• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Looks like you're going to need them!

Issued by The National Weather Service
Oklahoma City, OK
11:15 am CDT, Fri., Mar. 27, 2009
... WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT SATURDAY...
THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT SATURDAY.
SNOW IS FORECAST TO BEGIN FALLING OVER SOUTHWEST OKLAHOMA BY LATE MORNING AND SPREAD EASTWARD INTO PORTIONS OF CENTRAL OKLAHOMA THIS AFTERNOON. THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THUNDERSNOW. SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO FALL FRIDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY BEFORE ENDING. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS GREATER THAN 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.
&&
More Information

... MAJOR WINTER STORM TO AFFECT OKLAHOMA AND PORTIONS OF WESTERN NORTH TEXAS...
.A POWERFUL STORM SYSTEM WILL IMPACT MOST OF OKLAHOMA AND NORTH TEXAS THROUGH SATURDAY. HEAVY SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL OVER PARTS OF NORTHERN... WESTERN... AND CENTRAL OKLAHOMA... AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN SOME AREAS. STORM-TOTAL SNOWFALL COULD REACH UNPRECEDENTED LEVELS FOR EARLY SPRING. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL MAKE TRAVEL EXTREMELY DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE... ESPECIALLY OVER NORTHWEST PORTIONS OF OKLAHOMA.

Weather update. CO was not as bad as you might think. Driving home yesterday was not fun with visability under 5', but now it is over and you should not have any issues. I live in Pueblo West and we did not get to much snow.

Mark

Attachments

• DSC00370.jpg
    DSC00370.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC00371.jpg
    DSC00371.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 285
terizius..

You may sneak through this ok , the ground temps are quite warm and the snow will melt off in a hurry. Your route seems to circle around the area with the projected heaviest snow accumulations.

It is pounding hailsones at my house at the moment , now THAT is a no-ride event :eek2:

Last edited:
terizius..

You may sneak trough this ok... Your route seems to circle around the area with the projected heaviest snow accumulations.

Doommed from the start, Oh the inhumanity of it all!

If only terizius had the Fast Black.......................

.......:rider::rofl::mrgreen:

My buddy has a black bike.. I'll just meekly follow in his glory. Headed out at about 0700 in the morn. Wish me luck!

Thanks, and of course. I'll probably do it like last time. Put notes in Google Maps. Tis the time, Adios my friends!

Re: The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S

A tip I read suggests putting aluminum foil underneath the oil filter to protect from drips onto the pipes. I did this at my last change and it really helped keep things clean...

thanks for the tinfoil tip good idea.

Good luck T. Don't know how or why you do it but I salute you:hail:

I got my Busa:dude: I'll post some riding impressions later but it's really an amazing bike. It's funny though the Bandit isn't that far off the mark and the comparison is not as lopsided as you would think.

Attachments

• My Girls.jpg
    My Girls.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 299
Some one was fixing to put a Busa shock on a Bandit and let us know how much it raised the back of the Bandit. Did it ever happen? Was kinda waiting on a response before getting one off Ebay.

I got my Busa:dude: I'll post some riding impressions later but it's really an amazing bike. It's funny though the Bandit isn't that far off the mark and the comparison is not as lopsided as you would think.

Nicely done, congrats. I love the look of the new Busa....

trey

What did you end up paying for that beast. How does the Bandit compair ('B' mode?) How is the ('A', 'B', 'C') mode on the busa. Be careful out there, the cops really look for those bikes.

Mark

Some one was fixing to put a Busa shock on a Bandit and let us know how much it raised the back of the Bandit. Did it ever happen? Was kinda waiting on a response before getting one off Ebay.

I got one. It will raise the rear about an inch depending on the combined weight (rider,gear, bags, toys). No, I haven't put it on yet but I'll have plenty of time since I just got laid off.

No, I haven't put it on yet but I'll have plenty of time since I just got laid off.

I got laid off on Dec 18th, but I now have a good job interview on Tuesday. Going from ~75K year to ~37K year. Gotta love the job market now.

Mark

The Busa looks really sweet - I have to admit it scares me a bit too :rider:

Here is my latest "mod" (not really much of one).

I installed a gear indicator. I went with the new GIPro DS which is smaller than the "regular" one. I spent a few days toying with where to put it and finally decided to cut a hole on the right side dash and mounted it flush with the dash, but hanging out over towards the right.

The pictures still have some of the silicone I used to secure it in place. It's a very snug fit (I was very careful and slow) and it looks a lot better than the pictures indicate because of the silicone slop that I'll rub off tomorrow. Honestly is almost looks stock.

