• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Here's a Break-away Cruise Control with V Strom guards, no issues with clearance except on full hard right the bottom part of the Breakaway can just touch the tank.

dsc_0612.jpg

Regarding Handguards, bar risers help with clearance. I started with straight risers and had slight contact left side.
Now with ROX risers and rotated a bit back there is no contact with the Fairing or Windshield.

Wow! Can't believe my Bandit hit the ground yesterday. 1st time since 6 yrs ago in the Texas mountains. Getting on the bike, putting the kickstand up, forgetting keys in pocket, leaning over to get keys and forgetting kickstand was up led to the ground for it and me. Sigh!. So, into a bar I went to get help to get it up and 3 guys came out and up in an instant. Knew them all and thanked them. Broken clutch lever end and small scrape on the left knee was the only damage cept to my igo for doing something so dumb. Oh well, we'll fix that and carry on in out quest to get 100,000 on the ometer. Sigh! Getting old does suck.

Wow! Can't believe my Bandit hit the ground yesterday. 1st time since 6 yrs ago in the Texas mountains. Getting on the bike, putting the kickstand up, forgetting keys in pocket, leaning over to get keys and forgetting kickstand was up led to the ground for it and me. Sigh!. So, into a bar I went to get help to get it up and 3 guys came out and up in an instant. Knew them all and thanked them. Broken clutch lever end and small scrape on the left knee was the only damage cept to my igo for doing something so dumb. Oh well, we'll fix that and carry on in out quest to get 100,000 on the ometer. Sigh! Getting old does suck.
Crap..hate when that happens..I have faired worse....Last Oct i was 4 miles from my home on the same road i live on when i went off into a drainage ditch..Country road..all earthen ditch..I totaled the Bandit and have been bikeless since...at age 66 I have decided its time to hang it up....Scary part is I havent any recollection of what happened..hit my head and had a mild concussion no other injuries...ATGATT......2 days later i find the scene of the accident and see that i went off to the left side of the road and left a 20 ft skid mark..prolly the rear tire...so from that i see i missed a mild bend/curve in the road to the right...I might have been distracted and by the time i realized what was happeneing i laid on the back brake....Just a guess as i really cant recall any details except being picked up by the EMS squad...grateful my Abdominal Aortic stents did not rupture the aneurysms that I had surgery for back in 2015..otherwise known as the AAA... Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and then 2 more ..one in each femoral arterey.
I have had 2 wrecks since 2017 and i am done..The risk of rupturing the aneurysms is too great..40+ yrs under my belt is good enough for me..I go out under my own terms...
Discretion is the better part of valour....

I have a Russell Day Long saddle that is intact and i was able to recover it from the salvage yard..it is in VGC with some light nicks and scratches from a pet dog that a previous owner had..i bought it this way..it has the heavy duty suspension for A 215# + rider...Asking $300 not incl shipping...

Last edited:
Crap..hate when that happens..I have faired worse....Last Oct i was 4 miles from my home on the same road i live on when i went off into a drainage ditch..Country road..all earthen ditch..I totaled the Bandit and have been bikeless since...at age 66 I have decided its time to hang it up....Scary part is I havent any recollection of what happened..hit my head and had a mild concussion no other injuries...ATGATT......2 days later i find the scene of the accident and see that i went off to the left side of the road and left a 20 ft skid mark..prolly the rear tire...so from that i see i missed a mild bend/curve in the road to the right...I might have been distracted and by the time i realized what was happeneing i laid on the back brake....Just a guess as i really cant recall any details except being picked up by the EMS squad...grateful my Abdominal Aortic stents did not rupture the aneurysms that I had surgery for back in 2015..otherwise known as the AAA... Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and then 2 more ..one in each femoral arterey.
I have had 2 wrecks since 2017 and i am done..The risk of rupturing the aneurysms is too great..40+ yrs under my belt is good enough for me..I go out under my own terms...
Discretion is the better part of valour....
My Wife was so glad when I finally bought a '95 Corvette in June of '16 as it took time away from the bikes. Then March of 17 , sold it and bought an 03 Vette for my 74th birthday present to me. Now it really keeps me off the bikes. But, still just love my bikes but getting I'd just rather slide into the car. She loves that. Last year > KLR 890 miles; 03 Chevy truck 4200 miles; 07 Suzuki Bandit 4300 miles ; 03 Corvette 14,300 miles.

