• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Well I got the 1.2mm/kg springs. Found a local motorcycle race shop that will do the work. really looking forward to the new setup. on another note, has anyone upgraded cams? I have the full stage 2 setup With header. I am looking for some more power out of this machine. do i have any options?

Just acquired this today...2007 1250S... factory hard bags..Pirelli Angel GT tires..VStream windscreen..slipon exhaust(not sure what it is) 15k miles...:rider:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well , after my alu top box mount broke for the 2nd time, I decide to build my own of a left over piece of iron from a piece cut out for my door.
Rack207.jpg

And, after cutting and grinding and drilling and painting, I end up with

6893439f-c294-4efd-9e12-4de7d2ba8c2c.jpg

Rack202.jpg

Could of used my drembel to smooth out weld splatters but we'll see how well it works then maybe later. But, with my MIG outfit broken and gone, I had to use my 30+ yr. old Lincoln Crackerbox with some very old 5/32 rods. Lot's of splatter. And, way out of practice.

So, fitted mounting plate for some old JC Whitney boxes from a few years ago.
2fc1e162-ce41-4ae3-9de6-929178b90a6c.jpg

Mounted the top box

Rack%205.jpg

7f19fbb6-bab1-4f95-8637-de445dc00288.jpg

And now we be back in business.
I won't need to mount the Givi big box since my LD travels are history. And probably what finally cause the Alu Mount to finally break after about 70K miles. Sigh!

Last edited:
Nice work ;-) I always hated the aerodynamics of top boxes but the trade off was the extra cargo space.

This was my last touring configuration for the last 40,000 miles.
KLR%20and%20Bandit.jpg

I ran a Cooscase for a number of years also
PICT0051.jpg

Before that I was running soft luggage. Had this set up for a trip to Canada in 2009.
26sep09009_800_x_600.jpg

Just acquired this today...2007 1250S... factory hard bags..Pirelli Angel GT tires..VStream windscreen..slipon exhaust(not sure what it is) 15k miles...:rider:

Nice looking bike, but then I am a little biased. Like achesley, I also have an '07 Sonoma red Bandit. It has proven to be an enjoyable and reliable ride. Looks like your bike has the factory seat. Many of us have upgraded to an aftermarket seat as the factory seat leaves a lot the be desired.

Congrats on the purchase and I hope that you grow to appreciate your new ride as many of us on this forum have.

I talked to race tech today. They are telling me that I should valve my gsx1250fa at c37-c38. I have the race tech 1.2 MM Springs. I’m close to 300 pound and mostly do support touring with the occasional canyon riding. I get the impression from other people on this forum that it will be way too stiff with race techs settings. Can anyone confirm before I tear these things apart

that's something you're going to have to play with. I had my front apart about 4 times after going with the Race Tech valves. I was 250 at the time.

Nice looking bike, but then I am a little biased. Like achesley, I also have an '07 Sonoma red Bandit. It has proven to be an enjoyable and reliable ride. Looks like your bike has the factory seat. Many of us have upgraded to an aftermarket seat as the factory seat leaves a lot the be desired.

Congrats on the purchase and I hope that you grow to appreciate your new ride as many of us on this forum have.
Thankyou..please elaborate further on seats...also i have to turn the footpegs to get more space between the seat and footpegs..my knees do not like tto be flexed passed 90* and they are now..if that doesnt work i will have to find some kind of footpeg extension..if that dont work them i'm gonna have to sell it and find something more comfortable..I'm 65 and had a wreck on my bike 6 months ago..I injured my right knee and its still cant be flexed beyond 90*..I barely could ride this 15 mins before i had to stop and get off..today I am gonna do the footpeg thing and readjust brake and shifter too.Hope that helps..
Two other details i dont like...1) the oem front turn signals were replaced with flush mounted ones..Stupid..from oncoming traffic's POVyou cant see them..got some oem type on stalks off ebay for 20 bucks..
and 2) the oem tail light assy was swapped out for one with a clear lens and a fricken orange/amber bulb!!! STUPID..so I bought an OEM assy off eebay also for 20 bucks.....
Other issues..I need hiway pegs..and I need more upfront and rear lighting for visibility..I need bar risers...and maybe the seat too...Oh and FWIW the seat was already in the raised position by the PO...And finally (for now..lol) I need a real horn ..like a Stebel 139db airhorn..stock horn is wimpy...

Last edited:
LOL! Sounds like you are headed down that slippery slope that many of us have encountered trying to make the bike fit us just right. I made many changes to mine and kinda enjoyed the whole process.

As far as the foot pegs are concerned, I lowered mine by flipping them over. I shortened the gear shift lever and readjusted. I rode it that way for a few months and then changed everything back to stock. I did this because I was occasionally scraping the pegs and my toes in the twisties. Like you I find it a little cramped but have learned to live with it. Fortunately, I don't have the knee problem that you have. I read over on the Maximum-Suzuki forum about some Knight Design lowered foot pegs. You may want to investigate those if flipping the factory pegs doesn't work for you.

