• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Adventure Rider Sticker

Updated Jan 7, 2018

I have Texas Adventure Riders stickers available in two designs and two sizes
- Large oval sticker $3 each
- Large rectangular sticker $3 each
- Medium rectangular sticker $2 each

Add $1 to your order to cover shipping and handling.

For a size reference, the large oval sticker is mounted on the Husky in the picture above.

Here are the medium and large rectangular stickers together, with a pen included in the picture as a size reference

Here is the large sticker mounted on the headlight shroud of my motorcycle

Here is the medium sticker mounted on the back of my helmet

You can order stickers via the internet or US Postal Service:

Internet:
order via paypal at rgibbens@austin.rr.com

Mail:
Richard Gibbens
12609 Red Bud Trail
Buda, TX 78610

Last edited:
I came up behind a guy with a reflective BMWST sticker I believe and it glowed even in the daylight. Of course my three HID lights on my BMW probably helped that.
Got me to thinking, I really need to add some kind of reflective material to the rear of my bike.

BTW, I have a stack of stickers that I will typically bring to a gathering so if you run into me sometime when I'm on the bike I may have some with me.

We've got them at the store here also. And also Richard's maps and ride guides. I think we need to get TWTEX stickers also.
Lone Star BMW/Triumph.
Robert

I have not gone on an adventure ride as would be defined herein, but I have made the trek down I-35. Does that qualify? :eek2:

Just kidding, Richard. Good looking stickers. tom

Let me know when you get some reflective ones..
Thanks
Mike
Okay, here's the deal on the reflective stickers. My printer tells me that the reflective part of stickers is the sticker itself. The ink used on the sticker is put on top of the sticker and is not reflective. Therefore wherever the ink is placed on the sticker covers up that reflective part of the sticker.

This isn't an issue when you have a reflective sticker with only a little ink on it (the ADV sticker, for example), but is a problem when the sticker is saturated with ink (the Texas Adventure Rider sticker, for example).

The bottom line is printing the Texas Adventure Rider logo on a reflective sticker will result in the sticker not being reflective. So, for now, it doesn't look like we will be getting any reflective stickers.

This isn't an issue when you have a reflective sticker with only a little ink on it (the ADV sticker, for example), but is a problem when the sticker is saturated with ink (the Texas Adventure Rider sticker, for example).
The white part of the sticker could be the reflective part, the upper left and the star.

When's the one for Mexico coming out?

I think you need a distributorship in Plano, the jewel of Texas and home of lots of motors, many of them have been ridden within the year. I volunteer, and I am willing to invest(quite sporting of me, the new guy, wouldn't you say?) May I pay in hard currency or pesos?

mike

2005 Deluxe Black black cherry-there are some like it but this one is mine.

Okay, here's the deal on the reflective stickers. My printer tells me that the reflective part of stickers is the sticker itself. The ink used on the sticker is put on top of the sticker and is not reflective. Therefore wherever the ink is placed on the sticker covers up that reflective part of the sticker.

The bottom line is printing the Texas Adventure Rider logo on a reflective sticker will result in the sticker not being reflective. So, for now, it doesn't look like we will be getting any reflective stickers.
Richard.....you could make a reflective one but make it white/black. Or just make it say TX ADV on the plain white/black sticker. Just a thought.

Hey Richard......just got an idea.

Why not make that TX ADV sticker into a patch for riders jackets??? Either the sleeve or front/back? Maybe 2 different sizes?
I would def take a few of those!

Eric

I tried looking up the link I ordered mine from. Looks like something is missing or a there's a broken link. Contact any of the moderators and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Got mine and they'll be on there after the rebuild this winter.

When yall get to Southern Colorado look for an ugly KLR ridden by an overweight geezer and let's 'howdy' for a spell.

All right so I am old and computer challenged. Is there a store on line where I can order TWT merchandise? I am a long way from anywhere again.
Hi, Bill.

Two Wheeled Texan (aka TWT) stuff is sold here: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6001

There are a variety of TWT labeled things you can buy - shirts, stickers, etc., - on-line from the TWT owner (Scott).

Texas Adventure is my company for organizing dual sport rallies and rides. I'm a different company than TWT. Here is the link to my web site - www.texasadventure.net

Scott (TWT owner) is kind enough to allow me to have a forum here on TWT. I sell three different ride guides and also the Texas Adventure rider sticker.

Ordering information on the ride guides is on my web site here - http://texasadventure.net/RideGuides.htm

Ordering information for Texas Adventure stickers is in the first post of this thread.

Feel free to contact me personally for other questions or if I can help with anything else.

Here is the sticker update as of Aug 9, 2011.

I'm out of large stickers. But I have just received an order of medium size stickers, so I have small and medium stickers available.

Small stickers are 2x3 inch oval. $1 each

Medium stickers are 3x4 inch oval. $2 each

See the first page of this thread for ordering information.