• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY The “Serve Yo’self” Get Together, 30apr22

Reaction score
Hey folks!

How about a “non-rally”? No t-shirts, no catered dinner, no swag, no official ride hq. Best of all, no fee.

Stay where you want, eat where you like, ride to your heart’s content.

2611E973-BB2D-4E96-887A-D56074D9A39F.jpeg

When: 29april2022 (if you’re free and easy like that). For the rest of us, 30april -1may2022
(This was Little General’s traditional time slot for the Redneck Ramble event. I don’t know, but maybe he’d appreciate something happening that weekend?)

Where: Kerrville and surrounding environs

You might ask: ”You’re not going to coordinate a hotel for me? You’re not going to tell me where and when to eat? Just what are you going to do for this no fee event?”

What indeed. Proven, verified gps tracks/routes. Dual sport or pavement only routes. Rides of varying lengths to accommodate various desires. (All riding is on public roadways.)

JT and I can help coordinate groups, departure points and times. We’ll suggest lunch stops and other POI’s if ya ask.

Kerrville has accommodations for every sleeping style.

Tenting or RVing (Schreiner park or the KOA come to mind)

Hotels From The YO Ranch Hotel, Hampton or Holiday Inn to the more budget friendly, but still clean and quiet Lone Star Inn, KVL has plenty to choose from.

Resorts make it a whole family affair and stay at a full service resort like Yogi Bear’s Jellystone (on the Guadalupe River, yet right in town.)

Google away and find something that suits you!

I assume we might want to all meet at a restaurant, and that can be decided and planned ad hoc.

Let’s use this thread for discussion and planning.

Well? What say you?

I especially look forward to hearing from the folks who have been asking for a spring time Hill Country ride!

B9EC8BCF-13E8-42DD-8D6F-994F575DCE53.jpeg

Enough talk Let’s ride!

I happen to be off that weekend. Where're we meeting for food? That's kinda my main motivation. :eat2:

JT has already suggested a great little breakfast taco place for sat morning, that also is in a good location for launching rides.

And we both were thinking Italian for Saturday dinner. Kvl has two good eyetalian places, one can easily handle a big crowd.

Wherever we decide, I'll give them a head's up, make sure they have the staffing, etc.

Pretty cool that you are already off that wknd and can join us!👍🏻

Be great to ride with you again. (We were both breaking in new bikes last time. Last time: put put put. This time: zip zip zip!)
Zip zip indeed! Yes, looking forward to riding with you and JT. Maybe Dannyboy can join in. His T700 is surely broken in by now. He may be hard to keep up with! Lol

Hey, I'm off that weekend........ I'm off almost all weekends.
I'll be efforting in that direction.
TG

Hey folks!

How about a “non-rally”? No t-shirts, no catered dinner, no swag, no official ride hq. Best of all, no fee.

Stay where you want, eat where you like, ride to your heart’s content.

View attachment 311269

When: 29april2022 (if you’re free and easy like that). For the rest of us, 30april -1may2022
(This was Little General’s traditional time slot for the Redneck Ramble event. I don’t know, but maybe he’d appreciate something happening that weekend?)

Where: Kerrville and surrounding environs

You might ask: ”You’re not going to coordinate a hotel for me? You’re not going to tell me where and when to eat? Just what are you going to do for this no fee event?”

What indeed. Proven, verified gps tracks/routes. Dual sport or pavement only routes. Rides of varying lengths to accommodate various desires. (All riding is on public roadways.)

JT and I can help coordinate groups, departure points and times. We’ll suggest lunch stops and other POI’s if ya ask.

Kerrville has accommodations for every sleeping style.

Tenting or RVing (Schreiner park or the KOA come to mind)

Hotels From The YO Ranch Hotel, Hampton or Holiday Inn to the more budget friendly, but still clean and quiet Lone Star Inn, KVL has plenty to choose from.

Resorts make it a whole family affair and stay at a full service resort like Yogi Bear’s Jellystone (on the Guadalupe River, yet right in town.)

Google away and find something that suits you!

I assume we might want to all meet at a restaurant, and that can be decided and planned ad hoc.

Let’s use this thread for discussion and planning.

Well? What say you?

I especially look forward to hearing from the folks who have been asking for a spring time Hill Country ride!

View attachment 311270
Enough talk Let’s ride!
I'm definitely interested!

Theres a distinct possibility...that in all probability...& with my positively pleasurable pastime of pavement perusement.... I'll be there
count Strom A Thon IN

Hunter House in Ingram looks to be a good bet at $90 a nite + tx...Thurs-Sat nites. Sun at $90 too...if ya want. Im reservin at least 10 rooms...so when you kno your plans...call em to switch the room(s) to your card.
Just mention my name Rod Powers & which nites.

One note though....the 10 rooms are all upstairs due to another bike groups bookin the lower level.
Rooms have been refurbished appx 3 yrs ago...no more carpet...new furniture.

Hunter House Cafe still run by the same folks for the past 17 yrs.
Open 7-2 except W-F till 7pm

Strom A Thon sez Hunter House is goood

Last edited:
Theres a distinct possibility...that in all probability...& with my positively pleasurable pastime of pavement perusement.... I'll be there
count Strom A Thon IN

Hunter House in Ingram looks to be a good bet at $70-90 a nite...Thurs-Sat nites. Sun at $70 too. Im lookin into reservin at least 5 rooms.

I'll take a room at Hunter House, Thursday thru.......

I know this is an "un-rally" but will there be a common meetup place for breakfast? Or a dinner spot one evening? Obviously it is pay on your own for the meals, but a common meetup place sorta works to get everyone together and say hi and all...

Back