• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Craigslist Thread

I have been thinking we need a CL Thread in the for sale section where we could post interesting ads, great buys, funny ads, "are they really serious ads", etc, and help others find what they are looking for if needed.

I admit I cruise through CL far too often. Yes, I stay out of the "looking for..." sections. :lol2: I am guessing there are others that do this as well. It would be fun to discuss(post) and learn from others about bikes and any issues on certain models/yrs, dealing with people, and all the fun stuff that comes from bargain hunting and window shopping on the net.

Any thoughts from the TWT gang?

admins-If there is a problem with doing this, this thread can die in peace. :-D

:popcorn:

Last edited:
I would admit to doing a bit of browsing in Craigslist. I love looking over the bikes for sale. I also like entertaining myself with Missed Connections. I actually found someone I knew in there as a recipient of a MC. I've even looked at the job postings, alot more this past week. I have found and sold a couple items there also. :oops:

Laugh if thou must, however I have found Craigslist an economical, efficient way to sell those items I no longer need or use. I've also bought several motorcycles at a great price over the years off Craigslist. I quit using the Big "E" entirely.

I do find some of the writing on Craigslist to be funny but some of what people put up is a tribute to their education or a total lack of care. To me, that says a lot about what they are selling and how they have taken care of it. All caps, run on sentences, mispelling, no punctuation and poor phrasing all leads me to wonder how they are smart enough to sit a a keyboard at all. We all make errors on occasion, but some of those people are down right stupid.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I browse craigslist several times a day looking for that "I'll just ask forgiveness" deal :lol2:

Yep, I am sure I want to try this CL thread. The topic comes up often in face to face conversations about good deals, "did you see that?", and some funny ads that are too good not to pass on. I have thought about it for several months now and got a wild hair last night and just did it. Now I am waiting to see if others find it fun to pass along info and ads from CL.

I did see the blackbird, and it is a great looking bike. I sent that link to Shawn a couple of weeks ago to show him what a nice one looked like and I gave him info on what the price ranges were on the bike. We had a conversation about super-sport-touring bikes, as I call them, after he clocked about 60 miles on the zzr.

I hope this thread goes over well and we all can learn from one another and have some laughs along the way. I am hoping that people who have owned bikes like the ones for sale will post up and give insights as to the pros and cons of particular bike. I need someone to tell me that the "nicki hayden rc51" for sale is really not the bike I need, :lol2:. That kinda thing.

That's the plan anyway.

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
Craigshelper has now become searchtempest. It is a good tool for searching multiple cities at once using keywords. It's simple and works well when looking for specific items.

http://www.searchtempest.com/
You can also search results by Googling "search craigslist"
It will bring up pages of results but the 1st one will be "craigslist.org" with a small search box & button underneath.Just type in what you're lookin for & pages of results will be displayed.Not necessarily in order of distance like Tempest though.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=search+craigslist.com&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

This needs to be a topic in which we can add threads, like in the SOHC4 classifieds section of their forum, unless you guys want this thread to surpass the Bandit mega thread.

I am guilty of checking CL a few times a day, I will personally see to it that this thread becomes ungainly.

LOL NPHLYT. That's pretty much why I made the thread. So we can muddy up the water and not effect those who could care less about CL bike talk. I am looking forward to checking out your CL post with commentary.

ps- for anyone who post- I encourage you to add comments with your links or pics you have. Humor is also a plus. There is also room for "I'd love to have one of these someday" post. That alone will run my post count up quite a bit.

Just keep it clean and fun. I do not think anyone will have a problem with us doing a thread as long as it does not become a thorn due to arguments, or going beyond G rating.

hello, my name is mikeylikesit and i'm a C/Laholic. :clap: thank you.

i know this is not bike related and the link is gone now, but i saved it in an email. i thought it was funny and clever enough to share with y'all.

Good and Evil. Two Pygmy Goats
Date: 2009-03-29, 1:38PM EDT

This is the story of two goats. One is as black as midnight, thus his very creative name, Midnight. His coat may be black, but his heart is golden and he is like a ray of sunshine on a gloomy day. He's content to sit in the grass and nibble away at the weeds and just be an all around good guy. He likes freshly cut grass, all weeds, vines, corn and sweet feed. He hasn't been with us for very long, but he's been a joy to have here.

Then there's Mr. Marbles. He's a much larger goat who will head-butt a fence post, a shed, a car, a lawnmower, a cat or anything else that looks too perfect. He likes things to be dented, knocked over or destroyed. He will eat anything. I mean anything. He will try to eat your clothes off your body and has tried to steal cigarettes out of the hands of visitors. He's very good at hopping fences or bashing them down. If there is a car he can get to, he will climb on the hood and leave a million little hoof dents in it. He'll pull the windshield wipers off for you, pull the trim pieces off, eat them and then use his head to bash out all the marker lights. He can even open the doors if left alone to ponder it long enough. He likes freshly cut grass, all weeds, vines, corn, sweet feed, ornamental shrubs, all expensive plants and trees, Fritos, siding, insulation, plastic, metal, cloth, and most composite materials. He also seems to be addicted to nicotine.

These two wethers are attached to each other, so you can't have good without evil. Midnight screams his head off when he can't see Mr. Marbles. We need a home for them where they can be kept together and FAR away from any houses, sheds, vehicles, or cigarettes. We'd like to find a friendly, responsible goat farm for them. Although we've threatened to barbecue Mr. Marbles many, many, many, many times, we do prefer that neither of them be used for food. We will give them free to a good home. Please email if interested. WE WILL NOT SEPARATE THEM, so please understand that you cannot have the good without the evil. This is a package deal. We will not be held responsible for the damage Mr. Marbles is going to do to your property. Once again, these goats are FREE to a good home. All we ask is that you return our lawnmower key if Mr. Marbles happens to eventually poop it out. Thank you.

UPDATE: Mr. Marbles has now learned how to turn on the water faucet. He thinks it's so cool that he does it constantly, all day long. Sometimes throughout the night. I know there has to be someone out there who would appreciate this unique skill. Not every goat knows how to drain a well.

I think very tastefully is more accurate than tastelessly. This bike doesn't lack taste, it has BAD taste in abundance.
:thumb: Good observation. Funny stuff. :lol2:

It's one of those "if I have to explain it do you...." type of thing. I do find a lot of humor among people and the way we group up with those who like what we like. One man's cool ride is another mans junk.

I just had the discussion again this afternoon of "why don't you buy a cruiser?" The discussion is polite and usually ends up with me telling someone that I am happy you like what you ride, but I am very happy buying bikes that appeal to me.

Mission: find a deal on a DL1000 Vstrom.

OK guys, I have a friend who who is looking for a great buy on a '04 or newer DL1000 Vstrom. :loco:

Whatever you source is, CL or not. Lets see what you can find.

The hounds are loosed.................

How about another CBX?
1981 HONDA CBX, RUNS AND RIDES, 9000 mi showing on odometer. hard bags.
And another
1980 CBX in perfect condition. Perfect for the collector. 4000 or best offer. Runs great. has perfect tires, perfectly balanced and everything is grand with this bike. 18K original miles. Clean clear title in hand. Ready to go. No problems whatsoever. 6 to 1 header. contact for details.
This one is a beautiful color and has an amazing header