• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2019 Craigslist Thread

Not quite Craigslist....
Saw this old trials bike on Facebook.

Co-worker selling. This is like brand new... 4650 miles!!!

Rob, is it posted on motohouston? Probably would be a better market for it.
Edit: posted it for you.

Last edited:
Rob, is it posted on motohouston? Probably would be a better market for it.
Edit: posted it for you.

Rats! Thanks, Jay, but wish I had checked back here first. I just posted an ad also.

Not quite Craigslist....

View attachment 238610

Certainly no the stock seat. Hard to resist calling the guy, but I have one trials bike I'm not riding enough now. You never know though...

Not quite Craigslist....

View attachment 238610
My wife ought to be happy I dont have facebook right now lol.

Price seems odd. But a cool bike for sure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rats! Thanks, Jay, but wish I had checked back here first. I just posted an ad also.
I was the passenger on the way up, so I did it. I had forgot to mention their CL thread is under the General sub-fourm and wasn't sure if you found it or not. Guess so. Maybe it will increase his odds?

There is no way on God's Green Earth even if it is all new parts that the thing is worth $11k! OMG the world is crazy.

And just how many princes do they have? :rofl:

Not as many as the number of deeply religious widows with cancer whose husbands were banking hoohahs who "found" a huge pile of money that wasn't being watched and who would like me to invest it for them. :wary:

Not as many as the number of deeply religious widows with cancer whose husbands were banking hoohahs who "found" a huge pile of money that wasn't being watched and who would like me to invest it for them. :wary:
Decipher please.

Decipher please.

I don't get phishing emails from Nigerian princes; I get them from cancer-ridden widows of high muckety-muck banking officials or finance ministers who "found" unclaimed accounts containing umpteen bazillion dollars that the widow, not long for this world, would like me to invest in "good works," keeping a percentage for myself. Most of them start off with "Dearest in Christ" or something similar and ask only that I provide eleventy-seven pieces of personal information so that "she" can make sure her agent gets the money to the right recipient.

Same phishing scam, different approach.

I don't get phishing emails from Nigerian princes; I get them from cancer-ridden widows of high muckety-muck banking officials or finance ministers who "found" unclaimed accounts containing umpteen bazillion dollars that the widow, not long for this world, would like me to invest in "good works," keeping a percentage for myself. Most of them start off with "Dearest in Christ" or something similar and ask only that I provide eleventy-seven pieces of personal information so that "she" can make sure her agent gets the money to the right recipient.

:lol2: and wouldn't you want a piece of that? Sounds like a soap opera. Appeals to the greedy devils in all of us.

:thumb:

:lol2: and wouldn't you want a piece of that? Sounds like a soap opera. Appeals to the greedy devils in all of us.

My greedy devil appears to be underdeveloped; I feel deprived! :rofl:

Sad thing is, there must be fish who respond otherwise why would the scammers keep phishing?

Zero marginal cost. Email is free, mostly. At least it doesn't take many to pay for the cost of the scam. Reminds me of Marjoe Goitner though.

As far as the value of the bike, I wonder how many of us with classic cars and bikes are not going to be able to get much for tomorrow as we can today. Between the rise of hybrid/electric cars and a younger generation(s) not seeming to care about the same material things as we do, they may just end up being scrap. Maybe I shouldn't have thrown out my parent's Kate Smith vinyl.

Talk about a miss priced bike....https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/pottsboro-1955-harley-davidson-servi/6930256392.html

I have a bid in for $50.00

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 175
Back