• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Chainlube Massaacre

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Haslinger
This weekend I took the Ural on the first ever Texas Chainlube Massacre. Two days, 500 miles in the Texas Hill Country. We drove every dirt road, one lane county road, scenic loop in between Austin, Llano and Burnet. I hope to get a copy of the route so I can post if for some of our Texas Foil Heads. We started with eight bikes: three ducaties, 80's model Suzuki GS1000, 78 R75/5, 77 Harley Sportster (stock), 56 Harley Pan head rigid, and the Ural rounding out the group. We camped in Llano at the Dabb's Hotel. Here are a couple of pictures from the adventure. I'll post a proper ride report later in the week.

The Bikes Assemble
us_japan_russia.jpg

five_bikes_at_joes.jpg

harley_duc_gas_up.jpg

Sandy Creek Crossing
fist_creek_crossing.jpg

massacre_strikes_back.jpg

massacre_at_the_creek.jpg

Not the usual sort of dual-sport bikes, but what the heck! That's how real men used to do it. ;-) Looks like ya'll had fun. :thumb:

Ohh man...I'm in on this next year. I've got a 78 R100 that likes dirt roads.

Holy cow, that is wild. You all are tougher than me!:eek2:

Sandy creek can be a handfull on a real dirt bike at times . I like it , The No Wuss Ride , I have seen people that were afraid to ride Altaus Davis on a street bike . Post up on here next time you might run in to a bunch of us playing in the dirt . SEYA

roundblack said:
This weekend I took the Ural on the first ever Texas Chainlube Massacre. Two days, 500 miles in the Texas Hill Country. We drove every dirt road, one lane county road, scenic loop in between Austin, Llano and Burnet. I hope to get a copy of the route so I can post if for some of our Texas Foil Heads. We started with eight bikes: three ducaties, 80's model Suzuki GS1000, 78 R75/5, 77 Harley Sportster (stock), 56 Harley Pan head rigid, and the Ural rounding out the group.

That is an interesting group of Adventure Bikes!

Lee

(The difference between an ordeal and an Adventure is your viewpoint)

Back