• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Texas National Picnic!

First Name
Rich
??? Is this a BMW only event? I'll be purchasing a Dual Sport and will try to make this my break in run :)
Try not to ride on the grass at the Lookout - the grounds keeper doesn't like it. :eek2:

Otherwise, join us for lunch! :eat:

Last edited:
First Name
Rich
Reminder bump!

Four days away!

Free commemorative stickers! Suitable for panniers or framing!

Almost 50 door prizes to give away!

Food to be eaten! (whatever food you bring with you)

Lies to be told! (I mean riding stories)

Fun to be had!

Hope to see you there!

First Name
Rich
Forecast calls for a slight chance of rain in Jacksonville on Saturday.

Okay, 80% chance, but that means there's a 20% chance we'll be dry.

See you guys there.

First Name
Rich
Attendance bump!

I'll be at Love's Lookout about 9 a.m. tomorrow to start hanging the club banner, etc.

See everyone around 11 to 12.

First Name
Rich
I had someone from a few hundred miles away email and ask if the picnic will happen picnic rain or shine.

Yes.

If it rains, some of us will be there, either dry, or showing up in rain suits!

Or showing up wet because they didn't stop to put on their rain suits!

See you there.

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Or showing up wet because they didn't stop to put on their rain suits!.
Well, I can tell you now we are wussing out and rolling up in the car.

Miss Vicki and I are camping overnight and don't want to plow thru a squall-line on two wheels going home Sunday morn.

:giveup:

First Name
Rich
Well, I can tell you now we are wussing out and rolling up in the car.

Miss Vicki and I are camping overnight and don't want to plow thru a squall-line on two wheels going home Sunday morn.

:giveup:
No shame in driving. We don't have to practice to be miserable - ride a bike enough and you will have your chance to be soaked to the bone.

First Name
Rich
Among the 50 door prizes for the picnic are a few specials. Besides several new BMW MOA t-shirts and license plate frames, an older MOA member donated some old-style MOA patches and stickers that have been out of production for years. Three lucky door-prize winners will walk away with a vintage MOA patch & sticker each!

First Name
Jeffry
Last Name
Florentine
Well, if that won't attract a crowd, then there's just no hope for America.
I want a plate frame, so I'll be sure to be there!:rider::eat:

First Name
Ron
Last Name
Kellenbenz
And for the first few that show up there will be German Chocolate Cake(It is a BMW picnic). It went fast last year so the Queen made 2 this year.

Ron

First Name
Rich
Great picnic and great weather all day! About 40 bikes and 50 attendees; really good turnout considering all the severe weather recently.

I will work on posting pictures.

The weather worked out really well, except that rain shower that Jeff led me through on the way home. Just enough to soak my clothes.

Thanks for the German Chocolate cake!

First Name
Rich
Mark your calendar!

Three months from this weekend - May 21st - third Saturday in May.

The Fourth Annual Texas National Picnic!

Held at Love's Lookout, a few miles north of Jacksonville, TX on the east side of US 69.

No entry fee.

We'll fire up the grills at noon; bring your own chow - something to throw on the grill or grab a burger or sub on the way in.

We have a few dozen door prizes that have been donated by moto-companies; we'll post a complete list when we have everything together. There should also be plenty of grab-bag prizes so every attendee should get something (key chains, moto-calendars, cozies, visor wipes, sports bottles, moto-towels). So far we have received items from Giant Loop Moto, MotorWorks UK, Rocky Mountain ATV, MotorcycleGear.com, and Wunderlich America. We have pledges of gear from 14 more companies.

Hope to see you at the picnic!