Regarding Handguards, bar risers help with clearance. I started with straight risers and had slight contact left side.
Now with ROX risers and rotated a bit back there is no contact with the Fairing or Windshield.
New to the Bandit here. How high are your risers, did you need to change any hoses/lines? Thinking about SW Motec up 1" back 3/4". For handguards, I have a 2016 Bandit, so try a 2016 V-Strom 1000 handguards?

New to the Bandit here. How high are your risers, did you need to change any hoses/lines? Thinking about SW Motec up 1" back 3/4". For handguards, I have a 2016 Bandit, so try a 2016 V-Strom 1000 handguards?
You should be fine, the brake hose may need adjusting. I’m not sure on the hand guards. My 2008 came with the first gen Strom guards. I found a next gen for the left side, better fit, for cheap new on Ebay.
I think the 3rd gen have the flat sections on them.
Edit: Here you go: Note these only have clearance for the levers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuin...:Pm4AAOxy2HFSaC3j:sc:USPSPriority!54009!US!-1

Last edited:
Good morning everyone,

Im suddenly having a starting issue and am looking for help. Not sure if there is a better thread for it or not but here goes. Since this past Sunday morning the Bandit 1250S will not start while leaning on the side kickstand. It does not seem to be related to the kickstand function as it starts up fine as soon as I stand the bike back up with the kickstand still down. It is related to the bike leaning. I have to stand the bike up straight, wait a couple of seconds and then it starts right up just fine. Once it is started, I can then lean it back onto the side stand and it runs/idles perfectly. I assume it is fuel line related. Last weekend before it began doing this, I replaced the handlebars and everything seems to be in place but there is of course a chance that Ive pinched something or whatever. At first I thought that something must have gotten wet when I washed it as that was the first time I noticed it happening. But it has been 4 days now and nothing is wet now. When I try to start it while leaning on the side stand, the pump primes and the blue oil light comes on along with a red light as well and it wont start. I check the oil level and it seems to be where it is supposed to be. Once running, everything sounds and feels fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Part two of my question is, can anyone suggest a new throttle tube for an 07 Bandit 1250S? Id like to look into decreasing the amount of twist needed, but the main issue it that the bike had heated grips on it and when I changed the handlebars, I removed them and the tube it kinda crappy. I need to buy a new one and am considering the upgrade to the 1/4 or 1/2 turn tubes while doing it.

I’d suggest checking the tip over switch (near the battery). There is a rubber cover over it that clips onto a hard plastic piece. Mine was resting in there by the battery and I had similar issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d suggest checking the tip over switch (near the battery). There is a rubber cover over it that clips onto a hard plastic piece. Mine was resting in there by the battery and I had similar issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brcol,

Thank you for the info. This is almost certainly what it is because last weekend when I uninstalled the heated grips, I had chased the wiring for it back to the battery and was fooling with exactly what you are describing. Hopefully, I didnt damage it.

And yesterday, Suzy Da Bandit got a new front tire and new brake pads at 92, 682 miles on the clock. Hopefully the weather is more better today so we can knock out a quick 100 mile run to break the tire and pads in.
Seems the older I get , the less I want to get on either the Bandit or KLR for bad weather conditions. I really think that darn Vette has me spoiled.

Attachments

• Bandit new tire and brakes.jpg
    Bandit new tire and brakes.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 664
I am going out on what may be my last great adventure; I will be riding from Alabama to Bozeman, MT, 2000 miles, no plans except a route. I will fly back to Alabama tomorrow morning (my bike is still there), and let it bring me home (I have lived in Bozeman now for 3-4 months).

I will continue to ride, but I doubt I'll do anything this radical again! Looking forward to a great ride and a great time.

Dave Kelsen
--
"People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am going out on what may be my last great adventure; I will be riding from Alabama to Bozeman, MT, 2000 miles, no plans except a route. I will fly back to Alabama tomorrow morning (my bike is still there), and let it bring me home (I have lived in Bozeman now for 3-4 months).

I will continue to ride, but I doubt I'll do anything this radical again! Looking forward to a great ride and a great time.

Dave Kelsen
--
"People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I so remember my 1st trip to Montana in '97 on my '95 R11GS. It for sure was not the last. The last trip there in 2012 was on my present '07 Bandit. Funny remembrance was after going through Glacier and taking a break at West Glacier, met a guy my age on a bike of course, and he and I were discussing rides about the USA. He asked if I had done Beartooth and No, had not but had done Chief Joseph years back. I was really headed to Washington State then down though California when he made a statement that changed my plans. " You know, at our age, we never know when our last ride gonna be so we need to see what's new when can and Bear Tooth is one of my finer rides in my life of riding. " Being as I had really already done the Washington to S. California run along the coast and other places before on both my R11GS and R1150GS, I changed my route to go see Bear Tooth. So glad I did as it was breath taking. And a few years later, the crash in W. Texas pretty much ended my LD Travels.

Like WOW! This tire was not showing cord before my last 100 Plus mile ride. When to get it up for an inspection today after already doing my '03 Silverado and '00 KLR. What! Back tire was flat! Put the air to it and put it in the centerstand to inspect for leak. Well, did get it inspected, AND DID order a new rear tire today.

Installed yesterday Mich RP 2 to match the front I changed last week. Also change the brake disks and the a break in of the tire this morning with a 71 mile back road run. This tire change should do me for the 6900 miles I need to get to 100 K Miles on the speedo. Would be a lot closer if had not done the speedohealer just a few weeks after getting the bike 11 years ago.

In February of 2019, I moved to Bozeman, Montana from Wetumpka, Alabama. I came driving a U-Haul truck, pulling my car behind me, and I was forced to leave my motorcycle in Alabama. (You can't pull a trailer behind a trailer, and the truck wasn't big enough to put the motorcycle inside it.)

At that point, I hadn't ridden my motorcycle (a 2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250S) for many months. The last time I had ridden, I had gotten about 15 miles from home and found that the clutch wouldn't engage. I waited a couple of hours and was able to get home, although the clutch was slipping mightily all the way. I had done some research on the problem, and ordered some clutch springs, hoping that those springs were the reason the clutch was slipping, although I knew that was unlikely. The clutch springs were not the problem.

When spring came to Bozeman, I began to miss my motorcycle, and was reminded every time I saw or heard another bike. My wife Melodie pointed out that now would probably be a good time to go to Alabama and fetch it, and I very much agreed. For only a smidge more than $200, I flew to Atlanta, Georgia on Tuesday the 14th of May. My youngest daughter Miranda picked me up and took me to Wetumpka. In Wetumpka, my friend Phil had gotten my motorcycle to the shop (15 miles away in Montgomery, Alabama) on Saturday the 11th, and they had promised to look at it when they could get to it.

The folks at the bike shop (Adams Motorsports) looked at my bike on Wednesday or Thursday, and called me Thursday evening, the 16th. They told me that my clutch master cylinder was broken, and the parts and accompanying costs would come to just over $600. Not having much choice, I told them to order the parts. The waiting game began.

I had hoped that the bike could and even would be repaired by the time I got to Wetumpka on the 14th; in fact, it was not repaired until Saturday, the 25th of May. I picked it up late that afternoon, and prepared to leave Wetumpka for Bozeman early in the morning of the 26th.

I would like to say that the folks at Adams Motorsports understood the problem. They repaired and resolved it correctly, and even would up charging me a bit less than the quoted price. They do good work!

I left my friend Phil's house in Wetumpka, Alabama at 0700 on Sunday, the 26th of May. My goal for the day was to ride roughly 650 miles, and stay with a friend in Springfield, Missouri. It took me over 11 hours, because I had to stop more often than I normally would -- my hind-end was not used to riding the way it had been, and when I sat on the bike more than about an hour, I was quite uncomfortable. But the day passed without incident, at I arrived at my friend Dave's place on the north side of Springfield around 6:30 in the evening. I had been in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas and Missouri that day; the heat in Alabama and Mississippi had been quite intense, but I had had no problems with the bike or the ride, and I was quite pleased to complete more than 30% of my ride in one day, because it meant I could ride somewhat less (about 450 miles) on each of the other three days. Dave, his wife Donna and I engaged in interesting talk about nothing specific, and they provided me with a lovely place to shower and sleep.