The thing works great, the rest of the install is just a direct plug into an existing socket on the bike. No fuss, no programming - nothing, couldn't be easier. :sun:

Not a necessary mod really, but sometimes I get confused or lose track of what gear I'm in. :doh:

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 293
The Busa looks really sweet - I have to admit it scares me a bit too :rider:

Here is my latest "mod" (not really much of one).

I installed a gear indicator. I went with the new GIPro DS which is smaller than the "regular" one. I spent a few days toying with where to put it and finally decided to cut a hole on the right side dash and mounted it flush with the dash, but hanging out over towards the right.

The pictures still have some of the silicone I used to secure it in place. It's a very snug fit (I was very careful and slow) and it looks a lot better than the pictures indicate because of the silicone slop that I'll rub off tomorrow. Honestly is almost looks stock.

The thing works great, the rest of the install is just a direct plug into an existing socket on the bike. No fuss, no programming - nothing, couldn't be easier. :sun:

Not a necessary mod really, but sometimes I get confused or lose track of what gear I'm in. :doh:

That looks good, the size is really perfect now. Where did you get it from?

What did you end up paying for that beast. How does the Bandit compair ('B' mode?) How is the ('A', 'B', 'C') mode on the busa. Be careful out there, the cops really look for those bikes.

Mark

$13K out the door with tax & tags. That was the best deal I could find between the 3 dealers here and without digging through the internet to find the rock bottom deal. It was cool as I got the first one out of the dealership. Another guy was buying a silver one too but he hadn't picked it up. Always wanted to do that.

The drive modes don't really make a huge difference. C is a bit sluggish, B & A seem about the same. I would say the Bandit (with full stage 2) compares pretty well to the Busa to about 7500 rpm on the Busa, then the whole world jumps at you like you just went light speed. I was expecting a crazy bull but the Busa is actually a teddy bear unless you keep twisting the right hand.

The real thing is handling. The Busa feels like it's connected to your brain. It turns so easy that you can actually find yourself turning in short (did that several times). Another eye opener is that the Bandit sort of falls into a lean, where the Busa leans in and you can literally turn circles around the Bandit on the Busa. My buddies were calling me crazy because I was grounding the hero blobs after having the bike for 4 hours on new tires. Truth is I had no idea I was in it that hard - bike is so easy to lay over and is solid as a rock. Get the Bandit over this far and chances are you ain't coming back up!

Brakes on the Busa are amazing. People say the Busa brakes aren't that good but they feel way stronger than the Bandit. Truth is it is real easy to lock up a tire. I have gotten spoiled with the ABS on the Bandit - have to learn to modulate the brakes again.

Suspension is still a little tight and harsh. Dealer says it will take about 600 miles to really losen up fully - then is can be adjusted as necessary. Bike feels pretty solid now but there is some squat on acceleration.

So I took the Bandit out tonight just to compare. My first thought was man, this is one easy bike to ride. The Bandit is also smoother than the Busa. Busa is always rattling and vibrating - like a bull or something. I would call the Busa fun to ride and the Bandit relaxing to ride.

So why do I need a bike that can go 180+ mph? Having spent the day with the Busa I think the real question is if you can have a great engine that's fun to ride (legally) and you can have the fastest bike on the planet - why wouldn't you want one?

Attachments

• Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Rear view.jpg
    Rear view.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 281
Okay arch, now I gotta come up there so you can prove it to me. We can compare my bandit to yours and then you can run circles around me on the busa for some fun.

BTW: The scrapes on my pipe came from the road in a turn, not laying it down. What tires you running again?

What you said about the handling is different then what I have heard. I heard that the Busa is not that agile (albeit not the 09). They must have changed the suspension some from the 08. I am green with envy right now. Keep it safe.

Mark

I saw same color at the shop the other day....Nice!

What you said about the handling is different then what I have heard. I heard that the Busa is not that agile (albeit not the 09). They must have changed the suspension some from the 08. I am green with envy right now. Keep it safe.

Mark

I was comparing the handling to the Bandit. It feels much heaver than the GSXR1000 and those would probably run circles around the Busa. Also with the brakes, they feel strong to me but compared to other sportbikes probably not so impressive.

I got one. It will raise the rear about an inch depending on the combined weight (rider,gear, bags, toys). No, I haven't put it on yet but I'll have plenty of time since I just got laid off.

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Looks like it is gonna get worst before it gets better.
I took a voluntary layoff/quit in January so a younger guy could have a job awhile longer. I was fixing to retire in a bit anyway. Got all my SS and Medicare done. Still waiting on VA to come around.
Now I really and truly reverted back to my childhood, way more time than money. ha ha ha .

Back