• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

I would have to disagree on the latest bikes with stability assist, wheelie lift, traction control etc. I prefer a bike without all that. As long as it is fuel injected, I am good.
The three modern assists I like almost as much as fuel injection are cruise control, up down quick shifters and abs. I’m pretty indifferent about the ones you listed.

Aftermarket quick shifters such as HealTech are easy to add and simplistic. So are mechanical cruise controls which I prefer to electronic cruise control as I dislike electronic throttle control. I agree that ABS is nice to have too.

Aftermarket quick shifters such as HealTech are easy to add and simplistic. So are mechanical cruise controls which I prefer to electronic cruise control as I dislike electronic throttle control. I agree that ABS is nice to have too.
The problem with aftermarket quick shifters for cable throttle bikes is that they’re up shift only. Having an auto blipper for down shifts is awesome.

Also the only true mechanical cruise controls are very expensive and the cheap throttle locks don’t hold speed well at all. I like the feel of cable throttles better but throttle by wire is nice for those two things.

Throttle by wire aka electronic throttle control are slow to respond due to the servo motor and feel artificial. They are more prominent now due to tighter emission and noise regulations. Hence the reason why most remove the secondary throttle blades on the 1250. Adjusting them is okay but still feel artificial as the slow moving servo motor is trying to keep up with what is dialed in. I removed the secondary throttle blades along with the rod and servo motor (STVA) to eliminate any issues which the STVA is know to have. Throttle feed is now crisp and accurate. Most avoid removing as adjusting them in the ecu is much easier.

I like looking through old threads like this and thinking about how much the industry changed since the early 2000s. Bikes were so barebones back then and carburetors were just getting phased out, and nowadays they’re getting so much more reliable and powerful with tons of great features like cornering abs and radar cruise control.

It really makes me appreciate how good our options are and I think we’re in the golden era of motorcycles. Imo there’s no point in holding on to something like an old bandit unless it’s nostalgic to you.
I hold on to my because it still does everything I need, and has nearly everything I want (fuel injection, water cooling, a great headlight and a great horn, both of which I installed.) Imo there's no reason to get rid of something like an old Bandit unless it doesn't meet your requirements. I do wish it had real cruise control rather than a throttle lock, but after riding for 47 years, I find that I tend to go about the speed I want, without needing to look. I see the same effect in my car -- I'll look down when I'm in a 40mph zone and I'm going right about 40 mph. Not always, of course, but usually.

Hi all,

In my 2007 1250S, I'm going to try a diy TRE before I spend on the real thing.

Some say tre is bee's knees but others say all BS, but for $3 I can try...

I believe I can just put a 6.8k ohm resistor between 2 wires going to the ECU and leave the gps unplugged and bike will think it's in 5th all the time.

I'm thinking the only downside is that bike will never sense neutral and therefore won't be able to run it start with the kickstand down.

Anything I'm missing?

Back