• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Texas National Picnic!

Reaction score
First Name
Jeffry
Last Name
Florentine
I just realized that we had not publicized this in this forum, so here is a copy from another, un-named forum:

Join us on Saturday, May 16th, 2015 at noon for the First Ever, Second Annual Texas National Picnic, being held at Love's Lookout Visitor Center, just north of Jacksonville, TX.

The Visitor's Center is located on the east side of hwy 69 approximately 4.5 miles north of the intersection of hwy 79 in Jacksonville, TX. It's marked with green signs.
N32d 01' 46.03
W95d 16' 46.93

Loves Lookout info

We will fire up the grills at noon and wait for the hordes to descend. There are restrooms, vending machines, covered picnic tables, grills, plenty of parking, and a great view.

Bring your own food and drink. We will provide charcoal for the grills plus condiments and cheese for your burgers, etc..

Here are local camping sites:
Lake Jacksonville Campground
Shady Pines RV Park and Campground
Texas State Railroad Camping

Motels are available in nearby towns.

Come join us for some food and meet some folks from East Texas.
There is no fee and there will be door prizes.

Further info email etbeemers@gmail.com

Last edited:
I just realized that we had not publicized this in this forum, so here is a copy from another, un-named forum:

Join us on Saturday, May 17th, 2014 at noon for the First Ever, Second Annual Texas National Picnic, being held at Love's Lookout Visitor Center, just north of Jacksonville, TX.

The Visitor's Center is located on the east side of hwy 69 approximately 4.5 miles north of the intersection of hwy 79 in Jacksonville, TX. It's marked with green signs.
N32d 01' 46.03
W95d 16' 46.93

Loves Lookout info

We will fire up the grills at noon and wait for the hordes to descend. There are restrooms, vending machines, covered picnic tables, grills, plenty of parking, and a great view.

Bring your own food and drink. We will provide charcoal for the grills plus condiments and cheese for your burgers, etc..

Here are local camping sites:

Rusk KOA

Further info email etbeemers@gmail.com

Jeff,

See ya' tomorrow. Bringing a few riders from DFW. :rider:

FYI - Everyone.... The Rusk KOA has gone out of business. (how does a nice KOA go under?)

Had reservations there but they sent our $$ back.

Good to have you all coming.
FYI, I sliced tomatoes and onions today and will bring pickles and sauerkraut, so some fixins' will be available.

So...this year will be the first time I attend the first ever second TNP?

Next year should be the first time I attend the first ever third? Or would it be the second time I attend the first ever third? Or the second first....ahhh never mind.

So...this year will be the first time I attend the first ever second TNP?

Actually this year will be the only time you can attend the first ever second annual TNP. Until time travel is achieved, anyway.

Or until we start having second annual TNP. But then it would be the semi-annual TNP so you would have to start over.
It's all very simple, you see.:eek2:

It's still three months away, but we are making plans for the Third Texas National Picnic.

It will be held on Saturday, May 16th, again at Love's Lookout Park on US 69, just north of Jacksonville, Texas. The East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club has decided that we will plan to hold the picnic every year on the third Saturday in May.

This year we plan to give out commemorative stickers to the first 100 arrivals!

Once again, we will provide the charcoal, bring your own lunch. There are vending machines on site for sodas if you don't bring something to drink.

We also have club stickers available for anyone who wants to join the club. You don't have to ride a BMW to join, you just have to ride like us (safety first, no load pipes, etc.).

It's still three months away, but we are making plans for the Third Texas National Picnic.

It will be held on Saturday, May 18th, again at Love's Lookout Park on US 69, just north of Jacksonville, Texas. The East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club has decided that we will plan to hold the picnic every year on the third Saturday in .

We also have club stickers available for anyone who wants to join the club. You don't have to ride a BMW to join, you just have to ride like us (safety first, no load pipes, etc.).

