• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2019 Craigslist Thread

I was the tenth caller lol, not sure if i won or not but the guy will be back in town on Sunday so i guess i just have to wait and see.

Attachments

• 65644758-770-0@2X.jpg
    65644758-770-0@2X.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 178
I DVRed the recent Meacum MC auction.
I was surprised at what was hot and what was not.

I realize that an auction is all about who is there and who isn't, but it's also a litmus test of sorts about where the market is.

Post WW2 american made bikes didn't bring as much as European pre-war bikes. And those that were never available in the US went crazy ... well into the 6 figures.

Turn of the century board racers with documented history were hot as well as 60s and 70s factory road racers.

British bikes didn't seem to bring the $$ they once did as well as the 70s-90s "superbikes" like CB750s and KZ900s.
Motocross bikes seemed about the same.

All the data is not from any first-hand knowledge, but rather the commentary I listened to.

I DVRed the recent Meacum MC auction.
I was surprised at what was hot and what was not.

I realize that an auction is all about who is there and who isn't, but it's also a litmus test of sorts about where the market is.

Post WW2 american made bikes didn't bring as much as European pre-war bikes. And those that were never available in the US went crazy ... well into the 6 figures.

Turn of the century board racers with documented history were hot as well as 60s and 70s factory road racers.

British bikes didn't seem to bring the $$ they once did as well as the 70s-90s "superbikes" like CB750s and KZ900s.
Motocross bikes seemed about the same.

All the data is not from any first-hand knowledge, but rather the commentary I listened to.

Was watching yesterday and a '75 Kawasaki 900 Z1-B went for $15k. It was in showroom condition. There were a couple of Yamaha TZ 750s - one was a restored 70s model KR replica which sold in $60k range and the other was advertised as brand new 2018 set up like the bike KR raced flat track on, also sold for $68k.

This looks like a deal for the right guy.

This looks like a deal for the right guy.
That price cant be right

1970 Honda Trail 90 - $600 (Lufkin Tx)

Back