• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Craigslist Thread

2WheelNut

Forum Supporter
Did you post as a good deal or as a ridiculous one? $4500 seems really high to me for a 16+ year old bike and especially when it doesn't appear the seller cares enough about it to even step back and take a decent picture.

Makes me wonder what the maintenance history (or lack of) would be.

I know the old RT's go forever....but for that money....I think one could do a lot better.

Last edited:
https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-honda-cbr600rr-project/6772834859.html

"Has hole in right side engine cover" "starts and runs"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Um, keep the revs down.

It also has been heavily dropped on both sides if not wrecked or slid 50 yards, the handle grips show evidence of having being slid on both sides, there are wires & cables hanging out, there's no seat, there's no gas cap, there's a big ugly mess where a fairing used to be, and anything not already mentioned looks like it's been chewed by squirrels.

Possibly not a bargain at $1650.

StromXTc

Forum Supporter
Um, keep the revs down.

It also has been heavily dropped on both sides if not wrecked or slid 50 yards, the handle grips show evidence of having being slid on both sides, there are wires & cables hanging out, there's no seat, there's no gas cap, there's a big ugly mess where a fairing used to be, and anything not already mentioned looks like it's been chewed by squirrels.

Possibly not a bargain at $1650.
No fuel cap! Deal breaker :lol2:

2005 Honda CBR600RR Project
Clean clear Texas Title
No ket has in off switch
Has hold in right side engine cover
Start and runs
****text for video of running motorcycle****
YouTube video:[ame="https://youtu.be/4xLGFKTBv5k"]2005 Honda CBR600RR - YouTube[/ame]
Text: show contact info
Price:$$$$1650

Attachments

Let's see. We have a 40 y/o hand-me-down from the last gasps of the 70s van craze. Leaks oil. Recently wrecked. Interior looks like a kid's tree house decorated with garage leftovers. Custom-built in "a factory," which is probably one of those thousands of here-today-gone-tomorrow conversion shops that used to line South Cooper St in Arlington.

I also note that he's worried about scam artists. Somehow, I don't think his van is going to be their primary target. :trust: