• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas - Off Road

Joined
Oct 24, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Location
Sienna Plantation
Haha the one who doesn't like riding motorcycle but like to go as service vehicle lol..😄😄
Last July, my son and I rode from Corpus Christi to Dell City, via Amistad, Fort Davis, and Hueco Tanks (paved back roads), then highway to Antonia, CO. From there we went south on the NMBDR. Unfortunately, we did not know that late July is New Mexico Monsoon season. After five days of slogging through rain and mud, we bailed at Albuquerque. Toughest week of riding in my life...Greatest week of riding in my life!

The ride from Houston to Dell City is pretty uninteresting, but once you get to Dell City and begin to gain altitude, it is a beautiful ride. Texas is BIG--El Paso is closer to LA than Houston. If I do it again, I would trailer to El Paso or Las Cruces, ride NM and CO, then trailer back to Houston.

Just my thoughts.
 
Joined
Jan 7, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
21
Location
Houston
Dual sport. Seems like there is a lot of interest. Why don’t you set a date—la weekend in March or April—and see who will

Dual sport. Seems like there is a lot of interest. Why don’t you set a date—la weekend in March or April—and see who will go.
I think it’s a great idea.
March - April.book for me and May end to June mid I'm doing TAT so it would have to be later in a year..let me set something up.
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2014
Messages
478
Reaction score
340
Location
Dallas
First Name
Phil
How does one even start going about finding all the dirt, gravel, river crossings etc? The way y’all do this is very impressive!!
Remember: all this is 'theoretical'. I've followed many a track, just to be turned around because there is a gate, or a no trespassing sign, or a guy in a pickup with an unhappy look on his face. This of course is part of the adventure, but you have to expect it.
 
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
84
Reaction score
65
Location
Kilgore, Texas.
First Name
GW
Last Name
D
Okay, I have attached both Full version and break down sections Section 1 - 14 (Start From Houston - Dell City TX and joins NMBDR). As I mentioned previously this is 80% off road (Dirt, Gravels, water crossing and single lane Back Roads) remaining 20% single lane highway to connect next dirt dirt and very very minimum highway.

I plan to test this out very soon! Let me know if anyone would want to tag along.

Let me know if anyone run into any issue loading these GPX files. My next route will map from Mission TX to Houston :)

Lot of late nights, hard work put into built this Texas - Off Road full route and by each sections.

Ride Safe, and always wear protective gears.

Enjoy riding!

Texas - Off Road Map:

View attachment 286046

GPX files Image:
View attachment 286060

Thanks
G!

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer
Okay, I have attached both Full version and break down sections Section 1 - 14 (Start From Houston - Dell City TX and joins NMBDR). As I mentioned previously this is 80% off road (Dirt, Gravels, water crossing and single lane Back Roads) remaining 20% single lane highway to connect next dirt dirt and very very minimum highway.

I plan to test this out very soon! Let me know if anyone would want to tag along.

Let me know if anyone run into any issue loading these GPX files. My next route will map from Mission TX to Houston :)

Lot of late nights, hard work put into built this Texas - Off Road full route and by each sections.

Ride Safe, and always wear protective gears.

Enjoy riding!

Texas - Off Road Map:

View attachment 286046

GPX files Image:
View attachment 286060

Thanks
G!

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer
This is great... Thank you for sharing your hard work..
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Location
Kerrville
Anyone had a chance to ride this yet? Looks great and one heck of a project. Definitely a lot of hard work and thank you for sharing. Just curious if anyone has ridden and knows the actual percentage of dirt as it looks to be a very large amount of asphalt.

Suggestions for which maps to get for Base Camp to overlay this on?
 
Joined
May 29, 2018
Messages
998
Reaction score
585
Location
Round Rock
First Name
Jorge
Im interested in riding from Austin to Houston. Maybe next time I ride my bike there.
 
Joined
Jan 7, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
21
Location
Houston
Anyone had a chance to ride this yet? Looks great and one heck of a project. Definitely a lot of hard work and thank you for sharing. Just curious if anyone has ridden and knows the actual percentage of dirt as it looks to be a very large amount of asphalt.

Suggestions for which maps to get for Base Camp to overlay this on?
I did portion of Brookshire to Bastrop so much fun. Plan to do remaining soon.
 
Joined
Jul 2, 2020
Messages
312
Reaction score
140
Location
USA
I haven't done this route but I know when I do long trips I try to limit my days to around 250 miles a day. If it's mostly gravel or off-road, I'd say 150-200 max. You can do longer but it starts to take the fun out of it. On my trip last summer, I did over 450 miles one day and it was rough. Of course if you were riding a cruiser or a Wing that would be easy but on an ADV it's not fun.
 
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
14,725
Reaction score
919
Location
Mesquite
I just used Google to check the Bastrop to Buchanan dam GPX file and found a gate near Sayersville. Means going north on 95 and heading south on 290 to reconnect.
 
Joined
Jan 7, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
21
Location
Houston
I just used Google to check the Bastrop to Buchanan dam GPX file and found a gate near Sayersville. Means going north on 95 and heading south on 290 to reconnect.
Yeah its hard to tell in basecamp. I usually keep both open Google map and bascamp while planning a route as specially the roads that I haven't traveled before to avoid private property..
 
Top