• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas - Off Road

Reaction score
Haha the one who doesn't like riding motorcycle but like to go as service vehicle lol..😄😄
Last July, my son and I rode from Corpus Christi to Dell City, via Amistad, Fort Davis, and Hueco Tanks (paved back roads), then highway to Antonia, CO. From there we went south on the NMBDR. Unfortunately, we did not know that late July is New Mexico Monsoon season. After five days of slogging through rain and mud, we bailed at Albuquerque. Toughest week of riding in my life...Greatest week of riding in my life!

The ride from Houston to Dell City is pretty uninteresting, but once you get to Dell City and begin to gain altitude, it is a beautiful ride. Texas is BIG--El Paso is closer to LA than Houston. If I do it again, I would trailer to El Paso or Las Cruces, ride NM and CO, then trailer back to Houston.

Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
Dual sport. Seems like there is a lot of interest. Why don’t you set a date—la weekend in March or April—and see who will

Dual sport. Seems like there is a lot of interest. Why don’t you set a date—la weekend in March or April—and see who will go.
I think it’s a great idea.
March - April.book for me and May end to June mid I'm doing TAT so it would have to be later in a year..let me set something up.