• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Tag-O-Rama!

soon, trying to find something interesting to tag in Texline.

I hope that you are not leaving it there, Leon. :doh:

Maybe somewhere west but not the panhandle...

I may be headed to Paris on Saturday, wanna leave it at the Eiffel Tower? :trust:

Hmmmm..... that'd be 622 miles one-way for me. :ponder:

......but there is an awful lot of courthouses up there I don't have. :eek2:

Well can't get it just yet, pulled something in my shoulder here at work and was thinking about combining tag and pie, weather permitting.

Sent from the twilight zone courtesy of ATT

Have had a serious shoulder issue in my right shoulder for a few days now..
thought I maybe slept on wrong but has carried over a week now.

hope yours gets better soon...

I was a mouse click away from going after this, mapped out a route, calculated fuel stops and even the overnight stop point to best make the pie run and was about to finalize reservations but I realized I have rescued this game twice from stagnation.

it is someone Else's turn, I am done playing the game. :giveup:

Hmm it's been a while since I have been in this thread.... Bike got some new shoes yesterday so I'm ready to ride. Only problem is I can't figure out where that tag is...:doh:

Hmm it's been a while since I have been in this thread.... Bike got some new shoes yesterday so I'm ready to ride. Only problem is I can't figure out where that tag is...:doh:

from Alpine, TX head south on 118 for 53 miles. Look for the Cowboy Mining Company signs on your right, then TWO red storage barn size structures, and you will be there. it is someones house so you will want to knock and ask nicely.

watch your speed closely, the area law likes writing tickets.

It's not just anybody's house.... It's VONI's house - a landmark of the Big Bend area.

Leon-
Sorry to hear you think you're always 'rescuing' the game from stagnation.... Sometimes it just sits in a far corner of the state for a while. That's just part of the game. So get on that bad motor-sickle of yours and ride. ;-)

Heck, Voni or Paul could go out front this evening and "tag" it then move it to someplace else.

Sometimes it just sits in a far corner of the state for a while.

Till I go get it and bring it back to a area with a higher potential number of players who often don't have the time or stamina to go so far.

I had hoped that Ed would have picked it up while he was down there.

I would get on my bike and ride but it is up on jack stands waiting for cycle gear to get around to mounting the new tire when they are good and ready to mount it.
I am getting a HF tire mounting stand, I am tired of wasting good money on the slowest working tire people ever.

Last edited:
Till I go get it and bring it back to a area with a higher potential number of players who often don't have the time or stamina to go so far.

I had hoped that Ed would have picked it up while he was down there.

I would get on my bike and ride but it is up on jack stands waiting for cycle gear to get around to mounting the new tire when they are good and ready to mount it.
I am getting a HF tire mounting stand, I am tired of wasting good money on the slowest working tire people ever.

mine's outback, you're always welcome to use it turkey..
or just bring the tire by...since it is mounted to my shop floor and all..

they done yet? :rider:

Pending the fire activity in Brewster County I should be headed to Big Bend this week sometime. I plan on stopping in for a visit if they have not left for a trip. No telling where I will move it to, although I keep meaning to stop along the way at an interesting site with an uncommon sight.

Had a short visit with Voni and Paul and picked up the tag.....

IMG_0075.jpg

Visited with them some more today. yesterday I went for a scenic ride and selected a new tag.

IMG_0193.jpg

Easy to get to and serves good food. Worth the ride.

Hey Jeff (RE: Texas Tag)

Hey Jeff,

I would like to propose a change to the rules of your game.

To allow the game to move on, how 'bout we say that after some specified period of time passes and no one picks up the tag, it becomes open for anyone to post a new tag.

What'cha think Jeff?

I think the Shark isn't out on weekends. That makes for a tricky tag!

nice, now someone has to drive around big bend looking for a mobile shark.:doh:

My outlook is that Voni has the tag, even if the truck was not there that day. She is at the right spot. I am not the arbiter of this game so that call is not mine to make. Just offering up my two cents worth.

Back