The next day was Memorial Day, the 27th of May. I left Springfield a little later (close to 9 AM) than I had wanted to, but I had a lovely breakfast with Dave and Donna, and it was well worth it. My goal for that day was to reach Sioux Falls, South Dakota. About 20 minutes after I started the day's ride, I ran in to a sudden and very hard rainfall; even some of the tractor-trailer rigs had pulled over to the side of the road. I wanted to, but if I had, I would have simply been sitting in the rain, getting wetter and wetter. So I continued riding, albeit slowly. About 9 miles (maybe 15 minutes) up the road, I pulled over at a Pilot truck stop. I was so cold (despite it being over 60 degrees) that I had been shivering near the end of those 9 miles. All of the clothing I had on was soaked through, and I was wet all the way to my bones! I gathered myself, getting a bit warmer, then went to the bike and got dry clothes out of my duffel bag. I managed to change all of my clothing in a bathroom stall, although it was a slow and laborious process. But I did start to get warm at that point, and I felt much more like a human being. In relatively short order, I got back on the bike and continued my trip. As I rode north in Missouri, I noticed that there had been a lot of rain, and as I traversed Iowa I saw that many of the Interstate 29 exits were closed, and had standing water on them. I got to Sioux Falls (about 575 miles up the road) around 8 PM.

In the motel room that night, I saw that there was rain predicted the next day from one end of my next day's route (crossing South Dakota on I-90) to the other. I went to sleep contemplating that, and when the weather prediction was unchanged the next morning, I chose to stay in Sioux Falls for an extra day. My 4-day trip had become a 5-day trip. I put the extra day to good use, getting some good rest.

After spending the night of the 27th and all of the 28th in Sioux Falls, I headed out (in the rain) to get to Rapid City, South Dakota on the morning of the 29th. I couldn't wait until 11 AM, when the rain was generally predicted to stop, but I knew that the rain was headed east and I was headed west. I bet that I would run out from under it in short order, and so it was. I only rode in the rain for about 30 miles, and since I already had my rain gear on, I didn't get wet at all. However, about 5 miles after I got out of the rain, my instrument panel went blank. There was a short somewhere, no doubt due to water creeping in to some spot it should not have gotten. I was resigned to finishing the trip (about 800 miles) with no instrumentation, but the engine was running fine, and I just kept going. About 10 minutes later, my electronics rebooted! My clock had been reset, but I had a working speedometer, tachometer and odometer. I guess that the wind and/or the vibration took care of the water, and the short went away. I was very pleased!

The rest of the trip across South Dakota was entirely uneventful, and I got to Rapid City (quite close to the Mt. Rushmore memorial in the Black Hills) quickly; although I had gone less than 400 miles, I wasn't comfortable going any farther with no guarantee of finding a place to stay, given the sparse population of the area would be riding in to. So a short and successful day, and I was mentally prepared for the final leg, from Rapid City, South Dakota to my home in Bozeman, Montana the next day.

Alas, it was not to be.

I left Rapid City early in the morning of the 30th of May, and planned to get home around 3 PM. After I had ridden 175 miles or so, I stopped to relieve myself. Now, I generally do a little inspection each time I am about to start out again; this time, I happened to glance down at my rear tire and saw a nail sticking out of the middle of the tread. My heart dropped. I was about 15 miles from the next town, which was Ashland, Montana, on highway 212. As the tire was not leaking air that I could discern, I starting riding at a reduced speed toward Ashland. Just as I got there, the rear end of my motorcycle started feeling a little squirmy, and I knew what that meant. I stopped and checked, and sure enough, I had already lost a great deal of my tire pressure.

Now this presented a real problem. I was in the middle of Ashland, and had not seen a gas station yet, much less a service station. I went in to the establishment I was closest to and asked if there was anyone who worked on tires in town. I was told that Fred did, at the hardware store. Hmmmm. So I walked back down the street to the hardware store and asked for Fred. When I talked to him, he informed me in no uncertain terms that he did not work on motorcycle tires, even if they were off the motorcycle. Nor did he sell any. Nor would he help me in any other way. He said something about liability, but that didn't make sense, nor seem to matter in any case. I rarely get myself into a situation that I can't get out of, but this was looking ominous.

