• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY The “Serve Yo’self” Get Together, 30apr22

Schriner it is. Site 231 if others would like to join the neighborhood. If you're new to the park bring your hiking boots or running shoes. They have way cool trails back into the hills under some of the biggest cedar trees I've seen. Trail runners are surely welcome to join me for a spirited tour.
I wouldn't last 5 minutes :doh:

Schriner it is. Site 231 if others would like to join the neighborhood. If you're new to the park bring your hiking boots or running shoes. They have way cool trails back into the hills under some of the biggest cedar trees I've seen. Trail runners are surely welcome to join me for a spirited tour.

I might attend just to join you running. I love to run but only cross country style like this, never on pavement. I'm not up to your distances though. 5 to 7 miles or 1 hour whichever comes first and I'm spent. Need to get running prior to this though as accident injuries sidelined me and then I got Covid lazy.

Ah yes, good ol' Arkysaw Hill Road. We made the front page of ADV Rider that year (before it was all magazine-like). That road was given back to the land owners a couple of years ago unfortunately. This road was due east of of the Whitney Dam out near Peoria.

View attachment 312257

That year 1145 loop near Whitney had a spot that was doable on a big bike but not necessarily friendly - a bunch of baby head rocks at the base of a hill. I saw a couple of big bikes take a wrong line there and go down.
I remember that.....whata pic!!!
At first glance....I had thought the front wheel had come off!....

& he rode the Ten home ta boot

I was just looking at available sites for 4/26-5/1 and 231 is free. You may want to verify your reservation

Theres a distinct possibility...that in all probability...& with my positively pleasurable pastime of pavement perusement.... I'll be there
count Strom A Thon IN

Hunter House in Ingram looks to be a good bet at $90 a nite + tx...Thurs-Sat nites. Sun at $90 too...if ya want. Im reservin at least 10 rooms...so when you kno your plans...call em to switch the room(s) to your card.
Just mention my name Rod Powers & which nites.

One note though....the 10 rooms are all upstairs due to another bike groups bookin the lower level.
Rooms have been refurbished appx 3 yrs ago...no more carpet...new furniture.

Hunter House Cafe still run by the same folks for the past 17 yrs.
Open 7-2 except W-F till 7pm

Strom A Thon sez Hunter House is goood
Thanks Rod for block booking the rooms- I’m going to give them a call and see if I can grab one. JB

Finally. I see so many events charging bags of money when one could do the same, alone, and for free ninety-nine! I get it, sometimes a fee is fair, but the cost to benefit ratio on so many of these trips is way off.

Id imagine...jus show up

But Gina & JT will prob coordinate the GPS route distribution....
I'll prob give out some paved goatpath /superslab(FM RM RR) paper maps if enuf folks want em

Here are some sample meanders closer to home. I dont have Rever....a friend made these tracks from my rides

Attachments

• 1631447968461.jpg
    1631447968461.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 1611753714927.jpg
    1611753714927.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 1611753693166.jpg
    1611753693166.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 1611753609015.jpg
    1611753609015.jpg