• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Courthouse Info Spreadsheet

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
I've been gathering a little info recently on the county courthouses and thought I would attach the file I have started in hopes that maybe some of you courthouse hounds can help with the missing or incorrect info. If you would, let me know what I need to change on the file and I will make the changes as time allows. My thoughts were that maybe I could get a file that would help me and others locate or plan trips to capture photos of the courthouses and the old former courthouses or ruins of the old ones. Any and all comments, good or bad welcomed.

At some time in the future I hope to have links to my photos, photos found from other riders (with their permission) and from other sources added to the file.

Attachments

• Texas Courthouse Info.xls
    147.5 KB · Views: 326
Lots of data in that file! I'll try to help fill it in.

I started some web pages a while back but haven't worked on it much. It will have some of the information you have. See here.

Looks like I need to spend some time on it...

As posted above, a whole lot of information there. Living in Corpus Christi, I can help out with some pictures and informatin on the county courthouses in my area. Which by the way, the address for the Nueces County should be 1150 Mesquite Street. The Leopard St address is for the current modern (yawn) courthouse.

That's the kind of information I'm looking for. If at all possible I would like to get photos of my bike in front of the new and former courthouses if I can locate both. Thanks for the address of the former courthouse, I'll add it to the spreadsheet.

Glad to be of help. I went out for a little cruise this morning and managed to put 300 miles before the afternoon heat set in. I also took pictures of 5 county courthouses. They include; San Patricio, Refugio, Nueces (old), Goliad and Live Oak counties. The old country seat for Live Oak was Oakville until it move to George West in 1914. The old courthouse in Oakville was torn down in 1941 but the old county jail is still there and in very good shape. I took a picture of the jail house while cutting over to Goliad County.
Let me know if you want any of these pictures. I uploaded them to my photobucket account and are here for you to look at.
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/BlkDakDave/Texas County Courthouses/

Back