holiday Inn although the online price was $105/night, so if you end up there definitely try for the discount group rate if still available- save you $30 or so.

I'll be departing Jonestown and heading out 1431 likely mid-day Friday- jog up 281, grabbing 29 W from there, then 377 into Junction.

Last edited:
Registered and room booked @ Rodeway

Note, as of today the Best Western is 100% booked. Not just the group block, the entire hotel. The clerk said the next door Rodeway motel is their sister property and that had some rooms open, so I got a room there to burn some Hotels.com credits I had (which reported only 4 rooms still open for that weekend). The going price was $75/night.

I didn't call the Holiday Inn although the online price was $105/night, so if you end up there definitely try for the discount group rate if still available- save you $30 or so.

I'll be departing Jonestown and heading out 1431 likely mid-day Friday- jog up 281, grabbing 29 W from there, then 377 into Junction.
Thanks for the heads up....just booked the Rodeway for 75 as well.

Looks like a great ride, I'm in. Be coming from the Austin area (out 1431, in Jonestown). I have a RE Himalayan, so won't be burning up the highways (70 is pretty much it's max comfortable cruising speed), but be happy to join any "smell the roses" pace riders coming from Austin or points east.

Couple other Austin area dudes and I are forming a "smell the roses" (or whatever) group. If you'd like to join in, PM me.

Looking to ride this for the first time, staying at the RV park near by, loading up the family and bike.
Is there going to be a vendor selling tires or do we need to bring spares?

20200903_111034.jpg

Myself and a buddy are coming from Canyon Lake. I think we might join in on the group ride to Junction.

When and what time is this ride happening? Are yall leaving Friday mid day? If so Kike and I may join up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back