On the way back to the motorcycle, I passed a little bar. Well, my friends.... I went in to the bar, and there were no customers. The young lady who was the bartender asked me how I was today. Sigh. I told her I was having the worst day I had experienced in a while, and gave her a few details. After I got a beer, she said, "Let me call my dad and see if he can help. He worked on motorcycles for years." "Great," I replied, interested if not hopeful. She called him, and he said he would come by. After I finished my second beer, her dad showed up. Leroy is somewhere in his fifties, and a truly nice guy. We went back to where the bike was, and rolled it down the street to the next building. He went and knocked on the door to the house, and the owner, Al, came out. He didn't have a problem with me having the bike in front of his house while I tried to figure it out, and we had a little conversation. He too had driven a tractor-trailer, so we hit it off just fine.

Leroy had the tools to take my rear wheel off the bike, and did so with alacrity. Then we began mentally casting about for a solution. He didn't like Fred (from the hardware store) a bit. Leroy opined that the nearest place I might be able to get a tire was Miles City; I looked up the bike shop there and called them, but they did not have a tire that would fit my bike. The next place that might was in Billings, Montana, about 130 miles away. I called them, and they did have one.

I called my wife and explained the situation. A tow truck was about $600, out of the question. Finally, Melodie decided on a course of action. She would leave work early, and drive to Ashland, stopping on the way in Billings to pick up the tire. Leroy had things to do, including driving to Miles City, but said that on the way back, if I hadn't gotten the job done, he would stop and help. I began to try to take the old, ruined tire off the wheel. Not having the proper tools, or even an elevated surface to work on, I spent a long time trying to break the bead of the tire with two screwdrivers. After nearly two hours, I did get the tire broken loose on one side. I took a break and got something to eat, belately realizing I had not eaten or drunk anything that day, excepting the coffee I had had early in the morning. After eating and resting a bit, I went back to the wheel. About 90 minutes in, I had not been able to break the bead on the other side of the tire, and was entirely enervated. Melodie was on her way with the new tire (a trip one way of about 275 miles). I went next door and purchased some water, and asked if I might wash my hands. The little store had several signs telling all and sundry that they did not provide a public restroom, but the proprietess grudgingly let me wash my dirty, greasy hands.

When I came out of the bathroom, there was my wonderful wife! I could see that she was a bit taken aback by my appearance, clearly exhausted and frustrated beyond all bounds. She got something to eat as well, and I rested a few minutes. Going back next door to the bike, it was clear that I would not get the old tire off that evening, and that when I did, I would have trouble getting the new one on. I had been planning on sleeping in the grass -- I've done that sort of thing before, although I was not looking forward to it. Melodie demurred, insisting that she would stay, and we would get a motel room. She was a lot better at evaluating the situation than I, especcially at that point.

We left the bike, and went down the road to the end of town I had not reached yet, where there were two gas stations and a fleabag motel. We got a room, and as tired as I was, I began to get a bit of energy and optimism back.

In the morning, we went back to the bike. Cyrilla, the young bartender, stopped by to see how the task was going. Not much later, her dad came by. He had the tools I needed, and got the new tire on the wheel in short order. Melodie, seeing that I was going to manage with Leroy's help, went back to Bozeman, knowing she had saved my sanity, if not my life.

Leroy would not even go to Fred's just to put air in the tire, so we rode back to his place, 5 miles out of town, and aired it up. We then returned to the bike, and got the wheel back on properly in very little time. After thanking him profusely (and giving him a well-earned $50 for his trouble), I rode to the other end of town, got some fuel, and headed for the house.

I got back to Bozeman around 3 PM on Friday, the 31st of May, having turned the 4-day ride into a 6-day adventure, and despite the negatives, having had my faith in mankind restored. And owing my Melodie a very big debt!

Attachments

• bike trip 1.jpg
    bike trip 1.jpg
    501.7 KB · Views: 628
  • bike trip 2.jpg
    bike trip 2.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 658
  • bike trip 3.jpg
    bike trip 3.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 580
  • bike trip 3.jpg
    bike trip 3.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
OK, I have decided I need a top case; I already have Givi monokey bags, but it is nearly impossible to find out clearly what is required to mount up a top case. I do not have any sort of luggage rack, but it appears that a luggage rack is required, in order to attach the mounting plate that the Givi top cases use.

Is this correct? Can someone tell me specifically what is required (I'm looking at you, Andrus; you had pictures of your build, but they no longer show). Does the grab rail need to be removed? Will a luggage rack fit, given that the side bags are already attached where (again, apparently) the luggage rack will have to be attached? And does anyone have any specific sources for a luggage rack and/or a Givi top case that will hold a full-face helmet?

