• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

I have what seems like a stupid question. The preload adjustment work on front forks. just turning them in increased preload? I have the factory Suzuki manual and it only mentions the three positions without referencing whether they increase or decrease.

Here is a picture of my GSX1250FA the close brother to the bandit

Attachments

• IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 338
Madstad screen, aren't they great?! I recently looked at the Madstad site and they no longer list the bandit as a bike they fit. wonder why. great screen.:rider:

Changed out my rear tire this morning with a Continental Motion M 180/55 ZR17 M/C (73W). Never tried this tire before so will be different. Cost was 99.99 bucks to my door.
At 86666 miles on the ometer but really need to add 7% to that total for actual miles due to speedohealer.
Pirelli Angel GT on got me 9196 before showing cord.
If I was still able to do long distance travel , it would be Dunlop PR3's for sure as I got great traveling miles with the PR2 back in the day.
Probably next will be Chain and sprockets along with rear brake pads. But, in the future. ;-)

Doing end of the year mileage figures .Wow ! The Corvette, even though only had it 9 month, has really cut into Motorcycle/Truck mileage this year. Corvette > 7625 miles Truck > 3369 miles ; Suzy > 3322 miles and bringing up the rear is the KLR > 1598 Miles. Next years resolution is more motorcycle miles. Gotta ride while I still can even if it's just in a 150 mile radius.

Anyone have a source for what I call frame plugs on either side of the gas tank that are triangles? I went naked and this is the last two pieces I need to finish but can’t find them anywhere.
Again they are to cover the triangle frame area on either side right below he gas tank. Any help would be much appreciated. Or if another model would fit the bandit like the 600 or 1200
Thanks,
Randy

Anyone have a source for what I call frame plugs on either side of the gas tank that are triangles? I went naked and this is the last two pieces I need to finish but can’t find them anywhere.

Again they are to cover the triangle frame area on either side right below he gas tank. Any help would be much appreciated. Or if another model would fit the bandit like the 600 or 1200

Thanks,

Randy

Fuel Tank Cushion ( triangle) part number is 44511-27E00

The rectangles are either 44541-31F00 or 445149-45330

A quick google search should reveal a source in your area or availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Shmerick, But I’m not looking for under tank pads I am looking for the small triangle fairings to plug the holes on the frame below the gas tank when you take off he front cowling/fairing to make a naked Bandit.

Last edited:
Thanks Shmerick, But I’m not looking for under tank pads I am looking for the small triangle fairings to plug the holes on the frame below the gas tank when you take off he front cowling/fairing to make a naked Bandit.

Ohhhh, sorry.

Hello,

New 2007 Bandit 1250S owner. Looking for help diagnosing a tapping sound that has something to do with the rotation. Not sure where to post this question as Im new to the forum as well.

Driving me crazy and I cant tell where its coming from. When I through it in neutral rolling to a stop is the best time to hear it as the engine is quieter. I can feel it ever so slightly as well. Almost like when you have a rock stuck in the tire kinda thing where you hear it speed up and slow down with the tire rotations. Any common issues out there that I should check out? Rotors, chain, ect? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!
Do you hear the tapping with the engine running or with it off? Only at low speed or all the time?

Hello,

New 2007 Bandit 1250S owner. Looking for help diagnosing a tapping sound that has something to do with the rotation. Not sure where to post this question as Im new to the forum as well.

Driving me crazy and I cant tell where its coming from. When I through it in neutral rolling to a stop is the best time to hear it as the engine is quieter. I can feel it ever so slightly as well. Almost like when you have a rock stuck in the tire kinda thing where you hear it speed up and slow down with the tire rotations. Any common issues out there that I should check out? Rotors, chain, ect? Thanks in advance.

Is the chain properly cleaned, lubricated, and adjusted? I’d start there, unless I misunderstood your problem.

NICE! Let is know how they fit and look please!

