• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thank you Scott

ntklr650

Matt6:34
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
Just want to say thank you to Scott for keeping this place free to hang out.

I have been a member on KLR650.net since 2006 I think and they have started charging. They are already overwhelmed with advertisements but this is the last straw.

Great information on that site but not worth the price of admission to argue with everyone over their difference of opinion.

You lose more change in the couch than what it takes to be a supporter here. And 'tis the season!

Part of the reason is the members here are fairly self policing. He has some good help in the moderator and admins, and many other people helping out with things like the Pie Runs. Then you have the non-TWT events going on too. LIke Mextrek, Texas Adventure, Roll the Bones rallies and the Sunday Meet and Eats. And many others. All turn this into more of a community than just a forum.

This was my first steady moto forum and I read it a lot before I ever bought a motorcycle. I signed up in Nov of 04 and didn't buy my bike until sometime in 05. One of the things I loved about it then (and still do) is that it's very much a moto family and not a bunch of hooligans ragging on everyone else. It's like the polar opposite of Jo Momma on ADV. ;-)

As Rusty mentioned, it is way too much for Scott to do all by himself, so a tip of the helmet to everyone that creates rides, sets up the Pie Runs, arranges overnight camping trips, teaches people how to use a GPS or Basecamp or how to replace a dohicky or.... YOU are the ones that really make TWT the place it is today.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Yes, thank you so much! This is a fantastic forum. The only other motorcycle forum I touch these days is MVAgusta.net...

Well done indeed.

Lot of small businesses are hurting now, including our own Tourmeister. If you can help him, please do.

I probably check on 5 forums a day but TWT I check multiple times a day and would be the last to go if I had to cut back. I can't imagine all the experiences I'd have missed out on had I not found, joined and contributed to this site.

Thanks to Scott and all the other folks who have enriched my life. You know who you are.

I can count forums I frequent on one hand and not use all the digits. This is an oasis of sensibility and reason.
Thanks Scott. You ok on TP? ;-)

Thanks. For now, we are doing okay. The direct forum hosting fees are paid up through Jan of 2021. I took care of that right before all this began.

I have been pushing my clients to get 100% caught up on outstanding accounts receivable and most are doing so, with the exception of a few "big" clients that don't feel like they ever have to pay their bills in full or on time. Those people won't be clients much longer because I cannot afford to work for free. It is better to just let them be someone else's problem.

I would normally try to keep at least three months in reserve for our business expenses. The problem is that we operate on a pretty tight margin, so unless we are having good months, it is hard to build that reserve back up once it has been drawn down. Last September, we hired a much needed new engineer. Of course right after doing that, we proceeded to have several slow months :doh: That started some draw down of our reserve. Then we had to upgrade our software, which was a BIG draw down. Then I took over the company in January and had to bring in an accountant to go through everything for the last five years. Dad kept excellent records, but not all in one place. The accountant went through everything, verified the accuracy of the records, and then put it all in one place so I could more easily manage it. He wasn't cheap. However, he also found an error of $2400 in our favor from a client that has made good on that! My wife had accidentally entered a check twice without realizing it. Anyway, all that to say that my normal reserve is nowhere near what I would like. Right now I am paying two full time people to sit at home and do nothing. That can't go on for very long before I won't even be able to pay myself. :zen:

I can work from the office or home. I am actually at work right now, but that is just so I could get out of the house! I am the only one here other than the crazy office cat. The work simply is not coming in. We ARE a necessary business because we keep vital facilities operating, but they are all in survival mode right now, fixing only what they absolutely have to fix and nothing else.

It's really pretty outside. I think I am about to head home and go for a ride.

Is crazy office cat being taken care of?

Yeah. Our office is at my parent's home out in the woods. Dad or my nephew that is currently staying with my folks come over to feed it, scratch it, etc,...

Back