• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

I got the recall in the mail a few weeks ago for the rectifier. Went and had it swapped out. To celebrate my daddy day gift from my puppies of the Sena 10C I bought me a new helmet to mount it on.......

I need a new comm system, I had a Scala Q2 on a Shoei GT Air, but someone broke into my garage and stole it. I replaced the helmet with the Scorpion T1200, but miss having music pumped in without fighting with ear buds.

I need a new comm system, I had a Scala Q2 on a Shoei GT Air, but someone broke into my garage and stole it. I replaced the helmet with the Scorpion T1200, but miss having music pumped in without fighting with ear buds.
I had speakers in my Shoei helmet but the wind noise just didn't make listing to music enjoyable. Ear buds that block the noise seems much better and the volume can be kept lower. I hate the hassle of the wires too.
Is there a helmet that is quiet at freeway speeds?

I had speakers in my Shoei helmet but the wind noise just didn't make listing to music enjoyable. Ear buds that block the noise seems much better and the volume can be kept lower. I hate the hassle of the wires too.
Is there a helmet that is quiet at freeway speeds?

No.
There are so many variables of what makes helmet quiet that all that anyone can say that there is no one single quiet helmet. It all comes down to your height, screen height, where the wind hits you, other aerodynamics of whatever.
Only way I could make my helmet as quiet as it could be was to cut down the front screen of my 1250sa bandit so that clear uninterrupted airflow would hit my helmet.
Everything else was just very loud and annoying.

So, anyone have any good tire choices for the Bandit? I am at 13K miles on my Pirelli AngelGTs, and need to replace them soon. Good tire, and I have no complaints, but would like to try something else, just to keep comparing and learning.

I went with the Angel GTs also on my last set. At 10K miles the front is getting that ridge due to the hard compound in the middle. But. every multi compound tire I've tried had them in that range. Think the GT's were the 8th set of tires I've put on this bike in it's 85,000 miles. I'm not decided on my next brand either, I'll have to study the latest tires to make up my mind. The one's I used 5 to 8 yrs ago have improved lots since then.

So, anyone have any good tire choices for the Bandit? I am at 13K miles on my Pirelli AngelGTs, and need to replace them soon. Good tire, and I have no complaints, but would like to try something else, just to keep comparing and learning.

I'm on my second set of Michelin Pilot Road 2. I got over 12k miles out of the first set. I can lean as much as I want. I've heard the P.R. 4s are just as good but better in the rain.:thumb:

Well the Angel GTs have lasted well and have done great in all weather so I kind of hate to swap, but want to know if there is something that feels better.

My tire history > 4043 Dunlop Road Smart Rear; 6556 Dunlop Road Smart Front; 12397 Bridgestone 021s; 19421 Avon Storm tires ; 26797 PR 2s installed ; 40199 PR 2s ; 52779 PR2s ; 56806 PR2 tires, sprockets/ chain/ anti-freeze / Plugs / chk fan for operation ( leaving on a trip of unknow distance and time so wanted new tires ) ; 66823 Change back to old tires with life in them ; 71228 Changed out front tire to Parilli Tourismo. Had 8631 on the Pilot Power CT2 ; 77470 Parilli Tourismo Rear tire, ; Have over 80K on the ometer at present but 7% needs to be added for true mileage on the bike due to speedohauler to correct MPH.

I'm on my second set of Michelin Pilot Road 2. I got over 12k miles out of the first set. I can lean as much as I want. I've heard the P.R. 4s are just as good but better in the rain.:thumb:

PR4's give so much more confidence in the wet.

(this is not in the wet)
angle_ns_zps4gei3uz2.jpg

(and that's km/h)

Guys who use tyres Metzeler Roadtec Z6 on bandit 1250? Tell me please how tyres?
I found two new tyres - 150$ for a two-wheel

Last edited:
Couple of snippets from today's Fathers Day present (blue skies & time alone).

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C62q9k4vj0"]20160904 Drone cnr - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xJbQjilGEE"]20160904 Burnout cnr - YouTube[/ame]

Well finally changed out the front Angel GT tire at 11,030 miles. Had a pretty good ridge where the hard center meets the softer sides. Decide to go with a Dunlop Road Smart 2 this time. Had run one of the original Road Smarts years back, in fact, checking records , were the first set after the OEM's. Gonna see if they improved them any since back then, I changed them out at about 6000 miles. Course that was 70,000 miles ago.

15K commuting miles out of my rear PR3, just had my tire guy spoon on a PR4. Bring on the Seattle rain!

Only 30K miles on my '07 but I finally got it set up to be a comfortable distance bike (thanks Sargent), hope to get some distance rides in.

Amazingly, after 8 yrs and over 82,000 miles , my low beam on the headlight finally went out. LOL! I thought I had to take a lot for stuff apart when I had to change out a headlight on my '02 R1150GS BMW. But, the '07 Bandit 1250S tops it for having to take every thing off in the front fairing. So, today, get a pair of new bulbs ( yes I'm going to change out the High Beam bulb also while it's all apart ) and do the back together process.
Bandit%20Headlight%20Change%20out-1.jpg

Yep, quite a pain. I had to replace mine last year, and wound up putting an HID bulb in. Then I had to find a place for the ballast inside the fairing. But it really works well, and provides so much light that I am actually glad it went out. I would have done it long before if I had known how much of an improvement it made to what I can see, as well as the confidence I have about being seen.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I don't always make new friends, but when I do, I like to make them using parts from old ones.

Yep, quite a pain. I had to replace mine last year, and wound up putting an HID bulb in. Then I had to find a place for the ballast inside the fairing. But it really works well, and provides so much light that I am actually glad it went out. I would have done it long before if I had known how much of an improvement it made to what I can see, as well as the confidence I have about being seen.

I thought about it yesterday but, in reality , I don't ride at night anymore so just staying stock. The way I noticed it was out was when starting the bike in front of the restaurant, and seeing the reflection in the glass. So it had just went out on my afternoon ride as I still do a preflight every time I take one of the bikes out.

So I got new pair of shoes today for my Bandit...PR4s. :trust:

The OEM rear tire was lookin' bad with 4025 miles on it. :giveup:

Last edited:
I have used PR4's (see my previous posts) & decided to try the PR4GT's, due to my weight, riding style & penchant for carrying luggage. I was scrubbing them in yesterday & felt very comfortable with them.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqm2fpR6pA"]Bandit 1250 scrubbing in PR4GT's, left peg scrape - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, this is the least activity I've seen in a while. I know I'm slammed at work with new challenges........gotta ride!

I have a problem with fuel pumps on my 2007 bandit. My original one went bad (3500 RPM max) @ only 15k miles. Replaced it with a Kemso from eBay site. It worked for about 1-1/2 hour when it started to get weak flow. I cleaned the discharge fuel screen and replaced o rings. Still no good. So the guy sent me another Kemso pump. No charge. Same thing...worked fine for 1 hour. As I tried to test higher fuel flows above 6000 RPM, it got weaker and weaker. The quicker or further that I open the throttle, the worse it runs. Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know where I can get a fuel gage set-up to tee into the line? Anyone know where to buy a reliable fuel pump?

Attachments

• 20161119_111238_1479580530897.jpg
    20161119_111238_1479580530897.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Just wondering, have you checked voltage while the pump is running on the leads going to the pump? Low voltage vs high amps can destroy an electric motor pretty fast.

Back