On the seat issue, there are several options that I am aware of. I have a Sergeant seat. They come in a low and high version. I ordered a low version after some others had ordered the high version and complained that it was too high. I am ok with mine but I wish I could try the high version for a few miles. Another seat option is Corbin. If I remember correctly, achesley has one. Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance has a Corbin seat that he sells. He had a hand in designing that one. I have read many positive reviews on his seat. Then there is the Russell Day-Long seat. Quite pricey but reported to be one of the best for really long hauls.

There is a lot of useful info scattered throughout this forum. However, it may be tough to find exactly what you are looking for. Good luck and feel free to ask if you don't find what you are looking for.

LOL! Sounds like you are headed down that slippery slope that many of us have encountered trying to make the bike fit us just right. I made many changes to mine and kinda enjoyed the whole process.

As far as the foot pegs are concerned, I lowered mine by flipping them over. I shortened the gear shift lever and readjusted. I rode it that way for a few months and then changed everything back to stock. I did this because I was occasionally scraping the pegs and my toes in the twisties. Like you I find it a little cramped but have learned to live with it. Fortunately, I don't have the knee problem that you have. I read over on the Maximum-Suzuki forum about some Knight Design lowered foot pegs. You may want to investigate those if flipping the factory pegs doesn't work for you.

On the seat issue, there are several options that I am aware of. I have a Sergeant seat. They come in a low and high version. I ordered a low version after some others had ordered the high version and complained that it was too high. I am ok with mine but I wish I could try the high version for a few miles. Another seat option is Corbin. If I remember correctly, achesley has one. Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance has a Corbin seat that he sells. He had a hand in designing that one. I have read many positive reviews on his seat. Then there is the Russell Day-Long seat. Quite pricey but reported to be one of the best for really long hauls.

There is a lot of useful info scattered throughout this forum. However, it may be tough to find exactly what you are looking for. Good luck and feel free to ask if you don't find what you are looking for.
Yes sir I am slipping down that slippery slope ..:lol2: Appreciate the sage advice..The 180* rotation of the footpegs has worked..my knees are less flexed and more extended..enough to relieve the pressure...I will have to leave it that way...the rear brake pedal was adjusted and is spot on..and then the shifter was moved one notch but it was too high so back to original position.. I think its gonna work..time will tell...
Still will want to know if its possible to add some hwy pegs?
For saddles..I'd want a RDL hands down... I had one on a previous bike and it was just fantastic...the stocker has got to go...:thumbd:
I discovered that my turn signals were hyperflashing due to a PO's installation of flush mounted LED turn signals up front but out back they're incandescent bulbs..thus the flash pattern is off...I have ordered a universal set of stalked signals..should rectify the hyperflashing....
also found a stock tail light assy on ebay for 20 bucks..so its going back to stock too...cant believe the junk people add thats worthless..IMO.
She looks just as fine with out the baggage...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't offer any firsthand knowledge on the highway peg issue. I have the optional factory lower fairing. Having the lower fairing pretty much eliminates any highway peg options. I have read about people adding an engine guard and then attaching highway pegs to that. That seems to be the most popular solution. If I ever decide to remove my lowers, I will probably go that route.

I can't offer any firsthand knowledge on the highway peg issue. I have the optional factory lower fairing. Having the lower fairing pretty much eliminates any highway peg options. I have read about people adding an engine guard and then attaching highway pegs to that. That seems to be the most popular solution. If I ever decide to remove my lowers, I will probably go that route.
Ah more sage wisdom..Thanks..Yes some typeof engine guard to mount to...I have heard differing opinions as to the funtionality and usefulness of the lower fairing.I make no judgements pro or con however i do prefer to see the engine...YMMV and it has...:trust:

anybody notice that picture of the heed engine guards? the shifter is now facing to the rear? huh? does that mean the guard fits better that way? hope not! :eek2:

anybody notice that picture of the heed engine guards? the shifter is now facing to the rear? huh? does that mean the guard fits better that way? hope not! :eek2:

Umm.No I dont..I see the sidestand under the shifter which also looks to be in its correct position..:rolleyes:

based on fine customer service and fitment I am going to go with a Russell Day Long saddle once again....I've only owned this bike less than a week but the discomforts in the seat are exactly the same discomforts I had on my previous bike which was a Honda ST1100..recognizing the discomforts early...the stock seat makes it painfully obvious..at least to me..YMMV

based on fine customer service and fitment I am going to go with a Russell Day Long saddle once again....I've only owned this bike less than a week but the discomforts in the seat are exactly the same discomforts I had on my previous bike which was a Honda ST1100..recognizing the discomforts early...the stock seat makes it painfully obvious..at least to me..YMMV

How many miles are on the saddle? Mine only has 17k and I find it quite comfy, relative to my VFR and CBR1100xx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many miles are on the saddle? Mine only has 17k and I find it quite comfy, relative to my VFR and CBR1100xx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15600 miles..but I already know what I am feeling ...I have been through this before...BTW I'm 65 yrs old and I know what makes me ache and this seat checks all the boxes...so its garbage as far as I am concerned...YMMV...:mrgreen:

Oh God, I don't know my own freaking bike! how embarrassing, but I shall live to see another day. :lol2:

Hope so..no biggie ..when i had cataracts it was crazy what I thought i was seeing and what was reality.. actually its more like what I wasnt seeing :eek2:

Last edited:
Back