• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run - May 18, 2019

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
:pirate:
The 2019 Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run is scheduled for Saturday, May 18, 2019.

Rally central and the start/finish will be again be Boles Field Campground in the Sabine National Forest in East Texas located on FM2694 at google map coordinates 31.77246, -93.96832 which is 6.9 miles East of Shelbyville and 3.6 miles West of FM139.

Camping is available at Boles Field https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233200. The nearest motels are 8 miles East at Huxley Bay Marina or 15 miles West at Center. A food truck should be at the campground for coffee, snacks & meals.

Warning: There is likely no cell phone service at Boles Field.

For a little insight re: the general structure of the Tiddler, please see info/pics from the 2018 Tiddler here: https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/texas-tiddlers-endurance-run-may-19-2018.116358/

The Registration/Flyer for the 2019 Tiddler is posted below and attached as a .pdf for easier printing:

Attachments

• Texas Tiddler 2019 Regisration.pdf
    477.7 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Oh, oh, oh. I've looked at this event on TWT for the last couple of years but never had a manly enough machine in the garage to participate. Well I have one this year! Its still a long way off but I'm going to try and make it this year.

Oh, oh, oh. I've looked at this event on TWT for the last couple of years but never had a manly enough machine in the garage to participate. Well I have one this year! Its still a long way off but I'm going to try and make it this year.
This would be impressive on your scoot as well as the event.

Wow that would be impressive. I never even considered that. I don't know where I'd put everything (tent, bag, cot, etc.) let alone trying not to get run over. LOL. Huummmm?

I thought scooters were legendary for the storage compartments. With your top speed of 75, should be down there in no time

I thought scooters were legendary for the storage compartments. With your top speed of 75, should be down there in no time

Yes the Burgman being a maxi scooter has a lot of storage but the PCX 150 not so much. The PCX has a rev limiter on it's 13.5 hp limiting it to a top speed of 63 mph. Still can be stupid fun because of how light it is but not quite a Gold Wing on the highway.

.... I don't know where I'd put everything (tent, bag, cot, etc.) [on the PCX scooter] let alone trying not to get run over.... Huummmm?

We live within a 80 miles of Boles Field. Although I have ridden both a KLX250S & TW200 either down or back, we generally trailer our Tiddler bikes down so we can also haul camping gear, fuel & snacks.

By the way, there is a pretty good cafe 'bout 7 miles to the East of the campground.

I guess a 296cc Kawasaki Versys 300X could join in?
The Versys 300 qualifies. I rode my former KLX250S in the the 1st Tiddler where the limit was 250cc. A couple fellows asked if I was riding that dirt bike with [DOT] knobby tires. After a couple hours, they realized the KLX was not only the newest, but also the fastest, bike that year. Eduardo has completed a couple of the runs on our TW200. He also rode his KTM Enduro 690R one year. :rider:

Hey Zephyr Robert: Imagine a KLX being the fastest bike. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Yes the Burgman being a maxi scooter has a lot of storage but the PCX 150 not so much. The PCX has a rev limiter on it's 13.5 hp limiting it to a top speed of 63 mph. Still can be stupid fun because of how light it is but not quite a Gold Wing on the highway.
So it's a solid h___ no. Oh well worth a try. Have fun!

My KLX would do 70 easy, I got it up to 80 with a tailwind. But, riding a 100 cc loaner Honda was truly the spirit of the tidler run. Going up hill at 15 mph I could see and admire each tree, rocks on the side of the road, and the struggles other tiddlers were having. Slow motion racing. On that hill I did drop the Honda 50 CC step through with my bigger motor. But the 125 cc vespa sleeper was a challenge, even if it was carrying a passenger. No blurs until I was hunkered down wide open going down hill at 42. Fortunately, no police were around since the speed limit was 40.

... riding a 100 cc loaner Honda was truly the spirit of the tiddler run....

Yep, similar to the spirit of the Dos x Dos out Around the Bend a couple years ago.
For the Tiddler, the smaller and older the motorcycle/scooter, the more points Dennis awards.

...Going up hill at 15 mph I could see and admire each tree, rocks on the side of the road, and the struggles other tiddlers were having. Slow motion racing. On that hill I did drop the Honda 50 CC step through with my bigger motor. But the 125 cc vespa sleeper was a challenge,....

It was something watching Mrs. SwampFox ROAR past me going uphill at the Tiddler to the Top at the Rich Mountain Rendezvous on her Zuma 50F while I as down to 1st gear on the MB-5.

Why ride a Tiddler??

...riding a motorcycle is usually a very rich experience....
...and the smaller and older the bike is, the more intense the ride will be....**

**Beginning at 1:50 here:

I noticed on the video there are three machines with kickstarters. The Honda ridden by SwampFox also is also a kick start only.

I may try to make this. I have a restored 1960 cushman Eagle with a 16hp Briggs and Stratton with. 65-70 mph top speed. Haha

I was thumbin' through the want ads in the Shelby County** Tribune when this classified advertisement caught my eye....

**It just so happens that Shelby County, Texas is the "host" county for the Tiddler.:sun:

I eye'd several potential Tiddlers while thumbin' through various regional on-line want ads, including, but certainly not limited to, models such as CT, KE, DT, CB, KZ, XL, QT, DR, Monkey, Spade, Passport, XT, Elite, Vespa, PCX, Zuma, Symba, SL, Ruckus, Hawk, Grom, Cub and those mini-monsters from China.
Here are a couple examples: 1981 Yamaha 185 and 1972 Yamaha 175 :rider:

Back