Thanks.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen

Kelsen,
Been a lot of years since I put the original rack on.

And after many mile it did crack, had bro in law weld it, and it cracked again.

Here is one of the better pics when I had all together.

Then, 2 years ago , after it had cracked again, I decided to just build my on our of 1/4" Steel plate. So far and about 6K miles later, it's all good.

Rack202.jpg

I swap between three tail trunks. JC Whitney, Cooscase and Large Givi.

Kelsen,
Been a lot of years since I put the original rack on.
View attachment 235859

And after many mile it did crack, had bro in law weld it, and it cracked again.

View attachment 235860
Here is one of the better pics when I had all together.

Then, 2 years ago , after it had cracked again, I decided to just build my on our of 1/4" Steel plate. So far and about 6K miles later, it's all good.

View attachment 235862

Rack202.jpg

View attachment 235863
View attachment 235864

I swap between three tail trunks. JC Whitney, Cooscase and Large Givi.

Thank you, sir. I have learned that there are three pieces involved:

1.) the base (the piece you fabricated), which I can buy for $91 (there's a really nice one for just more than double that amount at Holeshot)
2.) the plate or adapter, which attaches in between the base and the luggage, connecting them, which I can buy for $55-65
3.) the bag itself. I am tired of having to either haul my helmet around or worry about it being stolen when I'm travelling. I'm looking at the 40L.

Thanks again. If I get back down south again, I would like to look you up and go for a little ride.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen

Kelsen,
This was my last travel set up when I was touring the states. Since I had to quit camping and start motels , the load was much lighter. That big givi trunk held two full helmet.s the Cooscase I put on last week holds one easy.

Last edited:
Couple of things Kelsen, I wasn't able to use the Corbin back rest with my Top Box setup, I think from your photo you have one fitted as well. However there are Givi versions that attach to the boxes themselves, one as shown by Achesley above.

Secondly just remember that all Givi Top Boxes (Mono-key) are rated to a max 10kg allowed weight, even though there are a number of different cubic capacities.

Third, whilst Achesley's mount itself looks super strong and has passed the test of time, just a word of warning there has been instances where the bike frame itself cracks at those grab handle bolts. I'm not sure what type of setup broke the mount in the picture below, however the Givi kit has a support bar that not only uses these two bolts but also extends the weight load to a third point further up the frame.

broken10.jpg

539fz_10.jpg

pl539_10.jpg

Couple of things Kelsen, I wasn't able to use the Corbin back rest with my Top Box setup, I think from your photo you have one fitted as well. However there are Givi versions that attach to the boxes themselves, one as shown by Achesley above.

Secondly just remember that all Givi Top Boxes (Mono-key) are rated to a max 10kg allowed weight, even though there are a number of different cubic capacities.

Third, whilst Achesley's mount itself looks super strong and has passed the test of time, just a word of warning there has been instances where the bike frame itself cracks at those grab handle bolts. I'm not sure what type of setup broke the mount in the picture below, however the Givi kit has a support bar that not only uses these two bolts but also extends the weight load to a third point further up the frame.

View attachment 235957
View attachment 235958
View attachment 235959

Thank you, Barry, for the information, and taking the time to put it together.

I don't have the tools to fabricate a plate like AChesley did, but I probably would not anyway. I will buy the Monorack arm set that Givi makes, currently available for $90.90 from a couple of places. The thing I don't like about that setup is that it sits higher than it needs to; if I were able to, I'd use it, but remove the grab handle on the bike, and cut the arms down so that they were 1 - 1 1/2" lower. Still, I will buy and use them.

I do indeed have the Corbin back rest, but taking it out is no problem, and the top box itself will serve as a back... stop, if you will, for my wife. If that seems too hard for her to come in contact with, then I will buy a pad for the top box. I have pretty much decided on the V40NA 40 litre case; it seems to be the smallest readily available case that will hold a full-face helmet.

Which means that I will also buy the M5 (Monokey) plate, unless there is a Bandit-specific plate, which I can't find at Givi's site, and which I do not believe exists.

Thanks again for the help, and for being generous with your time.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
It should be illegal to say that freedom of speech should be limited.

Back