• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Ride - special edition, Nov 6-8, 2020

Hoping one of you guys knows of a rider that lost his nice Klim backpack. Our camping group ran across this laying on one of the the North Junction RV Park roads. I left it at the RV office for someone to claim. Hope it finds its home! View attachment 278674

Big shout out to @JoToPe Rich. I texted him and told him he could have this back pac since he lived in area.

He went by and picked it up last week. I asked if he could mail the down jacket to me, which he agreed.

Friday, Rich shows up at my house in DFW and hands the entire back pac to my wife Sharon.

Here is his text:

“ I have several. You can gift it to a rider that needs it. “

Rich you are one awesome Two Wheeled Texan!

BTW: Sharon, who is a great judge of character....hey look who she married 31 years ago[emoji23]

Sharon said, your friend Rich is a really nice guy.

Anytime, Kevin, and yes, Sharon, and your dog, are great judges of character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great ride. Great photos. I really need to make one of these sometime.

When we decided to head backwards to the highway, Jim's hand was busted. I took out ahead of him.

Got a clean break at the base of my left thumb. I’m a cyborg with two pins and a wire. Thanks to those who helped me.

(I crash around 6:00)

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this video Jim my wife and I enjoyed it because I was just in front of you most of that part of the day. The crash part sucked being there didn't make it any easier to watch. I'm glad your getting healed up and it wasn't any worse. Do you plan on going to the Terlingua ride in March? I'm planning on it and it would be good to see you there.

Got a clean break at the base of my left thumb. I’m a cyborg with two pins and a wire. Thanks to those who helped me.

(I crash around 6:00)

Jim
Thanks for posting. Hope you are healing up well.

What do you think caused the crash?

Thanks for posting this video Jim my wife and I enjoyed it because I was just in front of you most of that part of the day. The crash part sucked being there didn't make it any easier to watch. I'm glad your getting healed up and it wasn't any worse. Do you plan on going to the Terlingua ride in March? I'm planning on it and it would be good to see you there.
hey vern,

first thank you for all your help. the surgery went well and i'm not in much pain. it's just killing me that i can't ride for a while.

i won't be going to big bend. can't get away from work. =(
hope y'all have a great ride.

Thanks for posting. Hope you are healing up well.

thanks jarrett

i hit a small ledge. It was like a small step up - embedded rock. i hit it just right to cause my handlebar to whip quickly to the left. that snapped my left thumb. the momentum threw me off the bike to the right.

we are trained to stay loose. but the momentum forcing me forward and causing me to put more weight on my hand, resulted on a broken bone. that is my theory.

when riding dirt- ELBOWS OUT!!! The bar won't whip out of your hands when hitting unexpected sharp edges, rocks, etc...

in the vid right before the crash, @ 5.57-5;59 secs, i can see the rider's shadow that rider had elbows in.

Just a hunch...but im bettin' that's what happened initially. then mean old gravity took over.

when riding dirt- ELBOWS OUT!!! The bar won't whip out of your hands when hitting unexpected sharp edges, rocks, etc...

in the vid right before the crash, @ 5.57-5;59 secs, i can see the rider's shadow that rider had elbows in.

Just a hunch...but im bettin' that's what happened initially. then mean old gravity took over.

It also looks like he was leaning into the corner rather than keeping the bike perpendicular to the ground

It also looks like he was leaning into the corner rather than keeping the bike perpendicular to the ground

Don't you mean the rider staying perpendicular to the ground? The bike needs to lean to turn.

Don't you mean the rider staying perpendicular to the ground? The bike needs to lean to turn.

if your on marbles the last thing you want is a leaning bike. Stick your butt toward the outside of the turn, push that bike into your knee and keep bike at 90 degrees with surface.

Where are the rides in the videos located ?

13c707963349e898a12efbbde1287091.jpg

Is the route open to public? Are there places that allow camping ?
the routes are public roads. The unpaved roads are crossing ranches. I would not camp without the express permission of landowner.

This ride HQ’d out of Junction, where there is a state park, county public park and private campground.

As long as you stay on the road and make sure gates close behind you, you should be alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back