• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE DUAL SPORT

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
The time is running out...if you want to take advantage of being in a led group for this ride, sign up now. You can form your own group if you so desire, or enjoy being grouped in with riders of your same skill set. Here are a couple of links for more information:
INFORMATION LINK: http://dualsportuniverse.com/rnr2017.html
SIGN IN LINK: [URL="http://dualsportuniverse.com

Can't wait to see y'all there. Little General

Last edited:
Anyone that wants a room, Call the Holiday Inn directly. Tried to on line and it showed nothing available, then called and bingo... room booked...

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
When you call the Holiday Inn be sure and tell them you want the TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE discounted rate......

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
Looks like we are going to have a big turn out for the TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE.....SIGN UP NOW TO GET YOUR FREE T-SHIRT. Robert

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
Well fellow Dual Sport riders...the time is rapidly running out to get your free TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE t-shirt with sign up. Things are shaping up for a great event. I will be turning in the t-shirt order the morning of the 24th..sign up now at dualsportuniverse.com REL

First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
So if I may be so bold, but how many have signed up so far? Looking forward to the whole weekend!!

Gary

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
Gary, at this time it is 67, as in the past we have riders sign up Saturday night and Sunday morning also....Cut off for the free ride t-shirt will be Monday the 24th. Anyone that wants to enter after that day may still sign up on line or Saturday and Sunday at ride headquarters. Saturday night will be drawings for some great Dual Sport gifts. See ya there.....Robert

First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
And anyone that hasn't been before, should know the gifts and prizes are worth having!! I won a brilliant Oxford waterproof back pack that I still use on most DS rides a year later..

A great event if you can make it.

Gary

I just signed up for this ride and received an e-mail saying that I would get my information pack the Monday before the ride.This is my first group DS ride. I have a few questions. I was wondering if anyone with more experience with group rides, would be so kind as to let me bounce a few questions off them privately. I am a little gun shy on posting all my questions. Sometimes it's better to seem dumb than to post something stupid and remove any doubt.

First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
I would just PM Littlegeneral directly, he organizes this event and always replies quickly to any question. If you click on his name on any of his posts it should give you the option to send him a private message.

Gary

Last edited:
If anyone needs it, I just cancelled my room at the Holiday Inn.
Be sure to call directly and let them know your with the Ramble for a discount..

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Looks like we are going to have a big turn out for the TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE.....SIGN UP NOW TO GET YOUR FREE T-SHIRT. Robert
Too much going on to commit now, but if I'm reading right I can sign up Saturday night at the event? Thanks

First Name
Steve
That would be great Lil General.

I have a room at the Holiday Inn with two beds and I obviously only need one. If anybody wants to split the room and expenses its there. I'm a non smoking, semi light drinker (beer).

steve ole racin buddy i not gonna make it.got a TVRC race at burleson sunday rain out make up dang it .i called rel tuesday .will meet up here this summer i am sure have fun be safe :rider::rider: tony d

Jacksboro, TX team is coming also. Should be at least 2 or 3 of us. I will be the guy that is old, tired, fat and gripey!

I am going to give the Little General a hard time. I should have mounted a side car for him!

Craig

Good turn out and great route!! Had a lot of fun!! Thank you Robert and everyone involved on making this happen!
Discovered a new seat for the 500 is a must! Ouch

First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Lil dusty. But i think it went great. Had fun. Missed having REL out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Little dusty!! :eek2: now that's an understatement :clap: was a lot of fun, the water crossings where very easy, no mud, but lots and lots of dust!! Met some great people!! I hope little general makes a full recovery..

Gary

Talked with part of the ramble at a bank on Clifton, as I was heading back from rescuing the Guzzi with the Beta riding monkey. Chunky front wheel bearing, but no wreck.

Who has photos of Mike Kidd on the SS Vstrom at the first water crossing?:clap:

I didn't take many photos this year, here are a few:

20170507_084514-XL.jpg

Back side of Fossil Rim on the way in Saturday.

20170506_145744-XL.jpg

20170506_182952-XL.jpg

20170506_190255-XL.jpg

Captain of the SS Vstorm

20170506_201656-XL.jpg

20170507_075136-XL.jpg

IMGP4335-XL.jpg

IMGP4338-XL.jpg

Someone getting ready to take a bath.

IMGP4339-XL.jpg

IMGP4340-XL.jpg

IMGP4342-XL.jpg

IMGP4344-XL.jpg

IMGP4345-XL.jpg

Thats all folks

20170507_165828-XL.jpg

It was a great weekend with great people.

Thanks Robert!

Last edited:
It was a great turn out! The Little General did a great job as usual bringing things together.

It was great hearing Mike, Robert and Kevin talk about their past. What a great team of riders they are!

I now have new ammo to use on Mike Kidd about "getting in the zone". For those of you that missed it before the ride started Sunday, he was "in the zone," messing with Kevin about his Ducati with the street tires and "bad chain."

We hope to see you in the fall!!!

Craig

It was a great turn out! The Little General did a great job as usual bringing things together.

It was great hearing Mike, Robert and Kevin talk about their past. What a great team of riders they are!

I now have new ammo to use on Mike Kidd about "getting in the zone". For those of you that missed it before the ride started Sunday, he was "in the zone," messing with Kevin about his Ducati with the street tires and "bad chain."

We hope to see you in the fall!!!

Craig
Need photos of Mike being "in the zone".

Rich

Completed my first Ramble and had a fantastic time! Really enjoyed my group and riding that part of Texas. Its just fantastic scenery this time of year.

Nice video! What happened with the motorcycle that is being pushed out of the river? For that matter, who wiped on the road in the second video?

Last edited:
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Boy I am glad we where in a small group, I would have hated all the waiting to cross!! We just rode straight to the crossing and crossed, no spills and no waiting and getting stressed out. Great video, but as stated, glad I wasn't in your group.. ��

Gary

Boy I am glad we where in a small group, I would have hated all the waiting to cross!! We just rode straight to the crossing and crossed, no spills and no waiting and getting stressed out. Great video, but as stated, glad I wasn't in your group.. í*½í¸€

Gary

Ehh. We had a Great group. At least they waited on me. We did get passed by a group of Orange bikes (3 times). Everyone had fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk