• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

hello, On my 2007 bandit I had to cut down the rubber thingie sticking up near the bottom of the filter. K&N leads you to believe you just drop it in to replace oem filter. not so I'm afraid, but not difficult to cut either. It will fit. Good luck, Gary. :rider:

You do not have to cut anything. There are 2 o-rings (huge ones around the perimeter of original air filter) that you have to remove to fit K&N. One is on the housing body and other in the cover. Remove them intact and you can return to the original filter when you want (as I did).

You do not have to cut anything. There are 2 o-rings (huge ones around the perimeter of original air filter) that you have to remove to fit K&N. One is on the housing body and other in the cover. Remove them intact and you can return to the original filter when you want (as I did).

Thank you, I removed one of them and it seems to fit fine, I'll go looking for the second. I take it there's one on the piece that's removed and one on the airbox itself?

Has anyone added forward engine foot pegs on their Bandit? I have and engine cage and I am thinking it would be nice on long trips to be able to stretch out a little and would like to get some ideas on locations and or interference issues.
Edit: i just realized this question was brought up 2 pages ago.

Last edited:
Has anyone added forward engine foot pegs on their Bandit? I have and engine cage and I am thinking it would be nice on long trips to be able to stretch out a little and would like to get some ideas on locations and or interference issues.
Edit: i just realized this question was brought up 2 pages ago.
I was thinking of installing hwy pegs on the engine guards..but I'm not riding this as a hwy LD rider so in reality I dont need them. And riding this bike in the twisties with a new set of Michelin PR2s ..i dont even think about the footpegs..:trust:

does anyone have any suggestions for good looking/operational wind deflecting hand guards for the bandits? Figured these might work better than bulky gloves

This has been covered many times. V-strom 1000 guards work nicely. You may have to cut a few zip ties to get your cables routed around them.
t110

This has been covered many times. V-strom 1000 guards work nicely. You may have to cut a few zip ties to get your cables routed around them.
t110

I figured it had but my searched turned up no promising results. Thank you for the info, i will look into them.

The Tail light connector, should be a white connector up in the duck-tail behind the ECU.
Eastern Beaver sell a couple of looms that you can plug right into the OEM wiring if you don't fell like cutting into your own wiring:

eb_bra10.jpg

easter10.jpg

^ Thank you for that, which color wire?

Another question as well, how about a travel size rear axle nut wrench?

I've got a sidecar so space is no issue for me, but I do carry an extendable socket wrench, you might be able to get something that collapse down to fit under the seat.
a753a0041546f3d06fb17ea289fab30a.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

long time no hear Ga. glad to see you're still on forum. I've still got my Bandit but am thinking on getting a new gsx-s. Hope you are doing well

Decided to change fuel filter today.after 100000klm looks pretty dirty!
12fb0568f544636902a1f8a46c704c6c.jpg
317f982542072f40c1bfd441e90840de.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A310F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Looks is not everything. The white strainer will change it's color when it contacts gasoline. Dark does not mean dirty in this case.

Almost ashame of the mileage, or, mileage I have not put on Bandit in the past several years. But, Last year it was #2 in vehicles of the 4 I have. Must be an age thing for sure. But, just not into getting out in really hot or cold weather anymore. But, determined to roll that ometer over 100,000 while I can still ride. Now if Maw Nature and my body will agree with me and get it knocked out. LD travel days have been over quite a few years due to a crash in West Texas Mountains involving missing a deer but not being able to make the corner after that. Then, picking up a fallen KLR last November injured my back and sides of 3 more months of no riding till that healed.
But, did get 220 miles on Bandit this month and missed riding it so much. KLR still on Battery tender for last 3 months.
The point on this is a message really. Ride while you can due to the fact , you never know when the Winds of Fate will slow you down big time.
Last years mileage figures. KLR > 980 miles Truck > 4200 miles Bandit > 4300 miles Corvette > 14,400 miles. That darn Vette did it. ;-)

Good advise...I had a bad fall 10 months ago (not mc related) and broke my hip. A total right side hip replacement was done 4-15-18 and it took 7 1/2 months for me to swing my still gimpy right hip /leg over the seat and ride my Bandit and V-Strom...My Harley was ridden for the first time two days ago, that's 10 months since my mishap due to the heavier weight of the motorsicle.

It sure feels good to be riding again...you never know what's waitin' around the corner. :rider:

does anyone have any suggestions for good looking/operational wind deflecting hand guards for the bandits? Figured these might work better than bulky gloves
I was thinking of trying these https://www.twistedthrottle.com/bar...or-7-8-handlebars-single-side-inner-bar-mount, as I have the bar-end type "cruise control" so I wouldn't be able to use the typical guards that also mount to the bar-ends. You would just have to ensure you have enough clearance turn-to-turn between these and the fairing area where the handlebar controls would come closest to.

And although bulky, these might be yet another alternative choice either by themselves, or in conjunction with the above or some other type of bracing/mount to support this "soft" option. https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBR-ADV-Ge...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

t110
I figured it had but my searched turned up no promising results. Thank you for the info, i will look into them.
Ive used V Strom guards on an SV1000 with good easy mounting results....so Id bet..if others have used em on the Bandit/GSX1250F...you wont have an issue...
There is also a Kaoko throttle lock to fit the Stroms with hand guards...it should fit the Bandit too

Thanks guys, the bar end twist lock for my throttle concerned me when looking for something sturdy, and good point on the possible clearance issue with the front fairing BlueBandit.

Back