Getting to update this a tad..I did order the Heed engine guards off ebay...They come from Poland..ebay's estimated time for delivery was about 2 weeks...so i ordered and paid for them.well what ebay said was wrong and in reality it was 8 weeks and after the 3rd day after the initial order tracking info just stopped..and for the next 5 weeks..nothing no updates no ide where it is..then an update that it is in US Customs...then nothing for 3 more weeks until it just showed up at my door. Was pretty sure it got lost..
Now the mounting is nt complicated but the guards do use the engine to frame mounting bolts...Heed supplies the new hardware. The design of the engine guards is pretty solid and of high quality in materials and workmanship..these are not crude by any means.. I have been experiencing picture hosting site issues and ofc photbukit self destructed..so I will attempt to post some pics with a different hosting site...
20180215_134126.jpg

20180215_134138.jpg

As you can see fit and finish is high quality...looks good from any distance/angle...BTW thats a Delkevic slip on muffler..it came with the bike...looks way better than stock ;-)
20180401_132133.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S

:tab So I am curious... Are all you Bandit guys from outside of Texas finding TWT simply via Google? I would not have expected TWT to rank that high on a Bandit 1250 search :scratch: :shrug: How did you find us?
Old question..I have been on this site several years but only a Bandit owner about 6 months. I did a Google search for a Bandit 1250 forum and the search brought me right back to here..it was the the first choice...
Naturally I am reading the entire thread here..trying to learn as much as I can about these bikes...
It seems alot of what y'all went through as new buyers in trial and error for farkles and such..was already figured out on my bike by the time I got it...
No Dale Walker components..the only mods were to the front signals and rear taillight assy and the Delkevic slip on..and a V-Stream windscreen...Also the bike came with the optional expensive hard bags..color matched by Givi..I really like these..the mounts themselves detatch with 1/4 turn of the attatching hardware and the bags tthemselve can easily be taken off quickly making it a true sport bike...
I am loving all this useable torque down low in the powerband..2nd and 3rd gears pull to infinity..so it would seem...and 6th gear rollon acceleration just blows me away too..For me this is more than enough power..so I dont need or want any Holeshot performance products...This has got to be one of the very best engines in all of motorccycling..Like you all... this is an evolution in finding my comfort..At my age any bike is uncomfortable and the Bandit is no exception..this seat plain sucks..so I am in process of obtaining a RDL saddle. I cant wait..and I will update this with pics of the seat..should be on the bike by next week....Now to go back to reading..i think I left off on page 5 ..LOL

Last edited:
Is the chain properly cleaned, lubricated, and adjusted? I’d start there, unless I misunderstood your problem.

Hey guys, thank you the responses. Ive narrowed the sound down to the front brake. The sound stops instantly when I apply the front brake. I dont have a stand to be able to get the front wheel off the ground yet so I havent been able to get down there to watch it freely spin. I found a video online saying that it could be bc the rotars are "floating" and that the sound is normal but I dont like it and it sounds wrong. As soon as I can find a way to get the front wheel up, I plan to assess it. Anybody else heard this before?

I came across something posted by kewwig while looking at tb syncing.

DON't touch the screw under the throttle bodies. Nothing to do with balancing, but adjusts the primary butterflies. If it runs poorly afterwards, the TBs will need to be removed and re-adjusted with feeler gauges.

The TBs are synced in a number of ways. The NSW Bandits link above is a good one, and I have a step by step on my blog. (http://kewwibike.blogspot.com) They are simple to do, but not the same as carbs and you can bugger things up if you touch things you shouldn't.

They are synced to number 2 TB, one at a time.

I have two questions.

1) If someone were to have accidentally turned the screw under the TB, what would that do to the bike if not re-adjusted properly?

2) If the TB's can be adjusted with a feeler gauge as mentioned, does that mean making sure those are properly adjusted help with vibration?

I'm asking this because I sold my 1250 because of a vibration I couldn't get rid of despite trying everything but I fear my mechanic might have screwed something up with syncing the tb's. I miss the bike very much but my memory of a buzzy engine is holding me back.

Here's the page I found this info:

www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=54362.0

Last edited:
Back