Is the date the 18th or 16th

ATGATT. Lee
" I never worry about getting lost.
I just change where I plan on going."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the 16th.
Rich's fingers cover several keys!

BTW, you have a fine taste in motorcycles, sir.

It will be held on Saturday, May 16th, again at Love's Lookout Park on US 69, just north of Jacksonville, Texas. The East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club has decided that we will plan to hold the picnic every year on the third Saturday in May.

This year we plan to give out commemorative stickers to the first 100 arrivals!

Once again, we will provide the charcoal, bring your own lunch. There are vending machines on site for sodas if you don't bring something to drink.

Date is fixed!

It is the 16th.
Rich's fingers cover several keys!

BTW, you have a fine taste in motorcycles, sir.

Thanks Jeff.
I assume your comment refer to my new to me 04 R1150RT and not the V strom. I've only added a few hundred miles so still just getting introduced. But I think we will form a lasting relationship[emoji2]

ATGATT. Lee

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff.
I assume your comment refer to my new to me 04 R1150RR and not the V strom. I've only added a few hundred miles so still just getting introduced. But I think we will form a lasting relationship[emoji2]

ATGATT. Lee

You happen to own the same two bikes that Jeff owns - 650 V-Strom & R1150RT.

Here is a bump. Still hoping to make this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Join us on Saturday, May 16th, 2015 at noon for the Third Annual Texas National Picnic, being hosted by the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club. The picnic will be held at Love's Lookout Visitor Center, just north of Jacksonville, TX.

The Visitor's Center is located on the east side of HWY 69 approximately 4.5 miles north of the intersection of HWYs 69 & 79 in Jacksonville, TX.
N32d 01' 46.03
W95d 16' 46.93

We will fire up the grills at noon and wait for the hordes to descend. There are restrooms, vending machines, covered picnic tables, grills, plenty of parking, and a great view. Look for the BMW flags & the club banner hanging on a pavilion.

Bring your own food and drink. We will provide charcoal for the grills and condiments for your burgers, etc. Come join us for lunch and meet some folks from East Texas.

There is no rally fee, there will be door prizes, and the first 100 arrivals will receive the first-ever Texas National Picnic commemorative sticker!

In 2013 we had 24 attendees and last year we had 60+ motorcycles and over 70 attendees. Last year riders came to the picnic from East Texas, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Galveston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Killeen, & Northwest Louisiana. Hope we didn't miss anyone!

Attendees will also have an opportunity to join the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club. Dues are $10/year per person, $15 for family memberships. Each club member receives a ETBMW+MC sticker, suitable for your bike or for framing!

Below are local camping sites and motels are available in nearby towns.
Lake Jacksonville Campground
Texas State Railroad Camping

We also have a couple GPS files for local rides. PM me with an email address and I'll send them to you.

Hope to see you there!

photo.jpg

IMG_2426_zps45efe9b9.jpg

IMG_2423_zps61525166.jpg

Last edited:
Join us on Saturday, May 16th, 2015 at noon for the Third Annual Texas National Picnic, being hosted by the East Texas BMW Plus Motorcycle Club. The picnic will be held at Love's Lookout Visitor Center, just north of Jacksonville, TX.

I was with the group from Dallas last year and it was a great time. I am out of town this year and cannot make it, but I would if I could. It is a great location.

Join us on Saturday, May 17th, 2014 at noon for the First Ever, Second Annual Texas National Picnic, being held at Love's Lookout Visitor Center, just north of Jacksonville, TX.

Rich are you sure that date is fixed?

Rich are you sure that date is fixed?

When I said fixed, I meant the date typed in the post was fixed since I screwed up the date in my first post.

These Internet Warriors are really tearing me up! :giveup:

??? Is this a BMW only event? I'll be purchasing a Dual Sport and will try to make this my break in run :)

As long as it's a motorcycle of sorts, it's welcome.
Loud pipes are a bit frowned upon, though.:eek2:
Not by everyone, but quite a few.

Back