• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2019 Craigslist Thread

10k redline?? :drool:

Cream puff KLR.
Not sure about the wrap on it but it's in great shape.

Cream puff KLR.
Not sure about the wrap on it but it's in great shape.

Looks like Shinko 705's on it and ignition is pretty scathed up along with brake side cover. .Is that a parking pass under plate? Probably rode to the mailbox once a week. Could have been parked for 12 years. Maybe if it's real not a bad deal.

That's where Smith's tachs stopped. Even on a race prepped bike, valve float would have governed the motor long before 10K. I believe I read where some of the Wilson prepared land speed record bikes ran closer to 7500, but that's my failing memory. Some of his riders are still around. Maybe some of the guys at Big D in Dallas could speak with more authority.

Pictures are of different bikes, blue wheels vs black wheels and pillion pad vs no pillion pad.

Looks to be a really nice original survivor at a reasonable price.

Friend has this bike for sale in Arkansas. It is a beaut, in perfect condition.

Bike: 2016 BMW R 1200 RS Premium
Miles: 14,600
Trades wanted: none
Warranty remaining: one year or 21.4K miles
Price $12,500

Life is getting in the way of my travel plans and I'm not able to go like I used to. Therefore, I need to get rid of a bike. I don't need two bikes sitting in the garage to remind me that I'm not going anywhere.

I love this bike. It has performed flawlessly over it's 14K miles. If there is a scratch anywhere on this bike I haven't found it. The premium edition comes with Dynamic ESA, Cruise, Shift Assist, ABS, Keyless Ignition, Powerlet under pillion seat and Chrome Exhaust.

Comes with the following:
Roadsmart III tires with 1400 miles on them - someone always asks
BMW panniers (left and right only)
Sargent seat - front only
Stock seat
Aeroflow- Touring medium wind screen
Stock wind screen
Puig rear hugger
Illium Works bar risers
Illium Works side stand foot
Tech Spec tank pads
SW Motech crash bars

Anyone heard of a Sears motorcycle? Kinda looks like an old Honda.

Anyone heard of a Sears motorcycle? Kinda looks like an old Honda.

I had a Sears moped in the 70's. that might make some curious yard art, but not much else.
is that an open carb slider, and what the heck is that thing where the head is supposed to be?

Those Sears bikes If it is the one I am thinking of, cooled like a lawn mower. With a fan. They could run all day and not move.
Anyone else remember this? Cushman's were that way and I loved them, even today. That sears scoot is some kind of ugly.

Looks like they were made by Puch, Piaggio, Cushman or Gilera so it could be exciting.

A neighbor in the 70's had a Puch, a CZ, a Bultaco, and a Maico. I was 14. He was selling them to move, and I wound up with the Bultaco 125 after mowing a lot of yards and helping him pack stuff he didn't want his wife to throw out. The Puch was already sold, I had no idea what a CZ was, and he wouldn't let me ride the Maico, probably why I am still here today. The 'Taco had issues, but when it ran it regularly threw me off, prompting my parents to have one of those come to Jesus talks, and I wound up with a Bridgestone 90 Sport. At least it was easier to keep running.

A neighbor in the 70's had a Puch, a CZ, a Bultaco, and a Maico.

OOPS. After playing in the memory a bit longer, he didn't have a Puch, it was a Zundapp.
I never saw the guy again, and no clue what happened to the Maico.
On reflection I wish I'd glommed on to the CZ.

I did ride a Maico 400 once during the dirt years. Scared the living dog poo out of me several times.
That and an H1 Kawasaki remain the scariest bikes I ever rode.

Growing up in the UK Puch offered the 1st 12 speed which was THE bike to have. Of course, I didn't :(

I had a 79 Maico 400 Magnum. One of the best bikes I have ever owned.

My '79 440 GS was a great bike. Fast, easy to ride and bulletproof. But, the clutch gave me a lifetime case of elbow tendonitis.

Back