• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2019 Craigslist Thread

I wonder if they mean after rebuild or something? Bike looks really nice in picture. Don't know what there are worth? Are the Harley dirt bikes rare or all over the place?
During the '70s when Harley was owned by AMF, they purchased Aermacchi which was an Italian airplane maufacturing company who began making motorcycles after WWII. Those bikes were the result from that purchase. In '78 AMF sold off the remaining Aermacchi to Cagiva. Hagerty values that bike at $1350 and another auction site says one sold for $12.5k. Just goes to show the value of anything is what someone is willing to spend for it.

How embarrassing that Yamaha put the wrong brand on the bellypan.

4ec489875bacfe9b6ea599fe4a611496.png

I may need one of these one day

Cool idea

Attachments

• IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 163
During the '70s when Harley was owned by AMF, they purchased Aermacchi which was an Italian airplane maufacturing company who began making motorcycles after WWII. Those bikes were the result from that purchase. In '78 AMF sold off the remaining Aermacchi to Cagiva. Hagerty values that bike at $1350 and another auction site says one sold for $12.5k. Just goes to show the value of anything is what someone is willing to spend for it.

The faithful eat that kind of stuff up. Last one I saw for sale was a 250 at a Brit Iron meet in New Ulm and judging by the price he was proud of it. I might pay a premium dollar for an old Baja 100.

I may need one of these one day

Cool idea

I could be wrong but I think that's one of those non-trike kits, i.e., the stock rear wheel still provides drive and so the kit is nothing but a set of big training wheels. A friend with stability problems tried one of those kits on a Sportster . . . . . HORRIBLE!

I can't believe it is not sold. I sold my 12 for 4K and could have got more with patience.. Then a year later bought another one for 5k with taxes and tags added to that. Poor man's BMW.

Those trike conversions are from Voyager. I applaud those that want to keep riding no matter the circumstances.

I picked up a early 90s g.w. from Tyler last month for an older friend with that Voyager kit and the guy got it shined up and looking good.

I'm sure it's kind of poopy 💩 with the ride but it is what it is, cheaper.

IMG_8009.jpg

Those trike conversions are from Voyager. ... I'm sure it's kind of poopy 💩 with the ride but it is what it is, cheaper.
[pic snipped]

"Poopy" may be a good word for it. :lol2:

I don't remember exactly what Ray said about it ( it was in 2003, so my memory is 16yrs worse, but I helped him install the kit and was there when he rode it for the first time) but it was something about it feeling weird when turning and the outside wheel actually took some load, then turning the other way and the partial load shifted to the other "outrigger." I think Ray only rode it a couple of times before taking the kit off and sending it back, and trading/selling the bike. Eventually, he bought a V-Rod that he hauled directly to Moto-Trike in Troup.

Whatever the Voyager setup is, it ain't a trike. Maybe "fourke" would be the right word.

I can't believe it is not sold. I sold my 12 for 4K and could have got more with patience.. Then a year later bought another one for 5k with taxes and tags added to that. Poor man's BMW.
And many times the "poor" man is better off.

Those trike conversions are from Voyager. I applaud those that want to keep riding no matter the circumstances.

I picked up a early 90s g.w. from Tyler last month for an older friend with that Voyager kit and the guy got it shined up and looking good.

I'm sure it's kind of poopy [emoji90] with the ride but it is what it is, cheaper.

View attachment 241186
My dad is at that point. He no longer rides the k1200lt due to weight.

He is spider shopping

If you've ever had the desire to do a little sport touring on the cheap AND are a little handy with wrenches, you'll never find a better bang for the buck:

Neat one on BaT

Always wanted to ride one of these.

Always wanted to ride one of these.

That's a good looking bike. Didn't know about them. I'm through with carbureted street bikes, or is it FI ?

That's a good looking bike. Didn't know about them. I'm through with carbureted street bikes, or is it FI ?

Pretty certain it was carbureted. The Japanese weren't doing a whole lot of FI in '90.

Suzuki had another interesting model in that era called the GSX1100G. It used the 1100 engine from the GSXR but "retuned for mid range power" (ie: detuned) and given hydraulic valve lifters and shaft drive. Rarely see them for sale.

This one is for Mitch

Gold chain? Gotta have it, sir.

You folks should be all over this one....I am telling you what. Special discount to TWT folks is possible.

Absolute steal,

Back